BO and TJ

aubiefifty

22 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Personally I don’t think TJ Finley could tie Bo Nix’s shoes.  Bo Nix is Auburn’s starting QB until he goes pro or runs out of eligibility.  If Auburn’s passing game struggles out of the gates it’ll be the WRs not knowing what’s going on more than anything Bo is doing. 

Bo, is that you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

My assumption Is this what our coaches see and with a little more coaching up, working on the little things, the sky is the limit. 

This is exactly my argument that went 12 pages. 😀

I’m having deja vu for some reason on this thread?

Edited by toddc
  • Haha 2

No clue if anyone in the recruiting one has brought this up.  Anyone concerned that Finley was QB3 at LSU after spring? Are Brennan and Johnson better than Nix??

13 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

No clue if anyone in the recruiting one has brought this up.  Anyone concerned that Finley was QB3 at LSU after spring? Are Brennan and Johnson better than Nix??

Probably 

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

This is exactly my argument that went 12 pages. 😀

LMAO, This is not remotely close to what made that thread go 12 pages. Your argument was all over the place. 

From TJ's recruiting thread---

Tiger Pro- "Obviously Coach Harsin sees something there that he likes and believes he can work with"

W.E.D- " I mean this is a bit absurd. You automatically assume that he's going to take over for Bo. The more realistic Person, me, assumes he will be good in the long run. "

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

LMAO, This is not remotely close to what made that thread go 12 pages. Your argument was all over the place. 

From TJ's recruiting thread---

Tiger Pro- "Obviously Coach Harsin sees something there that he likes and believes he can work with"

W.E.D- " I mean this is a bit absurd. You automatically assume that he's going to take over for Bo. The more realistic Person, me, assumes he will be good in the long run. "

That was wrt starting. Sure, Harsin probably agrees with me that he has a lot of talent, needs to be developed and will be a good QB and maybe compete for the job with DD in 23

34 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Sure, Harsin probably agrees with me that he has a lot of talent, needs to be developed and will be a good QB and maybe compete for the job with DD in 23

Whatever you need to tell yourself. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

needs to be developed and will be a good QB and maybe compete for the job with DD in 23

And my post on this thread had to do with him starting from day 1. So, no we did not nor do we convey the same message. I am starting to think you are a burner account. Harsin agrees with you? lol 

• Haha 1

Bo vs. TJ is fine, but where the argument is really at is Bo vs. Seth Williams...

Too soon to restart that?  :bananadance:

• Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, DAG said:

And my post on this thread had to do with him starting from day 1.

So you think he starts Day 1?  The other thread I thought you said he wouldn't.

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So you think he starts Day 1?  The other thread I thought you said he wouldn't.

Where did I say I didn’t think he would start . My whole point was the only reason he is coming here is because he believe he can be a starter, the coaching staff believes he can be a starter and I think he has potential to start here based on what we have which isn’t much 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

Where did I say I didn’t think he would start . My whole point was the only reason he is coming here is because he believe he can be a starter, the coaching staff believes he can be a starter and I think he has potential to start here based on what we have which isn’t much 

That was a question to you, not a statement you said.  What I quoted was "And my post on this thread had to do with him starting from day 1.".....this is where I had a question.  I didn't think you thought he would start day 1.

Do you think our staff thinks he can be a starter day 1 or at some point here?  If day 1, why?  

23 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

That was a question to you, not a statement you said.  What I quoted was "And my post on this thread had to do with him starting from day 1.".....this is where I had a question.  I didn't think you thought he would start day 1.

Do you think our staff thinks he can be a starter day 1 or at some point here?  If day 1, why?  

Yes! How you did not think this in my previous posts is beyond me, man.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes! How you did not think this in my previous posts is beyond me, man.

idk...

so, why do you think our staff thinks he can start day 1?  Seems like we're going to bring in a few players, all Tr Sophs.  Do we expect the DE from Kansas to be a starter day 1?  The LB transfer from TAMU will be a starter day 1?  Central Mich RB, also a day 1 starter?

22 hours ago, W.E.D said:

idk...

so, why do you think our staff thinks he can start day 1?  Seems like we're going to bring in a few players, all Tr Sophs.  Do we expect the DE from Kansas to be a starter day 1?  The LB transfer from TAMU will be a starter day 1?  Central Mich RB, also a day 1 starter?

I’ve already addressed the CMU rb. This is how I know you don’t even read the posts and that seems more of the problem. We have a foresure #1 at RB. I am sure that has been explained to him which is why we haven’t seen some of the quotes we have seen from TJ. That doesn’t mean he shouldn’t step on the field and compete to be #1.

now T.J.

1. I believe he has much higher upside as a passer than Bo. I believe he throws a better intermediate and deep ball than him

2. I believe he is a preference guy for this staff 

3. He is green but young and the mistakes he has made can be corrected with coaching and more experience 

4. we don’t have that guy at QB, although I know a number of you guys want to believe that. I am not so sure the coaching staff does.

Do I think he starts day 1? I think he has a good shot with what we currently have on the roster, which is why I hope he comes and compete.

Edited by DAG
Misspelling of words

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I’ve already addressed the CMU rb. This is how I know you don’t even read the posts and that seems more of the problem. We have a foresure #1 at RB. I am sure that has been explained to him which is why we haven’t seen some of the quotes we have seen from TJ. That doesn’t mean he shouldn’t step on the field and compete to be #1.

now T.J.

1. I believe he has much higher upside as a passer than Bo. I believe he throws a better intermediate and deep ball than him

2. I believe he is a preference guy for this staff 

3. He is green but young and the mistakes he has made can be corrected with coaching and more experience 

4. we don’t have that guy at QB, although I know a number of you guys want to believe that. I am not so sure the coaching staff does.

So it sounds like you think he can be the starter day 1.  You seems to constantly heavily argue for it, but just don't want to say it.  I agree with alot of what you say about Finely.  He'll be a good QB for us in 22 or beyond

I'm not sure I buy the "The coaches believe he can be the starter".  We constantly recruit players for depth and the future.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

So it sounds like you think he can be the starter day 1.  You seems to constantly heavily argue for it, but just don't want to say it.  I agree with alot of what you say about Finely.  He'll be a good QB for us in 22 or beyond

I'm not sure I buy the "The coaches believe he can be the starter".  We constantly recruit players for depth and the future.

I said I believe he can be a starter from day 1 . You said he is a depth guy. That’s where the argument was and continues to be. It’s not Rocket science. If you can’t comprehend that then it’s no longer my issue to keep repeating myself over and over again. 

33 minutes ago, DAG said:

I said I believe he can be a starter from day 1 . You said he is a depth guy. That’s where the argument was and continues to be. It’s not Rocket science. If you can’t comprehend that then it’s no longer my issue to keep repeating myself over and over again. 

Ok, we'll see if he's the day one starter.  I assume this thread will be one that carries through the season

44 minutes ago, DAG said:

You said he is a depth guy

And just a note on this, for clarification. This isn't a knock on him or his abilities.  I think he has a lot of talent and can be a very good QB in the future.  Just wanted that to be clarified.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

The man said it 3 times on this one page alone. 

#READINGISHARD

• Haha 2