Harsin Drama Megathread

TitanTiger

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Who's reports

Are you by chance related to a gentleman by the name of auwent? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Who's reports

I’m listening to Cole and McElroy and they  just announced there is a “massive speed bump” they are hearing in the potential release of Harsin. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, GreenTiger said:

I’m listening to Cole and McElroy and they  just announced there is a “massive speed bump” they are hearing in the potential release of Harsin. 

Damn checking account is overdrawn.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, GreenTiger said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148866ybgi4ds7y1uy4f84u

to the tune of 18 million type of massive ?

Guest MustardSeed
2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Well one way or another we will find out something today, so we got that going for us I guess. 

Heard that before 😂

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

Tubs did okay after jetgate. Undefeated if I remember correctly.

Tubs also had a stacked roster of NFL talent and a group of great coaches. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

Tubs did okay after jetgate. Undefeated if I remember correctly.

Yeah right... The era before social media.  

5 minutes ago, Dshep4au said:

How could he possibly be successful if he is retained?? 

I don't think he was ever going to be successful here. I think HE thinks he's a better coach than he is. I wish we would have just let it play out naturally, but if they retain him... there has never been a more JABA episode in Auburn history. Forgot the Tennessee plan, we'd be the best example of an athletic program committing suicide ever seen. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Heard that before 😂

Yeah well with the SEC coaches meeting tomorrow, we will definitely know something  today, because somebody has gotta go represent us lol. 

5 minutes ago, wcware said:

I am trying to hold any judgment of the university until tomorrow. I am finding it very hard to remain patient. The longer this goes on, the more likely it is that Harsin is retained. If you want to fire him, Just DO It and pay the man. Do it quietly and move on. I’m not sure how anyone can say that this has been handled properly. The longer it goes on, the more it looks like all of the “PTB conspiracy theorists” were right from the beginning. The perception now is that they just don’t want to stroke the check. This is exactly why buyout clauses are in contracts. It’s to discourage knee jerk reactions and firing coaches in only one year. Seems to be working as intended.

The longer this goes on, the more the coup is legitimized. Moneymen can't nail anything down and want to smear Harsin's name so bad that they can't stand it. Form everything we've seen with the current roster, they are rallying around him and the chip on their shoulder going into this fall with be enormous. CFB watch out. They're coming. 

• Haha 4

Just now, boddagetta09 said:

The longer this goes on, the more the coup is legitimized. Moneymen can't nail anything down and want to smear Harsin's name so bad that they can't stand it. Form everything we've seen with the current roster, they are rallying around him and the chip on their shoulder going into this fall with be enormous. CFB watch out. They're coming. 

I didn’t say all that. 

• Haha 1

Yep.  That’s the issue.   They can’t find just cause to fire him.   And the donors just paid a ton of money to get rid of Gus (still paying).   So, that well is too dry to fork out another 18mil.  
This nightmare scenario will cost AU far more than 18mil.   We have managed to take our struggling program and set it on fire, throw it in a dumpster, and throw that dumpster into an oozing sea of highly flammable toxic waste.   Vandy is excited about the prospects of becoming the 13th most relevant football program in the conference.   (15th once Texas and OU join)🤦‍♂️😫😭😢😵

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, boddagetta09 said:

If they had uh, come a little bit sooner he wouldn’t be in this situation. We got no major roster changes to suggest anyone is gonna be defending his honor any harder than last season.

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Yeah well with the SEC coaches meeting tomorrow, we will definitely know something  today, because somebody has gotta go represent us lol. 

I’ve seen  “we will hear something in the next 24 hours” for the last 96 hours haha. But I am sure CBH will be meeting with the president today. Boy would I like to be a fly on the wall for that . 

Edited by DAG

Just now, wcware said:

I didn’t say all that. 

Lol. I mean, I know YOU didn't; it's just my honest feelings about the situation. Money talks and bull**** walks. They can't find the dirt they want to fire with cause, so they're not going to write the check. That's the manure walking. I can smell it. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I’ve seen  “we will hear something in the next 24 hours” for the last 96 hours haha. But I am sure CBH will be meeting with the president today. Boy would I like to be a fly on the wall for that . 

Oh I wasn't saying that because of the rumors I'm just using my judgement because of the meeting tomorrow 🤣 

Same I would wish for someone to record it if possible then leak it, it won't happen but it's my wish lol