Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

8 minutes ago, AUnMS said:

How many of y’all pick up your phone and check it out each time there’s an ESPN notification and hope that it reads, “Auburn head coach fired”?  I do :)

I don't get updates from the Extremely S***** Political Network

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Why aren’t more prospects committing to us? It is because our coach is in limbo. 

Maybe. At least that's the negative recruiting our opponents are hammering recruits with on a daily basis.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

It's an aquired taste. I hate the bunkering. I only check out the insiders' posts.

Scratch that. That run down was a freaking joke today man. Bmatt and j lee were talking like a bunch of bitches with their gus propaganda making excuses for him at every turn. JGT was the only one talking sense. I am so embarrassed for those 2 clowns. I expect that out of b matt but not j lee. Smh.

1 minute ago, SocialCircle said:

Why aren’t more prospects committing to us? It is because our coach is in limbo. 

The prospects stopped committing to us long before Gus Malzahn ever entered "limbo" in the public eye. Even early in the season before we'd witnessed anything negative on the field we were already losing ground everywhere. I mentioned this in a post before, but COVID has really exposed the idea of Gus Malzahn as a recruiter. We all know that he doesn't radiate the typical type of energy that would entice recruits, but what we're now seeing is that the physical presence of Auburn itself was as big a selling point as our actual head coach. Gus Malzahn becomes much less appealing over zoom call, it seems. And does that surprise you? Now he's left sitting there trying to sell his results and his own qualifications, acumen, personality, and vision...and we all know by now that its nothing impressive.

The other aspect is that he has lost support from the nameless people behind the scenes who fuel recruiting. In this sense the fact that he is in limbo is a legitimate reason for the drop in recruiting, however, these people didn't all of a sudden unfairly jump off this bus. This is an expected outcome to a coach being given opportunity after opportunity to grow and improve, and coming back with nothing of significance to show. You could give Gus Malzahn a 10-year extension if you wanted; usually when you lose the support of the recruiting cog that drives the program its basically over for you.

14 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Recruiting trip on game week?? 

Screenshot_20201208-194903~2.png

38 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Or it's because our coach doesn't do a good job at player development.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Or it's because our coach doesn't do a good job at player development.

Makes no sense whatsoever. Then why did we have highly rated classes the previous several seasons? 

3 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Absolutely crushed it my dude. Gus literally does not give a s*** whether we lose or win. 

He cares, as in, he'd like to. But he is unwilling to potentially fail at swinging big. So he'll kick field goals against the big boys and ping pong to 8 wins a season. It's pathetic. 

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

You don’t t know me personally so easy with that. The fan expectations here are far greater than Oregon. Championships are bust, that’s what we want right? It’s what I want. Because your big rival has proven they will be there, so Auburn feels hey why not us? And it should be that way. And the coach should be able to meet that expectation especially with the resources Auburn offers. But 9-3 with losses to those main rivals and people start to rumble. It’s the reality down here. It’s not about being afraid of competition its about knowing what you have, your family, and recognizing sometimes the grass is always not greener. 

If you consider elite competition a plus then the grass is certainly greener in the SEC than PAC 12. What I am getting at is you don't get into D1 football for job security or comfort. It's one of the most insane, non-stop, grueling, pressure-intense gigs there is. If Cristobal is a true competitor, he'll jump at the chance to coach a top SEC program like Auburn.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Scratch that. That run down was a freaking joke man. Bmatt and j lee were talking like a bunch of bitches with their gus propaganda making excuses for him.jgt was the only one talking sense. I am so embarrassed for those 2 clowns. I expect that out of b matt but not j lee. Smh.

Yeah I usually like to listen to B Matt, but he’s been so depressing lately.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Not really. It's a pay site & we are a free site not trying to compete with them.

I guess I should say not trying to promote other sites

Do you really think getting blown out against Georgia, losing to a terrible South Carolina, looking equal to Arkansas and Ole Miss, embarrassed by Alabama and handily losing at home to Texas A&M did not impact recruiting?  And BTW Gus was responsible for all that. Which means he is responsible for the apathy,  anger,  and discontent. When the results are 2nd tier the recruiting was always destined to follow the same trend as soon as the glamor wore off. The recruits and the parents are seeing the same results the fans are. They see the offensive line depth chart and lack of opportunity it presents. To think otherwise is to question their intelligence

1 hour ago, SocialCircle said:

Makes no sense whatsoever. Then why did we have highly rated classes the previous several seasons? 

