Coastal QB Grayson McCall

Zeek

10 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I hear you. I know that rivals saying it is academic, but all of this is just really odd. 
but, then again, so is recruiting. 
it is nice to care about recruiting again 

247 is too. Glad freeze and Montgomery were proactive enough to get Leary on campus for a OV immediately and not just wait around for what may be months to get this kid qualified.

6 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

You are correct. We did not screw anything up. It just seems to be almost laughable that we have an absolute stud quarterback that wants to come our way to help save our program and cannot get into school.
you just don’t hear about that happening. Ever.

Agree. It’s like we morph into Stanford when it’s transfer time. For Gods sake, guys are now getting degrees at 4 schools over 4 years, JT Daniels being the latest example. 

Edited by Gowebb11

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Agree. It’s like we morph into Stanford when it’s transfer time. For Gods sake, guys are now getting degrees at 4 schools over 4 years, JT Daniels being the latest example. 

Does this mean he has elibililty issues at Auburn but will suddenly be "good to go" at another P5?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

53 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Does this mean he has elibililty issues at Auburn but will suddenly be "good to go" at another P5?

If the other school offers his major, or is Alabama, yes.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

This has happened twice that I can recall. Both prior times the guy that didn't qualify to get into Auburn ended up at Mississippi State. Not UF, not UGA, not UAT, not any other SEC school. Just MSU. They have different standards there, or perhaps are willing to use loopholes that other schools are reluctant to use.

In any case, this isn't just an Auburn thing. It happens at most places but the few times this happens at AU are the only times we hear about it. One of my long time friends is a Gator fan and they've also lost several prospects to qualification issues.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, AUnCullman said:

Some colleges offer different degrees. With him being 3 years deep in whatever his major is, we may not offer that same degree. Makes sense IF its a credit transfer issue. 

That was the problem with Desi Sills. He basically had a whole major that didn’t have comparable courses here. More of a potential problem with multi year players 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This has happened twice that I can recall. Both prior times the guy that didn't qualify to get into Auburn ended up at Mississippi State. Not UF, not UGA, not UAT, not any other SEC school. Just MSU. They have different standards there, or perhaps are willing to use loopholes that other schools are reluctant to use.

In any case, this isn't just an Auburn thing. It happens at most places but the few times this happens at AU are the only times we hear about it. One of my long time friends is a Gator fan and they've also lost several prospects to qualification issues.

On one hand I get it. On the other hand guys like JT Daniels and Joey Gatewood attend 4 schools over 4 or 5 years and no one blinks an eye. Crazy and inconsistent standards these days. 

15 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

On one hand I get it. On the other hand guys like JT Daniels and Joey Gatewood attend 4 schools over 4 or 5 years and no one blinks an eye. Crazy and inconsistent standards these days. 

Well, it could be as simple as their degree is a generic degree like Liberal Arts, Communication, etc and the credits transfer more readily. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Anyone’s who’s tried to transfer credits past sophomore year knows it gets progressively tougher to map the classes. After junior year… Regardless of the degree. UGA and UF are notoriously hard. I’m surprised we missed that.

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

I don’t think Auburn missed it, its probably why they had him send transcripts once they set up an OV.  

If he had OV’d, committed, then could not enroll for spring because of a transcript issue then you could claim it was missed but until Auburn actually looks at his coursework there was no way to know what he had taken at CC. 

Maybe. But unless you’re in the same state and system, or you don’t care about academic rankings whatsoever. Trying to transfer colleges with only 2 semesters left seems pretty problematic.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

If AU had said “nah, better not take a chance with this kid who is about to graduate from a much smaller school” and not even reached out to McCall, most of you would have melted. 

AU sets up a visit and in the meantime checks out transcripts, finds a problem ahead of time and yet Auburn fans are melting over that. 

In the middle of all of that he manages to get the #1 rated portal QB for a 3 day OV.  

I’m honestly not sure how you think Freeze should have handled it but I feel confident that he and the AU staff know a helluva lot more about this than any message board posters do.  

🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Very well said

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

If AU had said “nah, better not take a chance with this kid who is about to graduate from a much smaller school” and not even reached out to McCall, most of you would have melted. 

AU sets up a visit and in the meantime checks out transcripts, finds a problem ahead of time and yet Auburn fans are melting over that. 

In the middle of all of that he manages to get the #1 rated portal QB for a 3 day OV.  

I’m honestly not sure how you think Freeze should have handled it but I feel confident that he and the AU staff know a helluva lot more about this than any message board posters do.  

🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

It might save you some time to just create one thread called “This staff has got everything figured out so stop panicking like children and relax”.  It works for almost any topic😇

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

It might save you some time to just create one thread called “This staff has got everything figured out so stop panicking like children and relax”.  It works for almost any topic😇

I am a Freeze fan but I am not a Freeze loyalist. There are people here that I can already tell are Freeze "LOYALIST."

• Like 5

We just need to give each other more than a month before we start putting labels on each other and punching each other in the face. After that, it’s fair game 👊💥🤕 😂

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

We just need to give each other more than a month before we start putting labels on each other and punching each other in the face. After that, it’s fair game 👊💥🤕 😂

No worries. I’ve got everyone listed in google sheets broken up into chf support categories. Ie competency rating, staff rating, recruiting rating, ethical pushback rating, antifreeze vs blind support rating, ect. Then I sort everyone by who agrees with me  the most (right) and who doesn’t (wrong).  @DAG is the toughest to qualify - if you’re definitive about anything, he gonna disagree with you :)

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

No worries. I’ve got everyone listed in google sheets broken up into chf support categories. Ie competency rating, staff rating, recruiting rating, ethical pushback rating, antifreeze vs blind support rating, ect. Then I sort everyone by who agrees with me  the most (right) and who doesn’t (wrong).  @DAG is the toughest to qualify - if you’re definitive about anything, he gonna disagree with you :)

8D93BCE5-2B39-442F-AE01-A40C40DFE54F_4_5005_c.jpeg

9 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Congrats. You easily achieved my brightest green font that Sheets supports

My goal is to one day bookend both extremes…how am I doing in that regard?  Can’t tell if I’m making progress or failing miserably.

27 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

My goal is to one day bookend both extremes…how am I doing in that regard?  Can’t tell if I’m making progress or failing miserably.

Ah, the coveted “drive the mods crazy. total chaos” category. I’ll check.  The ability to be both pro and anti freeze simultaneously, while also being critical but supportive of dabo, sanders,  ect  - all within the same thread. 

There is no greater achievement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I am a Freeze fan but I am not a Freeze loyalist. There are people here that I can already tell are Freeze "LOYALIST."

Yup. We are still living in the hype phase. We will see how much of his recruiting ability is actually true in the next few weeks. 

• Like 2