Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

Guest MustardSeed
1 hour ago, Taco said:

You do understand the NIL provision is illegal if you DIRECTLY talk about NIL

ex: Hey if you come to Auburn we’ll get you an NIL deal with Yellawood. Illegal for two reasons: they made a direct statement saying they’ll get an NIL deal, and Yellawood can’t participate because the owner is on our BoT (state law).

ex: Yeah players on our team have deals with Joe’s BBQ, and whatever else. They’re making on average of “insert amount here.” 

Indirect and fair. Remember when Saban during SEC media days saying Bryce Young had a $1mm NIL deal before even taking a snap? Yeah. Genius recruiting. 

So then you admit Harsin had nothing to do with it. Cool. 😂 Here’s the funny deal there. Young already had the deal for Saban to mention. Who has it for Harsin to mention?  No one. Because the PTB aren’t supporting him.  My entire point. Thanks. 

10 minutes ago, aublue88 said:

Here is my question since so many are ok for firing without cause if that turns out to be the case,  what happens with Zac Etheridge, Trovon Reed and Cadillac?  Will the new coach have total autonomy to hire his own staff?  If so, maybe they are not retained and good Auburn men who have worked harder than most will be let go.  There are many consequences to what is happening that is why I can't quite understand this giddiness of some AU people over firing CBH.  As a side note on recruiting, I really liked the Eagle call and stare when we got a recruit, hope we keep it.😁

Probably good shot's to be retained, but could absolutely be let go. New coach may only want one holdover, not three. But since it's late in the carousel that probably helps them hold on for at least this year. About time for the leaders to s*** or get off the pot on this one. The longer it plays out the worst, and there are people with careers and families in the dark

33 minutes ago, casatiger said:

Is it just me or were many of us defending Harsin just a couple weeks ago?   I know I was.   Now I am confused.  Now I feel the need to trash his recruiting (or lack of), talk about how much of a jerk he is, how he is a out of his league, etc....   This is very perplexing.    

This describes me exactly. 

Well, except it's not so emotional. He's failed as a coach- NSD confirmed that, in case prior issues hadn't- and he needs to go. I don't really care about the rest, other than being glad that we won't have to pay the (full) buyout this time. 

• Like 1

We’re in some poop. I believe there’s enormous congestion of elite or rising programs in our geographic recruiting base. We’re being starved.  Kirby basically locking down state of Ga has been especially devastating. Facilities will help but 4 and 5*’s will go where there is high program momentum. I don’t believe Steele, freeze, or most of the names I’m seeing can compete with the personal appeal/brand of Kirby, saban, or even kiffen. We’d  get their recruiting left overs.  IMO those names would guarantee that 2 years from now our game threads will explode again - we’re undisciplined, , not running enough, bad play calling, not imaginative -  same friggin rants. Groundhog Day.

Solve recruiting and everything else is an afterthought.

Understand and rethink the severity of problem. I believe we should go way outside our comfort zone for a big personality that can energize recruits, intrigue media, weaponize our fans, ect. Excitement that changes our current crappy, whacko narrative. 

Pearl is that type.. 

It’s why I find Deion intriguing.  The entire country would root for his success  But if not him exactly.- that sort of person. Grinding it out (or holding our nose) with the same tired names I see every year almost guarantees this thread again in 2-3 yrs. If that long.

I know most will disagree with this. Because we disagree on the scale of our current problem.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

We’re in some poop. I believe there’s enormous congestion of elite or rising programs in our geographic recruiting base. We’re being starved.  Kirby basically locking down state of Ga has been especially devastating. Faculties will help but 4 and 5*’s will go where there is high program momentum. I don’t believe Steele, freeze, or most of the names I’m seeing can compete with the personal appeal/brand of Kirby, saban, or even kiffen. We’d  get their recruiting left overs.  IMO those names would guarantee that 2 years from now our game threads will explode again - we’re undisciplined, , not running enough, bad play calling, not imaginative -  same friggin rants. Groundhog Day.

Solve recruiting and everything else is an afterthought.

Understand and rethink the severity of problem. I believe we should go way outside our comfort zone for a big personality that can energize recruits, intrigue media, wraponize our fans, ect. Excitement that changes our current crappy, whacko narrative. 

