Coastal QB Grayson McCall

Zeek

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

According to others, we have been waiting on the transcripts. 
Stud QB is basically begging to go to AU and can’t get in… is this real life? 
now This is JABA. Holy smokes. 

JABA: my least favorite word in modern language. 

40 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

SEC doesn't take senior transfers...so he either has to be an entering JR or less or a grad student. 

did not know this ??? Anyone heard of this and know if this is true? 

That was the case a few years back, before the portal and relaxed transfer rules. I'd be surprised if this rule is still in place but it did exist at one time.

2 minutes ago, Systems said:

He's not on campus until Saturday morning and then leaving Sunday morning. If he doesn't academically pre-qualify, his travel shouldn't have been approved or should have required some executive approval of expenditure. Regardless, we should be pre-qualifying at the highest level. No time to waste on "maybe". Time to win!

If you’re talking about Leary, he’s actually already on campus now/Friday afternoon or evening, that’s who @AEAugirlis referring to 

Edited by AUINSY

26 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Who is Desi Sills and what was the situation?  I have seen this mentioned a bunch and I’m clueless 

Transfer from Arkansas>Auburn bball. Was committed and ready to sign until he found out his credits wouldn’t transfer. I think he wound up at Arkansas State.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

"rules is rules."

How is it JABA if the kid can't get in school,  or,  if we had to wait in official transcripts?   The kid may have his heart set on playing somewhere else.  Could have been scared off by  the competition.  May be an off the charts ridiculous offer somewhere else.   A girlfriend.    May be he feels obligated to go with a school that has had a relationship with him for more than 2 weeks.  etc. 

It is not likely we screwed this up. 

The most JABA thing is Auburn fans calling "JABA"  for every single thing that doesn't go our way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

The most JABA thing is Auburn fans calling "JABA"  for every single thing that doesn't go our way.

You are correct. We did not screw anything up. It just seems to be almost laughable that we have an absolute stud quarterback that wants to come our way to help save our program and cannot get into school.
you just don’t hear about that happening. Ever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

How in the world is this JABA?  

He just entered the portal MONDAY.  Then you have to discuss with potential schools then get CC to transfer records.  That doesn’t usually happen quick.  Then Auburn has to evaluate, and I am sure there were some discussions about any work arounds.  So that basically happened in a three day period and Freeze might have gone ahead and got Leary in when he sensed there could be an issue. 

Some of y’all melt faster than a snowman in a sauna at every little thing.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

How in the world is this JABA?  

He just entered the portal MONDAY.  Then you have to discuss with potential schools then get CC to transfer records.  That doesn’t usually happen quick.  Then Auburn has to evaluate, and I am sure there were some discussions about any work arounds.  So that basically happened in a three day period and Freeze might have gone ahead and got Leary in when he sensed there could be an issue. 

Some of y’all melt faster than a snowman in a sauna at every little thing.  

I don't think it's a big deal that he didn't come. But why does Auburn need to truly evaluate him or wait on transcripts just for a visit? 

26 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Has anyone else backed out that was supposed to visit AU this weekend?

It's not about backing-out. It's about pre-qualifying your players for Official Visits. 

1 minute ago, Systems said:

It's not about backing-out. It's about pre-qualifying your players for Official Visits. 

That makes more sense. Who else has that happened to? Other than Desi a year or two ago. 

Edited by AUINSY

2 minutes ago, Systems said:

Which apparently is exactly what happened yet here y’all are, melting over it. 

Would you have rather he came on his visit, committed, then Leary went to KY only to find this out?  

I do not get why you keep beating this drum.  He only went into the portal MONDAY.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AUTigerTime said:

I don't think it's a big deal that he didn't come. But why does Auburn need to truly evaluate him or wait on transcripts just for a visit? 

If you have another QB you are looking at (Leary) then you probably do want to make sure there will be no issues qualifying. 

It would suck if you found this out AFTER McCall had visited and Leary possibly signed with KY or another school.  

2 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

That makes more sense. Who else has that happened to? Other than Desi a year or two ago. 

IDK - I was reading the above and posing a question about a possible gap in recruiting that could be shored up. "If true" and given the fast pace CHF is moving, I speculate he wants none of these perceive barriers in place. That's all. I'm sure everything will work out fine; usually does. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Which apparently is exactly what happened yet here y’all are, melting over it. 

Would you have rather he came on his visit, committed, then Leary went to KY only to find this out?  

I do not get why you keep beating this drum.  He only went into the portal MONDAY.  

Jeez - I'm not beating a drum! This isn't rocket surgery. All the rules are known. They only have to follow them. Some of them can/should be anticipated. That's all - relax.

1 minute ago, Systems said:

I It's about pre-qualifying your players for Official Visits. 

Assuming it is a qualification issue:

pre-qualifying is not easy to do in 2 - 3 days for a borderline case. 

I imagine most of the time was spent trying to find some possible way to get him qualified after we got the transcripts and all the info. 

They are probably still looking for a way, but we are not going to spend the money and resources  unless we are pretty sure a player will qualify. 

That said.  I am not 100% convinced yet that it is a qualifying issue.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

If you have another QB you are looking at (Leary) then you probably do want to make sure there will be no issues qualifying. 

It would suck if you found this out AFTER McCall had visited and Leary possibly signed with KY or another school.  

You are correct. It is not Jaba. It is however funny - not in a good way - that we have an unbelievable QB that wants to go here that can help us immediately and he can’t get in (yet). That rarely if ever happens. So yeah, people are going to be sad about it. This is a football recruiting board and he was the top recruit this weekend. 

All I heard all week from Alabama fans was that they did not want us to get this kid. Heck that is all the podcasts have been talking about this week. 

just shocking in a bad way. Hopefully they can find a loophole. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I hear you. I know that rivals saying it is academic, but all of this is just really odd. 
but, then again, so is recruiting. 
it is nice to care about recruiting again 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I hear you. I know that rivals saying it is academic, but all of this is just really odd. 
but, then again, so is recruiting. 
it is nice to care about recruiting again 

Yes, it is nice and that it's going well is really encouraging. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Assuming it is a qualification issue:

pre-qualifying is not easy to do in 2 - 3 days for a borderline case. 

I imagine most of the time was spent trying to find some possible way to get him qualified after we got the transcripts and all the info. 

They are probably still looking for a way, but we are not going to spend the money and resources  unless we are pretty sure a player will qualify. 

It is. Multiple AU sites have confirmed this is the case. It’s unfortunate that of all the players that this happened to it just had to be the stud QB who really wanted to be here bad.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

25 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

You are correct. It is not Jaba. It is however funny - not in a good way - that we have an unbelievable QB that wants to go here that can help us immediately and he can’t get in (yet). That rarely if ever happens. So yeah, people are going to be sad about it. This is a football recruiting board and he was the top recruit this weekend. 

All I heard all week from Alabama fans was that they did not want us to get this kid. Heck that is all the podcasts have been talking about this week. 

just shocking in a bad way. Hopefully they can find a loophole. 

Ever get the feeling that bama influences Auburn's recruiting more than Russia influences US elections?