Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

3 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

THIS HAS TO BE THE WORST TAKE I HAVE EVER SEEN

Why do you insist to put words in my mouth????  Only part of what I posted is there and so this is taken completely out of context.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Newsflash! Recruiting this year has nothing to do with his contract length. Its about the consistent product on the field. Its about 7 straight years of 4+ losses. Its saying 6-4 (which we havent even achieved) is a "solid season." Its not being able to count to 5. Its giving up a 3 TD lead in what would be our 1st win in Red stick THIS CENTURY and saying "its not the end of the world." Its a mickey mouse high school offense. It is not retaining the talent we sign. Its not developing the talent we manage to keep. Its QBs regressing under his tutelage.

Saying its because of his contract tells me you dont even watch the games. How in the Sam hell you can watch the product on the field then with a straight face blame our recruiting tanking on Malzahn needing ANOTHER extension is beyond me and I would assume a majority of the fanbase.

You are being driven by your emotions.  Our recruiting is the only thing I'm talking about here.  If you haven't noticed our recruiting classes have been highly rated despite having those 4 loss seasons.....UNTIL THIS YEAR.  How about use some logic instead of emotions????  The reason our recruiting isn't going well this year is because our administration has our head coach hanging in limbo.  They need to ACT ASAP!!!!!!  

1 minute ago, SocialCircle said:

head coach hanging in limbo

Nope...Reckon it might have something to do with how they are "coached up?"....How they are never developed?...Nah, surely its not that

2 hours ago, wcware said:

I’m sorry but I just don’t see the talent. When I take off the orange and blue glasses I don’t see a single guy on either line that starts at any other SEC school

Don’t even need the O&B or beer goggles. I called it (OL and DL) before the season. For the OL, I was told “addition by subtraction.” For the DL, I was told “we have more depth now.”

Bullllllllllllll-S

1 hour ago, chizhead said:

Nope...Reckon it might have something to do with how they are "coached up?"....How they are never developed?...Nah, surely its not that

Explain why all of a sudden this year we are over 30 slots down from last year or the last several years? You can’t. 

15 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Just checking in to see if Gus has been fired yet. 

Depends on who you ask

7 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-auburnsports-com-rundown/id911904779#episodeGuid=808bb997-c348-44c1-9f19-0d4f9ca62fd1

Good, level headed, well thought out discussion.  As always I’m not advocating joining the bunker.

Why? The bunker is awesome. A lot of fun. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

SHOOTERS SHOOT!!!

eweqw.gif

And unfortunately Auburn Athletics don't have admins & big money boosters who are shooters, not enough anyway to try to always get better instead of accepting mediocracy out of fear of being worse.

2 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Until or unless all, I repeat, all the big money people for Auburn get on the same page, all we'll get is Malzahn under another name.💥

Maybe but still gotta try. I can't stress this enough. Accepting mediocracy out of fear of being worse is a loser's mentality.

How many of y’all pick up your phone and check it out each time there’s an ESPN notification and hope that it reads, “Auburn head coach fired”?  I do :)

3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Honestly no offense, but are you a competitive person? Have you ever played sports on a high level? I have never, ever, ever understood the "he'd be crazy to come here because it's hard" perspective.

Competitive people love to compete. Why do you hear kids always say "I came to the SEC to compete against the best." Or in big games "this is why you come to Auburn." Why don't these 5 stars go to the Mountain West? Why doesn't 1st round talent go to the CFL? It'd certainly be easier.

A challenge is an ATTRACTIVE aspect of Auburn's job. If you are a D1 head coach, you are likely one of the most competitive, driven, egotistical men on the planet. Any coach who doesn't salivate over the OPPORTUNITY, not burden, of conquering the nation's toughest conference here at Auburn... we don't want him.

And to be honest, I think our current head coach shares the "it's hard" mentality. That's why he quotes our schedule and calls 4 losses "solid". It doesn't work. Enough is enough.

You don’t t know me personally so easy with that. The fan expectations here are far greater than Oregon. Championships are bust, that’s what we want right? It’s what I want. Because your big rival has proven they will be there, so Auburn feels hey why not us? And it should be that way. And the coach should be able to meet that expectation especially with the resources Auburn offers. But 9-3 with losses to those main rivals and people start to rumble. It’s the reality down here. It’s not about being afraid of competition its about knowing what you have, your family, and recognizing sometimes the grass is always not greener. 

1 hour ago, SocialCircle said:

Explain why all of a sudden this year we are over 30 slots down from last year or the last several years? You can’t. 

Yes. He or anyone can who cares to understand simple math beyond just total scores. We are where we are in total points because we have less commits than nearly every schools in D1. When our class fills out it will be in the 17-22 range in total score. It's still underwhelming & not where we want or need to be but in the more important number of rating per commits we are 15th in the nation at 89.23.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Mike4AUIn a way yes. JJ didn't tell Bruce to hire Chuck. He forced him to. Bruce didn't want Chuck at all.

This here is the problem with Auburn athletics. When they truly give the keys away I think it could meet it’s full potential, and be consistent in all sports across the board.

1 hour ago, AuMarine said:

Just checking in to see if Gus has been fired yet. 

@AuMarineIf it happens it will be after the Miss St. game or NSD. If you check the thread before then it's just for entertainment purposes.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Yes. He or anyone can who cares to understand simple math beyond just total scores. We are where we are in total points because we have less commits than nearly every schools in D1. When our class fills out it will be in the 17-22 range in total score. It's still underwhelming & not where we want or need to be but in the more important number of rating per commits we are 15th in the nation at 89.23.

Why aren’t more prospects committing to us? It is because our coach is in limbo. 

36 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-auburnsports-com-rundown/id911904779#episodeGuid=808bb997-c348-44c1-9f19-0d4f9ca62fd1

Good, level headed, well thought out discussion.  As always I’m not advocating joining the bunker.

Been posted several times across a few threads. lol

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I have a French Resistance rifle from WWII that has never been shot and only dropped only once.  

Yes, it’s A JOKE.

A damn funny one too!

29 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Why? The bunker is awesome. A lot of fun. 

It's an aquired taste. I hate the bunkering. I only check out the insiders' posts.

26 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Just because it’s competition 

Not really. It's a pay site & we are a free site not trying to compete with them.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Maybe but still gotta try. I can't stress this enough. Accepting mediocracy out of fear of being worse is a loser's mentality.

I don’t think it’s a fear of being worse. It’s a fear of the almighty dollar. Who doling out all that cash? Money talks so someone needs to write the check and send him on his way. If you ain’t got it all sit down and be quiet. 

Archived