Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

5 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

He will be back imo. Unless a booster gives Auburn a blank check to fire then turn around and hire new people. 

I don't see it. You have to pay him 7 million if he's back for salary regardless and then a buy out still? There is not just 1 money man who wants him gone. A lot do. Not just 1 will be writing the buy out checks it will be several. He is a dead man walking. There will be no Houdini escape like last time. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

I seem to recall that JJ told Bruce to hire Chuck.  Am I wrong about that?

@Mike4AUIn a way yes. JJ didn't tell Bruce to hire Chuck. He forced him to. Bruce didn't want Chuck at all.

51 minutes ago, keesler said:

It took Bama over a decade to recover from the ineptitude.  Hopefully the PTB at Auburn will head this downward spiral early enough to ward off any deeper ineptitude than what we already have on staff.

Gus has had 8 full years to build his program and we all know it's an average 4 loss per season entity he's built.  Hell, he knows what he's built and he thinks it's a solid team. :dead:

when auburn players start selling drugs in the parking lot it will mean the end is near. but actually they did that under shula right?

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

@Mike4AUIn a way yes. JJ didn't tell Bruce to hire Chuch. He forced him to. Bruce didn't want Chuck at all.

did chuck not get off pretty much scott free? i never liked him anyway because he was always mouthing off about sir charles.

1 hour ago, wcware said:

It really is a shame. I realize that some kids reach their potential and some never do but why in the world would any high school recruit put their future in the hands of Auburn?

@wcware I agree on offense. Defense has or at least had good coaches before this year's performances.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@wcware I agree on offense. Defense has or at least had good coaches before this year's performances.

I agree with that. Something is amiss with the team in general. Attitude, chemistry, leadership, maybe all three seem to be a problem on the defensive side of the ball as well 

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

This takes me back to early signing day for the 2019 class. 

I wonder how many of you would still get your panties in a wad about me saying "if Pat cared about Bo and his career he wouldnt let his 5* QB son sign with Auburn while Gus Malzahn is anywhere near it?" 

I would have loved nothing more than to have been wrong about saying that. But so far its spot on.

@Auburn2EugeneYou weren't wrong. That just was not the day & time to be saying that. NSD is a day reserved for celebrating the kids that choose to come to AU.

28 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

He will be back imo. Unless a booster gives Auburn a blank check to fire then turn around and hire new people. 

The money is & has been there as WDE has told us countless times. We just needed the big money neutrals to get out of the way. Hopefully enough have now.

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

IMO he would be nuts to leave there come to Auburn and be required to beat UGA, UA, LSU and win the SEC title year in and year out. It’s brutal down here.

Honestly no offense, but are you a competitive person? Have you ever played sports on a high level? I have never, ever, ever understood the "he'd be crazy to come here because it's hard" perspective.

Competitive people love to compete. Why do you hear kids always say "I came to the SEC to compete against the best." Or in big games "this is why you come to Auburn." Why don't these 5 stars go to the Mountain West? Why doesn't 1st round talent go to the CFL? It'd certainly be easier.

A challenge is an ATTRACTIVE aspect of Auburn's job. If you are a D1 head coach, you are likely one of the most competitive, driven, egotistical men on the planet. Any coach who doesn't salivate over the OPPORTUNITY, not burden, of conquering the nation's toughest conference here at Auburn... we don't want him.

And to be honest, I think our current head coach shares the "it's hard" mentality. That's why he quotes our schedule and calls 4 losses "solid". It doesn't work. Enough is enough.

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

That’s all bull s*** talkers making it up.    It was going to be the real deal had someone not let the cat out of bag before the Bama game.   Petrino was going to be the HC  the in 1998 if jet gate didn’t happen.   

i believe you mean 2003 instead of 98

5 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Honestly no offense, but are you a competitive person? Have you ever played sports on a high level? I have never, ever, ever understood the "he'd be crazy to come here because it's hard" perspective.

Competitive people love to compete. Why do you hear kids always say "I came to the SEC to compete against the best." Or in big games "this is why you come to Auburn." Why don't these 5 stars go to the Mountain West? Why doesn't 1st round talent go to the CFL? It'd certainly be easier.

A challenge is an ATTRACTIVE aspect of Auburn's job. If you are a D1 head coach, you are likely one of the most competitive, driven, egotistical men on the planet. Any coach who doesn't salivate over the OPPORTUNITY, not burden, of conquering the nation's toughest conference here at Auburn... we don't want him.

