Zac Etheridge for DB Coach

Tony4AU

46 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

It's all coming together...just waiting on McLendon

Or Wyatt at WR. Still need DL & LB coaches too.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, DAG said:

Exactly so just saying I would just pay someone is shortsighted . If it were that easy, he probably would be here 

That makes too much sense . 

I don’t hate the hire, but I was really pumped to get T-Rob back. If we didn’t get T-Rob, I was hoping we could steal Ansley from Tennessee with the ship going down in Knoxville. 

Hopefully Ethridge is an up-and-coming coach that is on the way up. 

I see Mason working closely with Zach.. could be Zach is an up and coming diamond in the rough. 
He could give motivational speeches during spring practice “You are thinking about giving up cause this is hard? I broke my freakin neck...”

😬

1 minute ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I see Mason working closely with Zach.. could be Zach is an up and coming diamond in the rough. 
He could give motivational speeches during spring practice “You are thinking about giving up cause this is hard? I broke my freakin neck...”

😬

I really like this hire for all of the reasons stated. There will be mutual learning between him and Coach Mason. The Mentor providing his craft while the student shares his understanding as an Auburn player, student and Family Member.

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

No way to prove it, but I have actually been keeping tabs on him ever since he was a GA at Georgia Tech.  I remember the student managers for the football team telling me in 2009 and 2010 he was really good at coaching up the younger players.  

And apparently ol Ted Roof put in a good word for Zac to Mason as well.

12 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I feel like it falls right in line with the type of hires Gus made. Auburn Yes Men. Of course this is purely speculation. I am just tired of us making what seem to be lazy hires. I think CBH has done well so far on the staff. This doesn't feel good to me. He may be a great coach and a great recruiter and if hired I hope I eat crow. 

Noted. But this guy isn’t Gus. Harsin made it clear his aspiration is championships. Hiring a team captain of an AU national championship team aligns with that goal. Gus would have made this hire either immediately without considering other candidates, or after being turned down by others. Harsin is coming in with a distinct plan and making decisions based on his strategic vision. And for all we know, Mason requested ZE. Speaking of Mason, he had a ton of options right now. Same For Bobo. They chose Auburn, and they chose Harsin. Im going to trust this guy and reserve judgement until we see the on field product.  War Eagle 🦅 

ZE is one of my all-time favorites!  It’s extremely rare to come back from a broken neck to play football again.  He has a very inspiring story!   He’s a great dude, and from what I hear a rising star in coaching.   I think it’s a great fit!

War Eagle and Welcome Home Zac!!!!

22 minutes ago, dilligas said:

Jeff Schmedding will coach LBs.

There has been nothing official that I've seen that he's been hired. Or...have I missed something?

18 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

There has been nothing official that I've seen that he's been hired. Or...have I missed something?

I had assumed he was hired after reading about it on numerous articles and posts, but I too have not seen anything official so maybe the job is still open.  I hope so for the chance that T-Will might have to be retained.

1 hour ago, dilligas said:

I had assumed he was hired after reading about it on numerous articles and posts, but I too have not seen anything official so maybe the job is still open.  I hope so for the chance that T-Will might have to be retained.

My assumption is that he'll be on the staff, but his position is flexible until we get some other pieces nailed down...maybe Twill or Pogue?

He did a good job at Houston. This seems like a recruiting hire though and they expect him to put in the hard work to bring in talent. They know recruiting is going to be the beginning. I expect Zac to do great things and pull in guys. He will learn alot from Mason and he's played the game and knows what it takes 

i love the hire myself. and folks have not mentioned it in this thread but i thought people were saying he really did not want to come back to auburn whatever the reason. boom as well. maybe it was because of gus. i know they took personal delight in beating us this year and had their own little celebration on their field after the game. maybe i am wrong and it just looks that way to me. if so someone feel free to straighten me out. but i will be damned if i would hire a coach that seems to act like our university is a joke.

19 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i love the hire myself. and folks have not mentioned it in this thread but i thought people were saying he really did not want to come back to auburn whatever the reason. boom as well. maybe it was because of gus. i know they took personal delight in beating us this year and had their own little celebration on their field after the game. maybe i am wrong and it just looks that way to me. if so someone feel free to straighten me out. but i will be damned if i would hire a coach that seems to act like our university is a joke.

You may be thinking of TRob

Archived