Upsets Abound in 21

Old fan 47

Well KSU is hanging w OK. Stanford is beating Oregon. Bama is destroying OM, not an upset but not a score I expected this early. GA made Arky look really bad and did nothing but run the ball by controlling the line of scrimmage. I read where Nix will start. Maybe in this wild Saturday he balls out and we snap a pathetic streak. Just for fun, App State is destroying GaState. What a short strange trip it’s been so far. Let’s help get Ed run out of Baton Rouge. WDE!! 

• Sad 1

Auburn won’t sniff an upset this year, unfortunately.

A win tonight won’t be an upset, IMO.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Well I completely disagree. LSU is favored. We have not won there in two decades. It is a night game. We had to beat Georgia freaking state on a fourth down play at the end of the game last week. There is a quarterback controversy on the team. We fired a coach this week after four weeks.

I would say if we won tonight, it would be an upset. Can we do it? Yes. But all of the times that we had the better teams before, we didn’t do it. And right now we do not have the better team.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Well I completely disagree. LSU is favored. We have not won there in two decades. It is a night game. We had to beat Georgia freaking state on a fourth down play at the end of the game last week. There is a quarterback controversy on the team. We fired a coach this week after four weeks.

I would say if we won tonight, it would be an upset. Can we do it? Yes. But all of the times that we had the better teams before, we didn’t do it. And right now we do not have the better team.

I suppose if a ranked team beating a mediocre, unranked team is an upset, it pretty much is a loss-loss for the winner as the state of a program goes. It’s where we are..

36 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Auburn won’t sniff an upset this year, unfortunately.

Until we win in death valley, any win there will be an upset.  Until last week, thought we were the better team. We'll see. 

• Like 1

I don't think tonight would be an upset but the whole day is giving me bad vibes. I thought I would be watching football for 12 hours straight, but the games have been so sh*tty I have barely put in 30 minutes.  I think our games with Alabama and Georgia are going to be painful - historically paintful. If we don't win tonight we probably are looking at 0-8 SEC. 

Edited by wareagle7298

14 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Are we the underdog? Then if we win on their home field it would be considered an upset. IMO

We’re the higher ranked team AND the underdog…pick your poison in deciding whether a win is an upset. 

52 minutes ago, wareagle7298 said:

I don't think tonight would be an upset but the whole day is giving me bad vibes. I thought I would be watching football for 12 hours straight, but the games have been so sh*tty I have barely put in 30 minutes.  I think our games with Alabama and Georgia are going to be painful - historically paintful. If we don't win tonight we probably are looking at 0-8 SEC. 

I do think Ga showed a lot of people how to beat Arky and it was behind the running game. Ob our OL line is not GA’s but there is a blueprint to maybe beat them. If we do lose tonight, I think we are looking at 2-6 in SEC at best. Then we have to worry about recruiting, which this crew seems to be celebrating 3 star players. Yes there are diamonds in the rough every once in a while, but that will NEVER beat GA, BAMa or a few more teams. I believe Harsin gets 3 years. No need to waste 8 since Malzahn lost to a winless Navy team. 

• Facepalm 1

Man…it’s really crazy how we are the only team in the nation that has their rival contend for the national championship every year and is also the best program in history. 

13 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Man…it’s really crazy how we are the only team in the nation that has their rival contend for the national championship every year and is also the best program in history. 

That seems to be AU. Always lagging behind in everything. And lately, it’s been two of our rivals in the mix contending and one will win it all this year. 

• Sad 1

Well Oregon loss so you got one of your upsets. Mario C. steady losing games to teams he has no business losing to.

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well Oregon loss so you got one of your upsets. Mario C. steady losing games to teams he has no business losing to.

Only UGA and Bama look like teams to fear. FLA may win but they are struggling w KY right now and same with Tamu and Miss St. If Arky really is or was the 8th or 10th best team in country, then damn, they were shutout by Ga and their backup QB. We can all agree to disagree on certain aspects of the game, team, season, etc. but if we manage to pull one out in BR tonight, anything may be possible and I don’t mean AU challenging for the West, but we could finish 4-4 giving us 7 wins.