BO and TJ

aubiefifty

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Should have been 6 months spent making Bo throw to a target with his back foot tied to the ground.

I mean, I saw him do this in the spring.  So he's improving.  Bobo and Harsin coaching him well.

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I mean, I saw him do this in the spring.  So he's improving.  Bobo and Harsin coaching him well.

It's not hard with an Orange Jersey, but I agree his footwork did look better in the Spring. 

Edited by Tigerpro2a

16 minutes ago, metafour said:

There are major problems with him that have nothing to do with "Malzahn's offense" - such as countless examples of him missing wide open receivers. Throwing screen passes that end up at the receiver's feet. Having no sense of the pocket and escaping which eliminates certain routes entirely by cutting the field in half. These are bad bad bad. Yes the offense he was in stunted him and probably forged or elevated some of these issues, but even QB's who play on bad offenses are expected to hit receivers when they are open. He has not shown any sense of good accuracy. 

The reality is that this is what he is at this point. You can try to fix as much as you can mechanically and improve the scheme/routes, but I don't believe that Harsin is going to spend a lot of time "waiting" to see if the light is going to turn on for Bo. A lot of these issues never get for quarterbacks. 

I understand your opinion and assume we will see how it comes out if he is given the chance ( which he may not get if Harsin sees a better option in his opinion). I also remember most saying AU should move on from Campbell in his day ( me being one of those) but he played well in a new offense in his last year. my emphasis is on the new OC and offense/ or the light coming on helping him.

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

It's not hard with an Orange Jersey, but I agree his footwork did look better in the Spring. 

Right, so nothing he does will change anyone's mind.  We've established that. 🤣

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I do believe the orange jersey helped him look better, it also made DD look different that many are raving about his performance. The truth is WE won’t know till they play (I also have extreme confidence that Harsin/Bobo will have a much better educated guess at the potential of each QB options they have and will make the best move for AU rather than individuals, no matter who it effects.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

@Tigerpro2a At this point I would just ignore this guy. He clearly doesn't want to have a discussion.

I'm not sure what I'm not discussing.

Everyone:  Bo is awful, isn't going to get better any time soon, Harsin likes a different type of QB, this Fr from LSU is drastically better and will win the job day 1.

Me: I think Bo will get better, countless QBs do.  He's had the worst possible coaching ever & has gotten elite coaching the 1st time in his life.  The transfer will be behind the 8-ball needing to learn the offense, was actually just as bad as Bo (on a better team and better offense) and other QBs did well when they replaced him.

Those are the 2 sides.  New people make comments and I respond and share an opinion.  Nothing I'm saying is troll level or in bad faith.  I disagree with you & bring up points that contradict your views.  I'm not sure that is ignore worthy, but if you want to live in a bubble that's fine.

Don't worry tho, if Finely wins the job and starts Day 1 I will not hide.  I'll accept that I was wrong.  

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I do believe the orange jersey helped him look better, it also made DD look different that many are raving about his performance. The truth is WE won’t know till they play (I also have extreme confidence that Harsin/Bobo will have a much better educated guess at the potential of each QB options they have and will make the best move for AU rather than individuals, no matter who it effects.

giphy.gif

Just now, Hank2020 said:

I don't think Harsin/Bobo will play favorites.  If we were in massive trouble, they'd be targeting grad transfer type QBs who were good and have a lot of experience if they wanted someone to take over Day 1.  Not a Tr Fr that wasn't good at LSU.  He's the QB of the future (or battling with DD) , not this year.  We have zero depth at QB right now.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

giphy.gif

lmao.  I find it funny you think to know what Harsin's intentions are wrt a transfer QB.  How is your opinion any more correct than mine?

You think it is to replace Bo.  I think it is for the future bc we have no depth.  But somehow you're right, yet we don't know.

Major respect to both DAG and WED on this thread...still going strong.

Just when I thought this topic was maybe a 2 post exchange..."I think TJ is being recruited to start." "I think TJ is being recruited to build depth" you guys go and prove there is so much more depth to this conversation.

Edit...now that I breeze through the thread I see these 2 had some help...way to go guys.

Edited by AUDevil

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I understand your opinion and assume we will see how it comes out if he is given the chance ( which he may not get if Harsin sees a better option in his opinion). I also remember most saying AU should move on from Campbell in his day ( me being one of those) but he played well in a new offense in his last year. my emphasis is on the new OC and offense/ or the light coming on helping him.

Yes Many said that about Campbell, but I don't recall Campbell having the issues Bo has as far as Footwork, Pocket Awareness, and such. 

I think Bo's mental clock is broken and I think that is biggest issue he has even more than the horrible footwork he has shown. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Are you kidding me with this crap? 

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Just when I thought this topic was maybe a 2 post exchange..."I think TJ is being recruited to start." "I think TJ is being recruited to build depth" you guys go and prove there is so much more depth to this conversation.

@DAGacting like he can quit me...

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yes Many said that about Campbell, but I don't recall Campbell having the issues Bo has as far as Footwork, Pocket Awareness, and such. 

I think Bo's mental clock is broken and I think that is biggest issue he has even more than the horrible footwork he has shown. 

I don’t remember all about Campbell but do believe he had a long wind up which may have made him look late sometimes. I also don’t remember him being very accurate but that was a long time ago so may be completely off base.

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Are you kidding me with this crap? 

I mean I posted about Bo looking better & the response was "Doesn't matter"

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Isn’t bo nix a “dual threat QB” ?

The only two threats he poses most of the time are overthrowing Olympic sprinters and running for his life before forcing an ill-advised pass. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Edit...now that I breeze through the thread I see these 2 had some help...way to go guys.

I never understand the stuff you post man lol. May I ask aren't you a youth pastor or something to that extent?

Edited by DAG

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I never understand the stuff you post man lol.

I believe he's saying we're doing a good job of s*** posting and continue to say the same thing differently 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

I never understand the stuff you post man lol. May I ask aren't you a youth pastor or something to that extent?

Just a sideline critic.  Not a youth pastor, although I've gotten that a few times...I'm an architect.

23 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

One thing you will see about T.J. is he does show glimpses of standing tall in the pocket even when it breaks down.

• Like 2

A little more highlights. For a freshman he has some nice intermediate passes within those tight spots of zone coverage. 

I never understood why people that aren't offering anything in the conversation having a problem with a few people that are having a debate.....

It's you can't stand the fact that attention isn't on you so let's make a joke or have a problem with the other guys, or my favorite I came in to get an update but it's the same people.....That's super lame to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1