Thankful we got Harsin when we did

Zeek

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

If it was last offseason, they’d have Urban right now even if Harsin was available 

we’ll see how it actually plays out though

I’ve already seen things saying Urban isn’t happy in Jacksonville and wants USC.  He’d be perfect for that job.  USC, Texas/A&M now, and one of the Florida schools should be cleaning house every year with the talent within each state.  With the NIL stuff USC should be all that more dangerous.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I’ve already seen things saying Urban isn’t happy in Jacksonville and wants USC.  He’d be perfect for that job.  USC, Texas/A&M now, and one of the Florida schools should be cleaning house every year with the talent within each state.  With the NIL stuff USC should be all that more dangerous.

Urban struggling to succeed when he doesn't get the best talent by a landslide? Imagine that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Viper said:

I remember the insane rumors of the NFL wanting Gus after 2013. We knew they weren't true, but the thought of losing him after 2013 was causing some anxious moments for some.

Point is...we don't know if we have a perennial 10-11 win HC or another HC that hits it big one season, then falls back to "solid" seasons.

No disagreement there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

He’s Gruden 2.0

I don't know if that is a good thing or not. Gruden has done well at times, but been very inconsistent overall...

Harsin definitely works out more than Gruden(Chucky has gotten chunky lately) :)

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Yup. I've still got 2023 circled as the year when we'll have a better idea of which kind Harsin really is.

But damn if he hasn't already shown that he's more capable of and committed to building sustainable success than the last guy. 

I still remember Bo’s speech after the 2013 IB. No, not Bo Nix. THE Bo. 

Praised Gus like he was Pat Dye 2.0. 

Not even Bo knows.

• Haha 7
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Bo has admitted that he rarely watches football anymore.  All respect to what he has done for AU, but he should never be around a coaching search.

Agreed. 

After the 2013 IB, he told the players in the locker room that “Gus had one of the greatest f’n minds” and that “he worked y’alls azzes into shape.”

Love Bo, but yes, stay away from coaching searches. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I don't know if that is a good thing or not. Gruden has done well at times, but been very inconsistent overall...

Harsin definitely works out more than Gruden(Chucky has gotten chunky lately) :)

Just in him being named everytime a coach is fired. 

• Like 1

I would imagine Luke Fickell has a pretty nice spot at Cincy, even more so with their move to Big 12. At least Cincy seems a lot less stressful than USC. I guess coaches have bolted for lesser reasons and he does have the relationship with USC AD, but I see Luke in a Dabo-type of situation. 

4 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Fickell would be a good hire, but, and seeing as how Luke wouldn't leave until the end of the season, they SHOULD be doing this, they'll be accosted for years if they don't do their due dilligence and give Urban a call. 

15 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I wonder if Napier would have any interest in USC?  I heard Bill Clark already turned them down.

Hahahahahahaha . Man that really pissed  me off during the AU search. Nobody offered Clark . Period …  great post lol

Edited by JDUBB4AU
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I wonder if Napier would have any interest in USC?  I heard Bill Clark already turned them down.

Bill Clark was never a serious candidate for the Trojans, bc of all his mean-spirited recruiting against them when he coached HS out in SoCal.

Finebaum threw out the name Mario Cristobal as a viable candidate for USC but I disagree. Mario is recruiting well at Oregon, especially in Southern California, and they have a direct tap to Nike money. USC is not a better gig vs. UO but I can see why traditionalist would seek USC. However, the college athletic landscape has changed and several successful coaches appear to be rethinking jumping from high paying, less stressful, and successful gigs vs. accepting certain blue bloods that are unrealistic pressure cookers. Can't say that I blame them. 

I imagine Frost is wishing he never went to NU. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If Franklin messes around too long this week and doesn't make time for that zoom interview, this will slip through his fingers and he'll always wonder, "what if." Mmmmmm, soCal weather. Or another year of road salt and damp, bone chilling cold.

13 hours ago, metafour said:

This dude is over here sweating LOL.

Post upvoted by AUwent, the other blatant Gus altar-boy who is just fuming that we haven't "turned into Tennessee" after letting the last guy go.

No love for Gus, I just hear over and over again how tough our schedule is and realize that that's how our schedule is going to be for probably the following three years, hopefully we get some relief in the form of a pod schedule. Also as it stands we still have plenty of work to be done in recruiting, though it's entirely doable.

Edited by AUwent

12 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

All of these are USC coaching possibilities? Which one of these guys coached at Boise State or maybe Buffalo?

12 hours ago, ValleyTiger said:

If Cristobal leaves Oregon it will be for the SEC.

• Like 1

The MODs did a job zapping the Penn State guys, but I truly wish they would get rid of a couple posters clearly agitated by the hiring of CBH. IMO, they are worse than the Penn State guys. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2