Insiders Hearing Anything? (Threads Merged)

AUght2win

19 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Ok, someone help me understand this because here’s the thing I don’t get. We keep talking about how the administration will probably wait until next year because the buyout drops from about $21 million this year to about $16 million next year and it will save the school about $5 million. But.... we still have to pay Gus his salary next season ($7 million) plus the buyout which would total $23 million, so we would actually owe Gus MORE money by waiting until next year. We would save about $2 million overall by pulling the trigger this year instead of waiting until next year, so why is this being used as the excuse? I know there’s covid, lost revenue this year, etc, but it’s not like he’s swinging by the athletic department on his way out to pick up a $21 million check if he’s let go after this season. Does anyone else see it the way I do?

The contract was designed this way to make parting ways as painful as possible - and so, less likely. 

If only the AU PTB had taken and passed arithmetic before they signed that noose of a contract extension...  

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SocialCircle said:

We looked similar in 2018 and still had a highly rated class. LSU looks much worse than us and still has a solid class. The primary reason our recruiting is significantly down is because our administration has our head coach in limbo. In 2018 our AD came out with a statement and it helped recruiting. Dead silence this year. 

Nah. The recruits (commits and prospects who were on the verge of committing) started jumping ship right after the UGA debacle at the beginning of this season. It's on Gus and the dysfunctional offense he has cultivated and created over eight years. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The way you know if that guy doesn't know what he's talking about is if he talks. Dead giveaway every time. 

Bro you spoke the truth with this one

25 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Ok, someone help me understand this because here’s the thing I don’t get. We keep talking about how the administration will probably wait until next year because the buyout drops from about $21 million this year to about $16 million next year and it will save the school about $5 million. But.... we still have to pay Gus his salary next season ($7 million) plus the buyout which would total $23 million, so we would actually owe Gus MORE money by waiting until next year. We would save about $2 million overall by pulling the trigger this year instead of waiting until next year, so why is this being used as the excuse? I know there’s covid, lost revenue this year, etc, but it’s not like he’s swinging by the athletic department on his way out to pick up a $21 million check if he’s let go after this season. Does anyone else see it the way I do?

We have to pay a coach either way. Salary next year shouldn’t be part of the calculus. 

28 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

His buyout doesn't decrease to 16.2 mil until after 31 Dec 2021. If he's fired anytime between now and then, it will be 75% of his remaining contract plus his years salary, whatever that math figures to be.

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What are the chances Oregon is talking extension to Cristobal immediately after 2 ugly losses because they're feeling AU is gonna come calling?

It might be indicative of not just Auburn sniffing around, but Texas and Michigan... But I had mentioned earlier Cristobal and Oregon had been in contract extension negotiations way back in the Spring before all the cancellations and spending freezes happened. Honestly if we want Cristobal, we have to hope Texas convinces Urban Meyer to re-unretire. We won't win that bidding war...

56 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Nick Marshall is one of the best examples of a player developed by Auburn.  He became a much better passer his second year here.  He also was much better as the 2013 season progressed.  We took a guy UGA moved to the secondary and put him in a position that allowed him to take us to the national title game.  

We took a guy who was dynamic and carried us and then when he wanted to get better and prep for the NFL, our genius coach denied him the opportunity as if he knows ANYTHING about preparing a QB for the NFL so he had to play corner.....that's how we treated one of the greatest QB's and hero 's to EVER play for our school

5 minutes ago, Bathel said:

We have to pay a coach either way. Salary next year shouldn’t be part of the calculus. 

Except we won't be paying 7 to the new hire. Depending on the coach, we can save a good bit in salaries.

And also I don't have to speculate as far as our 4 star QB goes.....he absolutely didn't decommit because of a coach being in limbo. So that can't be argued

36 minutes ago, bigbird said:

For the top tier prospects, the more important variables are, will they be put in a position to showcase their talents and will they be developed enough to make it to the league.

And AU is in the top 10 for getting players into the league as of right now. Thanks again for proving my point.

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We took a guy who was dynamic and carried us and then when he wanted to get better and prep for the NFL, our genius coach denied him the opportunity as if he knows ANYTHING about preparing a QB for the NFL so he had to play corner.....that's how we treated one of the greatest QB's and hero 's to EVER play for our school

Gus didn’t deny Nick Marshall anything. He helped him become a better QB. 

3 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

And AU is in the top 10 for getting players into the league as of right now. Thanks again for proving my point.

Wrong. They are 10th in players in the league. Not everyone playing on Sunday played under Gus.

Well hell I tried to make it to at least noon today but its just not in the cards. That's right i am low on beer again today i am headed out now to grab two more 18 packs for today. I got wings for me and a buddy yesterday I think i will get some stone crab claws today. Can I get anything again today for anyone? I don't mind stopping. If this keeps up I will be in rehab before New Years. You cant say I don't Love Auburn.

