Thankful we got Harsin when we did

Zeek

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Seeing the Clay Helton firing and honestly Harsin would have been perfect for USC. 

Maybe he doesn't pan out but I've been impressed and pleased. 

So, think they give Joey Fresh another chance?

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Seeing the Clay Helton firing and honestly Harsin would have been perfect for USC. 

Pete Carroll (83-18) really spoiled those folks in SoCal.

• Like 2

Very true! I was hoping Mike Norvell would still be at Memphis whenever we got around to firing Gus. Fortunately for us, FSU picked him up. Harsin has come in and cleaned house at AU. Norvell has tried to work with the players he was dealt at FSU and is still having internal problems. Glad we got CBH and not CMN.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, AUwent said:

So, think they give Joey Fresh another chance?

My understanding is mister fresh water leaves places in a pretty crappy way. Think they'll aim for an outside guy sort of approach. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Whoa. They pulled the trigger pretty quickly on the season, didn't they?

not really. he has been on the hot seat a couple of years at least that i know of. very subpar seasons. and i hate it because he was an auburn guy. but it is what it is.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Luke Fickell. The current AD hired him at Cincy. 

Don't think Luke ever leaves Ohio based on his jobs and now Cincinnati is moving to a P5.

Hugh Freeze was mentioned but if I'm UCF I wouldn't touch that drama with a 12 foot poll.

They need a hard ass outsider like Harsin. Major culture problem there. 

38 minutes ago, Zeek said:

My understanding is mister fresh water leaves places in a pretty crappy way. Think they'll aim for an outside guy sort of approach. 

Also the whole thing with them firing Kiffin on the tarmac and not letting him fly home on the team plane...

Curious if Hars would've wanted to live in LA. I'm sure maybe for the right price, and he did have recruiting connections all around there. But also I don't think it's an accident that he would up in a town like Auburn. He might've also seen which way the wind was blowing with conference alignment and such. 

But you're right. Glad we got our guy and aren't stressing a bidding war for him or whoever else they go after.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Yeah I see him being a perfect fit here! Even with some losses this year he will be what we want for a coach . that can handle Kirby and such in the future.

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Not sure what the Bob Stoops returning to coaching obsession is.

37 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Missing Gus already, I see…

I remember the insane rumors of the NFL wanting Gus after 2013. We knew they weren't true, but the thought of losing him after 2013 was causing some anxious moments for some.

Point is...we don't know if we have a perennial 10-11 win HC or another HC that hits it big one season, then falls back to "solid" seasons.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Ikr.  It's become the annual cliche' of college football.

He's honestly a little overrated too. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Whoa. They pulled the trigger pretty quickly on the season, didn't they?

Why wait? They have talent. He clearly is not getting the job done. Southern Cal needs someone who is obsessed with recruiting. This is easier said than done but they have to get the best players out of California and those QB’s out of Hawaii imo. 

Another reason they pulled the plug is because UCLA might be improving more than expected. Have to keep up. As a CFB fan I would LOVE to see a UCLA/USC game mean something. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

My my, arent we gleeful after Akron and Bama state!

This dude is over here sweating LOL.

Post upvoted by AUwent, the other blatant Gus altar-boy who is just fuming that we haven't "turned into Tennessee" after letting the last guy go.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1