Pearl is that type.. 

It’s why I find Deion intriguing.  The entire country would root for his success  But if not him exactly.- that sort of person. Grinding it out (or holding our nose) with the same tired names I see every year almost guarantees this thread again in 2-3 yrs. If that long.

I know most will disagree with this. Because we disagree on the scale of our current problem.

If Harsin really upset the money men by not kissing their butts, do you really think a guy like Coach Prime would ever do that. I can’t imagine another human more less likely to do that than Deion.

Edited by wcware

29 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

This whole thing has snow balled out of control.

Actually, it seems to be very under control. Harsin's going to be gone and we're going to hire another coach. The only thing spinning out of control is the segment of the fan base that doesn't realize this needs to happen. 

I kept ignoring all the warning signs, too, until Mason left. I admire your ability to keep the faith even now, but I promise I've heard the full case for and against and it's clear the guy needs to go. 

Also, who cares about 2021? We're talking about where the program is going. I said that before the season, I said that immediately after the bowl game, and I'm saying it now. I know you've seen me say it, as many times as I've posted it and as much as you are also on here. 2021's Ws and Ls don't matter and they never did. What matters is where we're going and it's clearly not in the right direction under this guy. The why of it doesn't really matter. He doesn't make sense here anymore. 

Auburn's going to be fine. There isn't this big national focus on us that some of y'all imagine. Especially with everything else going on in sports. And one need not look any further than across the street to the arena to understand that Auburn sports in general is quite healthy and football is the outlier. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

So then you admit Harsin had nothing to do with it. Cool. 😂 Here’s the funny deal there. Young already had the deal for Saban to mention. Who has it for Harsin to mention?  No one. Because the PTB aren’t supporting him.  My entire point. Thanks. 

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I guess I have missed possible "racist actions" in all this. Can you elaborate......if not here in a PM?

We don't know what they potentially are.  Might not be any, but it's one thing that's being rumored.

Edited by W.E.D

Auburn boosters are already looking forward to the coaching search. Liberty coach Hugh Freeze, the Bruce Pearl of football, seems like the obvious pick given his track record of “whatever it takes” recruiting at Ole Miss.

Tipsheet: Auburn football plunges into turmoil as school probes Harsin | Jeff Gordon | stltoday.com

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Actually, it seems to be very under control. Harsin's going to be gone and we're going to hire another coach. The only thing spinning out of control is the segment of the fan base that doesn't realize this needs to happen. 

I kept ignoring all the warning signs, too, until Mason left. I admire your ability to keep the faith even now, but I promise I've heard the full case for and against and it's clear the guy needs to go. 

Also, who cares about 2021? We're talking about where the program is going. I said that before the season, I said that immediately after the bowl game, and I'm saying it now. I know you've seen me say it, as many times as I've posted it and as much as you are also on here. 2021's Ws and Ls don't matter and they never did. What matters is where we're going and it's clearly not in the right direction under this guy. The why of it doesn't really matter. He doesn't make sense here anymore. 

Auburn's going to be fine. There isn't this big national focus on us that some of y'all imagine. Especially with everything else going on in sports. And one need not look any further than across the street to the arena to understand that Auburn sports in general is quite healthy and football is the outlier. 

If football isn't healthy, then AU sports isn't healthy. 

55 minutes ago, casatiger said:

Is it just me or were many of us defending Harsin just a couple weeks ago?   I know I was.   Now I am confused.  Now I feel the need to trash his recruiting (or lack of), talk about how much of a jerk he is, how he is a out of his league, etc....   This is very perplexing.    

I think what you are seeing is up until a a week or so ago no one knew of the allegations of what was going on.  I think a lot of people are upset with the possibilities of this being true.  There were signs of this early on, but we weren't willing to listen because he was the change Auburn so desperately needed.  For example, passthebiscuits has been trying to tell us these things for months and not many were willing to listen.  Then all of the transfers, we just assumed they couldn't handle the tough love from Harsin, even though it came from the defensive side where they were originally coached by people like Rodney Garner who is known for tough love.  Then, Mason, one of the country's most respected defensive coaches, left and took a pay cut to be at another program.

There is a chance all of this could be completely false, a chance every single thing is true, but most likely somewhere in the middle.

