Transfer Portal Targets/Commits (2022)

AUght2win

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Can't speak for everyone but I'm not going to say he's sucked so far because this cycle isn't over yet. If we get to summer camp without improvement then I will have no issue criticizing him accordingly. But it's still very possible that he is sticking to a plan that works. 

In my mind, it's not a thing where it sucks and then it doesn't. If we close the cycle with a good class, then we closed the cycle with a good class and there's not much of a takeaway other than he knew what he was doing all along. 

I get the fading optimism. I'm not without concern myself. But we really don't have to wait much longer for the three count. 

Fair enough. I desperately want some portal OL, but also think we need 4 or 5 HS kids. If we only have one or two by signing day, it's hard for me to see that as a plan that is working. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yeah. We need more transfer DB'S

We will have 9 scholarship CBs on the roster for '22. 5 are under classmen with 3 of those 5 being Freshmen. There are 4 upper classmen and DJ James will be one of the most senior and experienced of the group. We need this experience and leadership. This is why it was excellent news. Your point ?  

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

We will have 9 scholarship CBs on the roster for '22. 5 are under classmen with 3 of those 5 being Freshmen. There are 4 upper classmen and DJ James will be the most senior and experienced of the group. We need this experience and leadership. This is why it was excellent news. Your point ?  

And DJ was a starter at Oregon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Just saw 5star Bama LB Drew Sanders committed to Arky. He is going to be a stud next to their other veteran LB.

Yup. Came to post that.

Helluva pick up for Pittman when everyone said Oklahoma or Texas

15 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

We will have 9 scholarship CBs on the roster for '22. 5 are under classmen with 3 of those 5 being Freshmen. There are 4 upper classmen and DJ James will be the most senior and experienced of the group. We need this experience and leadership. This is why it was excellent news. Your point ?  

Exactly we just lost a first rounder in Roger can't have enough DB's in today football

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yeah. We need more transfer DB'S

I mean, we have a ton of other needs and a starting CB was one of them even if we're doing poorly in other areas

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Paladin said:

This will either manifest positively or he'll be gone quickly. Hope for the former 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Oh I don't know. Just would be nice to get another QB,OL or perhaps wide receiver.

5 hours ago, Paladin said:

forrest-gump-lieutenant-dan.gif

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Oh I don't know. Just would be nice to get another QB,OL or perhaps wide receiver.

I think everybody understands it's important that we add better talent to those 3 groups. It was also critical to get a leader with starting experience in the DB room. We got him. 

Edited by IronMan70