4 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

You shouldn't speak on things you don't know. He absolutely told him not to train with the NFL guy

Blackson, Angelo 

Davidson, Marlon 

Harris, Josh 

Harrell, Marquel 

Williams, Duke 

Brown, Derrick 

Horton, Mike 

Bynes, Josh 

Lawson, Carl 

Uzomah, CJ 

Parkey, Cody 

Johnson, Kerryon 

Siposs, Arryn 

Adams, Montravius 

Smith, Braden

Russell, Dontavius 

Thomas, Daniel 

Wright, Gabe 

Carlson, Daniel 

Coe, Nick DE 

Cox, Chandler 

Davis, Javaris 

Igbinoghene, Noah 

Jones, Jonathan 

King, Brandon 

Newton, Cam 

Stidham, Jarrett 

Slade, Chad 

Slayton, Darius 

Driscoll, Jack 

Ford, Rudy 

Wanogho, Prince Tega 

Thorpe, Neiko 

Coleman, Shon 

Ford, Dee 

Davis, Carlton 

Dean, Jamel 

Bates, Daren 

Barber, Peyton 

Lawrence, Devaroe

That's 40 players. How many of those were at AU when Gus was the HC?

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/active-nfl-players-by-college/auburn/90061

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Wrong. They are 10th in players in the league. Not everyone playing on Sunday played under Gus.

And LMAO at getting....there are a few guys who played in the NFL and had minimal time here.....that's how well we identify talent. Then what if you take the transfers that were actually developed by other coaches out?

51 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Nothing has changed except our administration refuses to make a statement, so recruiting is way off from all other seasons Gus has been here. 

His contract isn't even close to expiring. Statement-wise they owe us nothing. A non-statement is so far down the list of reasons this recruiting class is bust, it aint worth discussing. 

Just now, bigbird said:

Blackson, Angelo 

Davidson, Marlon 

Harris, Josh 

Harrell, Marquel 

Williams, Duke 

Brown, Derrick 

Horton, Mike 

Bynes, Josh 

Lawson, Carl 

Uzomah, CJ 

Parkey, Cody 

Johnson, Kerryon 

Siposs, Arryn 

Adams, Montravius 

Smith, Braden

Russell, Dontavius 

Thomas, Daniel 

Wright, Gabe 

Carlson, Daniel 

Coe, Nick DE 

Cox, Chandler 

Davis, Javaris 

Igbinoghene, Noah 

Jones, Jonathan 

King, Brandon 

Newton, Cam 

Stidham, Jarrett 

Slade, Chad 

Slayton, Darius 

Driscoll, Jack 

Ford, Rudy 

Wanogho, Prince Tega 

Thorpe, Neiko 

Coleman, Shon 

Ford, Dee 

Davis, Carlton 

Dean, Jamel 

Bates, Daren 

Barber, Peyton 

Lawrence, Devaroe

That's 40 players. How many of those were at AU when Gus was the HC?

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/active-nfl-players-by-college/auburn/90061

This is why IDC I will not hate muschamp. He came in and got is more talent in a summer than a bunch of our coaches have in a career

9 minutes ago, Hay Field 101 said:

Well hell I tried to make it to at least noon today but its just not in the cards. That's right i am low on beer again today i am headed out now to grab two more 18 packs for today. I got wings for me and a buddy yesterday I think i will get some stone crab claws today. Can I get anything again today for anyone? I don't mind stopping. If this keeps up I will be in rehab before New Years. You cant say I don't Love Auburn.

do you deliver, or ship?

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

And LMAO at getting....there are a few guys who played in the NFL and had minimal time here.....that's how well we identify talent. Then what if you take the transfers that were actually developed by other coaches out?

What!?! No way you know what your talking about! Brandon King definitely made it to the league based off his time at AU. 😂

The argument for how Gus handles  QB’s, you should take a look at Stidham.   He is truly the only QB that Gus has had that was an NFL quarterback prospect.   Stidham got worse his second year at Auburn.   

All the other QB’s were college QB’s only.  Nick Marshal was an   College QB when he got to Auburn and became slightly better than average his second season.

White was same player when he left as he was when he got to Auburn.   

Kinda putting the comments together from various people here. I am thinking Gus was told this week he would be let go next week, but they haven't made it public, probably with NSD in mind and for purposes of the next coach still coaching maybe (if MC). Question is if the players were told or not.  JMO.

25 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

He literally didn't let him get outside coaching. 

Its ok to claim ignorance on something

12 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Kinda putting the comments together from various people here. I am thinking Gus was told this week he would be let go next week, but they haven't made it public, probably with NSD in mind and for purposes of the next coach still coaching maybe (if MC). Question is if the players were told or not.  JMO.

This would’ve gotten out by now if that was the case. Somebody definitely would’ve talked 

Archived