And to be honest, I think our current head coach shares the "it's hard" mentality. That's why he quotes our schedule and calls 4 losses "solid". It doesn't work. Enough is enough.

Word Up GIFs | Tenor

8 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

“We are a very inexperienced team, and we had injuries.”-Gus

There is no argument to be had. 

The only question that matters: 

Is a possible setback for Auburn Football worth the risk if it means Gus is fired? 

The only answer: 

Absolutely. 

I don’t care if a new guy comes in and fields a competitive 3-9 team. I would not regret my stance on wanting Gus gone. It’s that simple. 

If consistent loses are okay with you then IMO you are a loser. 🤷‍♀️

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

There is no argument to be had. 

The only question that matters: 

Is a possible setback for Auburn Football worth the risk if it means Gus is fired? 

The only answer: 

Absolutely. 

I don’t care if a new guy comes in and fields a competitive 3-9 team. I would not regret my stance on wanting Gus gone. It’s that simple. 

If consistent loses are okay with you then IMO you are a loser. 🤷‍♀️

SHOOTERS SHOOT!!!

eweqw.gif

14 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Absolutely crushed it my dude. Gus literally does not give a s*** whether we lose or win. 

9 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

You gone get picked off a time or two but at least THROW THE BALL. 

Well I was talking about the "risk" of firing Gus. BUT YES THAT TOO!!! hahaha. I do not think there is ANY risk at all of firing Gus when it comes to just strictly about football and on the field play. WHAT IS THERE TO LOSE?!?! Great recruiting? BAHAHHA we are bottomed out in the 30's and 40's depending on the site right now. OHH NOOOO what we will do without a run up the gut for 2 yards after a first down. MAYBE THIS TIME the defense will not see it coming! lmao pffffffft.................

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Well in the pretty much everyone's eyes that answer would be no. However in everyday life they are a lot more alike than one may imagine. 

They are both felons. They have both done prison time. Neither of them would ever be able to live the life a non felon would. 

So in some ways yeah, they are the same. There are lots of kinds of roses my friend. There are 5 dollar rose bushes and then there is the Juliet Rose. 

Except one evaded taxes. The other organized mass murders.

Roughly about the same distance apart in what Pearl did vs what Freeze did.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The money is & has been there as WDE has told us countless times. We just needed the big money neutrals to get out of the way. Hopefully enough have now.

I feel like with Gus we are one season away from praising our "5-star hearts" and "champions of life". The excuses are mounting up and the answers are becoming more and more scarce. Cole Cubelic said it best this morning - sure you can say that with the normal schedule we'd be having a "solid year" but even that isn't based in reality. Bama, Georgia, and A&M are teams we'd have to play regardless of the schedule shake-up and with how we've been playing you can't count North Carolina as a win either. 

Rumors not withstanding, I would like to think that anyone with more business acumen than me can look across to Knoxville and see the comparable trajectory. It's been a meme that Must-win mode Gus is undefeated, well this game against A&M was a must win and Gus either: Didn't think so -or- couldn't piece it together. Regardless, it should be a screaming indictment...

20 hours ago, Jones Field said:

Why do some of you act like France in the 1940s???

Wave the white flag?? Geez!

I have a French Army rifle from WWII that has never been shot and only dropped only once.  

Yes, it’s A JOKE.

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well I was talking about the "risk" of firing Gus. BUT YES THAT TOO!!! hahaha. I do not think there is ANY risk at all of firing Gus when it comes to just strictly about football and on the field play. WHAT IS THERE TO LOSE?!?! Great recruiting? BAHAHHA we are bottomed out in the 30's and 40's depending on the site. OHH NOOOO what we will do without a run up the gut for 2 yards after a first down. MAYBE THIS TIME the defense will not see it coming! lmao pffffffft.................

Oh I was too. Lol, but you’re right. There is absolutely no risk in firing the man. Not every coach can be Saban but if that’s not what you’re looking for then why you looking? 

3 hours ago, chizhead said:

Do wha? Extend his contract? This guy writes this same type s*** on the 24/7 board,too.....Some folks are just happy be average. Gus Malzahn strives to be "solid"....They should have to sleep together

Why do you insist to put words in my mouth????  Only part of what I posted is there and so this is taken completely out of context. 

Archived