*Official Auburn vs. Georgia Game Thread*

abw0004

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Seeing this team continue to try really makes you realize how bad a situation 2012 was. There is nothing I have seen from this team remotely comparable to 2012

Good defense with a crap offense?  Pretty similar if you ask me.

2012 didnt quit until the A&M game in November.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Good defense with a crap offense?  Pretty similar if you ask me.

2012 didnt quit until the A&M game in November.

2012 team quit in the Arkansas game in the first 5 games lol. They got smothered by a team that was coached by John L Smith. It didn't lead to 40 point butt kickings until that point. 

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

uga leaving the starters in, passing, up 25 points with 5 minutes left in the game. Hope it doesn't bite them in the ass. 

I have no issue with this.  We're trying to score too.  It's not their job to be nice.

• Like 2

Just now, AUDevil said:

Steiner got Vaseline on his arms.

It’s bad enough that we have guys missing tackles, but the worst part is there are no other defenders converging on the ball. 
We don’t seem to flock to the ball. 

10 minutes ago, ThurstontheWelshCorgi said:

There is no excuse literally zero excuse to have not both recruited and brought in transfer portal olinemen with our current allstar backfield and was absolutely not a mystery that it was a weak point when harsin was hired. This is all on him at this point

There is also absolutely no excuse for Gus to have completely ignored/whiffed on the same players you are saying this staff should have got. If it's so easy, why didn't Gus do it? He padded stats with other positions but left us wanting on the line. It's what got him fired.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

2012 team quit in the Arkansas game in the first 5 games lol. They got smothered by a team that was coached by John L Smith. It didn't lead to 40 point butt kickings until that point. 

Disagree.  I was at the Vandy game 2 weeks later.  That team fought.  They just weren't good.

Just now, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Am I seriously what? Telling the truth? Yes, yes I am. I'm not saying this staff is infallible. I'm not saying they haven't made mistakes, but im also acknowledging that the previous regime is also responsible for what we were left with. 

For the last time for remedial Auburn fans.....TAKE A LOOK AT TENNESSEE. They were in such bad shape when Heupel came in and he had almost nothing to work with....unlike Harsin who had some talent but ran off a lot of them right off the bat.  Heupel, unlike Harsin, actually worked at his job and used recruiting and the portal to build a team. He now has a team in the top 10. They are well coached by a staff of guys who probably don't have time to run stairs because they are doing their jobs. Harsin had the opportunity to do all of this but he is too busy doing anything but his job. Harsin is a terrible, inept and lazy coach. He was a terrible hire and making excuses for him is beyond stupid. 

• Like 7