Departures and Additions 2021-22 Postseason

Zeek

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Plus weed is legal there right?

He better not piss hot if he wants PT.  Legal in Cali, not legal in the eyes of the NCAA. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, JerryAU said:

He better not piss hot if he wants PT.  Legal in Cali, not legal in the eyes of the NCAA. 

Tell us in depth about the NCAA drug tests.

14 hours ago, mb711 said:

Tell us in depth about the NCAA drug tests.

I don't have in depth knowledge about NCAA drug tests.  I do know that the NCAA drug tests do not allow weed regardless of what each State in the country legalizes it. :dunno:

Edited by JerryAU

1 hour ago, Tony4AU said:

Marquis Robinson to portal per On3

Are we still “trimming the fat”?

• Haha 1

Our DL has definitely took a hit depth wise, but most were non contributors anyways. JJ Pegues was a tough one. I think Robertson could have gotten some reps, but most that left weren't going to be on the 2 deep anyways.

• Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, CR said:

We're pretty damn cut right now.  No body fat

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CR said:

We've got 9-10 recruiting slots available and only 5-6 roster slots with which to fill them. I don't know how many of those 9-10 Harsin actually wants to use but if he wants to use all of them, then yeah, there's more fat to trim. 

No clue if Robinson qualifies as such. It is worth pointing out that this came very soon after we hired the new DL coach, just like it was worth pointing out that 3 OLs announced they were staying on the same day Austin Davis made it to campus. May or may not mean anything, but just more variables to consider. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

We've got 9-10 recruiting slots available and only 5-6 roster slots with which to fill them. I don't know how many of those 9-10 Harsin actually wants to use but if he wants to use all of them, then yeah, there's more fat to trim. 

No clue if Robinson qualifies as such. It is worth pointing out that this came very soon after we hired the new DL coach, just like it was worth pointing out that 3 OLs announced they were staying on the same day Austin Davis made it to campus. May or may not mean anything, but just more variables to consider. 

I think we're getting pretty close to getting to 75.  Maybe 2 or 3 left.  I read Harsin wanted to keep Robinson

23 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I think we're getting pretty close to getting to 75.  Maybe 2 or 3 left.  I read Harsin wanted to keep Robinson

Wouldn’t surprise me to see him hit Clemson if they have room.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me to see him hit Clemson if they have room.

Clemson doesn't take transfers.

15 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Gotcha. Wasn’t aware of that. 

Some stupid line in the sand from Dabo.  I think they took a transfer QB this period, but he was a grad transfer that was originally at Clemson, then went to Northwestern I think.  So I guess he felt that was OK.  He's basically going to go into self imposed scholarship sanctions if he says with it.

31 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Some stupid line in the sand from Dabo.  I think they took a transfer QB this period, but he was a grad transfer that was originally at Clemson, then went to Northwestern I think.  So I guess he felt that was OK.  He's basically going to go into self imposed scholarship sanctions if he says with it.

I’m guessing this is an integrity thing for him?  Doesn’t want to be accused of tampering or recruiting other schools players?

I think what we are seeing here is it's hard to peach that military no fun type of football without success behind it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Same thing that happened after we hired Mason and Eason and still lost a ton of DL to the portal.

All have different reasons, but in the end, they just don't seem to want to work with the current DL coaches. 

I don't think it's that big a deal. Now if Harris wanted out again that would be super problem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

Same thing that happened after we hired Mason and Eason and still lost a ton of DL to the portal.

All have different reasons, but in the end, they just don't seem to want to work with the current DL coaches. 

I don't think it's that big a deal. Now if Harris wanted out again that would be super problem.

What DL did we lose when Mason and Eason was hired?

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Curious how many they lost to portal.

20 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I knew Truesdale and NewQuirk left after Gus was gone. Not sure if it was after they hired Mason though.

There might have been others but can't find the list...

25 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Big Kat is the only one I can think of.

2 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

I’m guessing this is an integrity thing for him?  Doesn’t want to be accused of tampering or recruiting other schools players?

Idk he always preaches some dumb crap and also is really against his players getting paid bc he was poor at one point so I guess everyone else can't make money.

It's some dumb morality crap that I don't get 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Curious how many they lost to portal.

They definitely had some, but I haven't seen them on any list of most players leaving.

I'm pretty sure they are low on numbers vs the 85

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Idk he always preaches some dumb crap and also is really against his players getting paid bc he was poor at one point so I guess everyone else can't make money.

It's some dumb morality crap that I don't get 

Excellent, I hope he sticks with that.

Excellent GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Excellent, I hope he sticks with that.

Excellent GIFs | Tenor

It will be interesting to see how they do this year. Definitely still have great players but almost completely different on both sides after major coaching changes. He had managed to keep stability for a long time before this year.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, W.E.D said:

We're pretty damn cut right now.  No body fat

Yeah. We are going to need bodies though. This isn’t Boise Idaho. If this is the plan, then I’ve never seen a coach come into a major program and deplete it this much. Here’s to hoping BH really knows what he’s doing, because any depth is disappearing quickly. I see 2022 being worse than 2021, but I’m just going from what I’ve seen transpire thus far. I really don’t think the Feb signing day is going to help us any. The main difference to me is, Bama and Ga can afford to lose “highly touted” players, but we can’t. SC looks to be way ahead of us now and thats not even worrying about the teams in our division. Don’t get all defensive over this post, as it’s just an opinion from the outside with no inside knowledge, but this team outside of the starters we had come back on D, looks worse than last year. Here’s to hoping that our O line returnees have the best year of their careers. 

• Like 2