March Madness 2022

AUBwins

1 minute ago, e808 said:

To me there was never any doubt how the game would go. Arky dictated everything 

Agreed.  Didn't have to see much to see how Arky was matching up and dictating the pace.  I was afraid they would mess up their rhythm at the end just sitting on it, but they maintained their patience mostly. 

• Love 1

I thought Muss would be a great get for Arky.  I only dislike him now because of his arrogance but he's a dang good coach. 2 elite 8s and knocking off the top overall seed in his 100th game as Ark coach, that's after beating a #1AP team earlier in the year. 

I didn't think Arky could beat a good team if Nolte had a bad night shooting. He definitely had a bad night shooting!

The #1 seeds keep falling...

If Providence can beat Kansas, there won't even be a 1 seed in the Elite 8. That would be a first since seeding began in 1979.

I think St. Peter's will meet the same fate as the other two #15s to make the Sweet 16, but if they could knock off Purdue, what a story that would make for Sunday.

We'd had a hard time beating any of the teams that won in the first 2 games....I know everyone is jumping on the St. Peter's wagon, but if you watch their offense, there's a lot of ball movement and guys running around to create space...we had too much of a tendency of standing around and pounding the ball without creating anything positive...

Guards that impose their will on the opponent is the common theme of the elite eight teams.  There have been dominant performances from guards.  Hit three pointers in the high 30's from a % standpoint and 80% free throw shooting.  

• Like 1

Watching Miami game tonight - if we played them again, same result. They play at a higher gear (playing only 7 players). Next year we must have more pace and spacing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tigerman1186 said:

We'd had a hard time beating any of the teams that won in the first 2 games....I know everyone is jumping on the St. Peter's wagon, but if you watch their offense, there's a lot of ball movement and guys running around to create space...we had too much of a tendency of standing around and pounding the ball without creating anything positive...

Yea all of these teams have substance to their offense. A lot of sets and high IQ ball is being played.

Looks like I'm alone in here tonight so far...oh well...

Arky leading 9-6 early.

Duke now leading 16-14.  Arky will win.

But in the mean time, I'm as lonely as a Maytag repairman in here.  Where is everybody?

I love coach K.  But I hope his team gets beat bad tonight.

Banchero was gifted with a foul call when there was no foul.  Shooting two.

• Like 1

Duke ahead by 6.  Let's go Arky.  Pick it up.

Arky just shot an air ball.

Arky cold from the perimeter.  But drew an offensive foul.  Coach K in disbelief.