Scratch that. That run down was a freaking joke man. Bmatt and j lee were talking like a bunch of bitches with their gus propaganda making excuses for him.jgt was the only one talking sense. I am so embarrassed for those 2 clowns. I expect that out of b matt but not j lee. Smh.

Bryan Mathews doesn't act this way on local radio so I don't know what's the issue there. 

If it doesn't make sense what players come to mind that jump out at you that really was coached up?

I listen to their podcast occasionally; usually right up to the point when I realize I’m no longer hard-legging and hanging out at the DQ on Saturday nights anymore.

If you look at the start ratings only, you're not focusing at the entire roster.  We've recruited the o line like complete **** for three years.

But why highly rated offensive players would come to Auburn right now, I honestly have no idea.  Malzahn's offense has produced exactly three Top 2 round draft picks in his entire tenure (B. Smith, G. Robinson, and K. Johnson).  If I'm a recruit with potential NFL talent and see that, there's no chance I'm coming to Auburn.

Just so you're aware, that number is fewer than Mizzou.

4 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

You are being driven by your emotions.  Our recruiting is the only thing I'm talking about here.  If you haven't noticed our recruiting classes have been highly rated despite having those 4 loss seasons.....UNTIL THIS YEAR.  How about use some logic instead of emotions????  The reason our recruiting isn't going well this year is because our administration has our head coach hanging in limbo.  They need to ACT ASAP!!!!!!  

Whats your target- walleye, salmon, kingfish? 

32 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

If you look at the start ratings only, you're not focusing at the entire roster.  We've recruited the o line like complete **** for three years.

But why highly rated offensive players would come to Auburn right now, I honestly have no idea.  Malzahn's offense has produced exactly three Top 2 round draft picks in his entire tenure (B. Smith, G. Robinson, and K. Johnson).  If I'm a recruit with potential NFL talent and see that, there's no chance I'm coming to Auburn.

Just so you're aware, that number is fewer than Mizzou.

Wow, I figured it was bad, but damn. Tubs, who overall had dogshit offenses and also mediocre results, had 3 in one season. And noone ever claimed he was an offensive guru. 

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Bryan Mathews doesn't act this way on local radio so I don't know what's the issue there. 

How is he on local talk radio? He is on every week with Bill Cameron right on the Drive correct?

3 hours ago, metafour said:

The prospects stopped committing to us long before Gus Malzahn ever entered "limbo" in the public eye. Even early in the season before we'd witnessed anything negative on the field we were already losing ground everywhere. I mentioned this in a post before, but COVID has really exposed the idea of Gus Malzahn as a recruiter. We all know that he doesn't radiate the typical type of energy that would entice recruits, but what we're now seeing is that the physical presence of Auburn itself was as big a selling point as our actual head coach. Gus Malzahn becomes much less appealing over zoom call, it seems. And does that surprise you? Now he's left sitting there trying to sell his results and his own qualifications, acumen, personality, and vision...and we all know by now that its nothing impressive.

The other aspect is that he has lost support from the nameless people behind the scenes who fuel recruiting. In this sense the fact that he is in limbo is a legitimate reason for the drop in recruiting, however, these people didn't all of a sudden unfairly jump off this bus. This is an expected outcome to a coach being given opportunity after opportunity to grow and improve, and coming back with nothing of significance to show. You could give Gus Malzahn a 10-year extension if you wanted; usually when you lose the support of the recruiting cog that drives the program its basically over for you.

thank you!

It looks like some folks didn’t like the podcast and that’s fine.  One of the main points they did bring up is if a change is going to be made it probably won’t happen till after signing day.  It’s not breaking news but it sounds like Auburn could end up bringing in 6-7 more guys this class and even though it’s not the quantity you’d like it’s still decent quality.  I’m not a recruiting guru but it sounds like you’d rather get the guys to sign and have a Freeze or Cristobal come in on the back end and keep them with Auburn if Gus is kicked to the curb.

5 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

People cared and helped out.

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

If it doesn't make sense what players come to mind that jump out at you that really was coached up?

Well, there was...umm...you know that one guy...uhh...umm...

9 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

Even in our best recruiting years, we still finish 5th or 6th in the SEC recruiting rankings, behind Bama, LSU, UGA, UF, and lately TAMU. And it shows on the field that way. A moderately better coach could close that gap with player development but we don’t have that coach. 

Archived