I also think what you are seeing is people being so willing to react and pull the trigger because of what has happened under Malzahn's tenure.  It is kind of like when you go on a date with a girl (or boy) that just got out of a long/difficult relationship.  They are quicker to cut the strings or grill you with questions to look for a reason to not do another date so they don't get hurt again.  Auburn fans don't want to get hurt again so with these allegations, we are more willing to keep looking for a coach that doesn't give us relationship-anxiety.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, peashooter said:

If football isn't healthy, then AU sports isn't healthy. 

You're kind of misconstruing what I'm saying.

Let me put it another way. The other sports being in good shape points to this not being an Auburn problem. 

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

He was fired by Baylor.  I'm not sure we can hire him.  Especially on the heels of firing Harsin for possibly racist actions

He was hired & fired by Baylor in a span of 24 hours. It does make me wonder what happened

54 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What matters is where we're going and it's clearly not in the right direction under this guy.

How deep do you let the hole get before doing something?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if its been talked about but if so please forgive my post. I had a question though for all you legal beagles out there.  I saw two things that raised an eyebrow. First:

The law firm that is investigating Harsin is the Birmingham based firm Lightfoot, Franklin, & White. Elizabeth Huntley, who is a current member of the BoT at Auburn, is a senior attorney at the firm. 

Second:

Ron Burgess, Executive Vice President of Auburn,  who recently set up camp in the athletics department is also on the Board of Trustees of Great Southern Wood. Great Southern Wood is Jimmy Ranes company who also serves on Auburn BoT  and is one of it's biggest boosters.

To me this could be a case of conflicting interest and in some cases nepotism. This whole thing feels like a witch hunt and if Harsin is let go for cause do you feel this could come up if he were to fight this in court? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DyeCampAlum said:

I'm not in a place to say Harsin has failed or should be fired. I'm just concerned, where I was feeling pretty positive just a few weeks ago.

Me too...I was caught off guard we didn't offer Anez Cooper and he ended up at Miami and I think a kid out of Montgomery signed with Mizzou (both OL) which would have beefed up our numbers for development at least.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, provibe said:

I can’t understand anyone that hopes someone has done anything wrong especially cheating on his wife and family! You have taken this too far!

I do not "hope" CBH did anything wrong, especially with the other female being brought into this.  I still think we need to wait until the investigations are done.  I do hope that if he did it, there will be evidence beyond a reasonable doubt.  If there is reasonably strong evidence CBH should step down, but that may not be his personality type. AU would be better off to handle things as quietly as possible.  I know we have already gone way past that point, and I think CBH will make this as difficult as possible.  It is not going to be pretty, so let's hope it is quick.   

6 minutes ago, bootskii said:

Not sure if its been talked about but if so please forgive my post. I had a question though for all you legal beagles out there.  I saw two things that raised an eyebrow. First:

The law firm that is investigating Harsin is the Birmingham based firm Lightfoot, Franklin, & White. Elizabeth Huntley, who is a current member of the BoT at Auburn, is a senior attorney at the firm. 

Second:

Ron Burgess, Executive Vice President of Auburn,  who recently set up camp in the athletics department is also on the Board of Trustees of Great Southern Wood. Great Southern Wood is Jimmy Ranes company who also serves on Auburn BoT  and is one of it's biggest boosters.

To me this could be a case of conflicting interest and in some cases nepotism. This whole thing feels like a witch hunt and if Harsin is let go for cause do you feel this could come up if he were to fight this in court? 

I brought some of this up in a previous post earlier today. I'm more than convinced that it's all a giant coup. Add in the fact that the Governor appointed Yella Fella as her campaign manager, and it gets even sketchier. 

If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck....................

• Like 2

Football is nothing but a money game now.  Give Harsin at least one more season to see if he can develop the players that chose to come back but could have tried the NFL.  At some point, you have to stop catering to individual player egos and actually let the coach be a coach.  It's all so gross.

Edited by kennypowers
  • Dislike 1

21 minutes ago, auburnfaithful72 said:

Put it on other thread too but check this out.. 

ADB80F20-261F-4D6F-8279-FAB89B95064B.jpeg

Some have opined that this was a previously committed donation for the new facility.