Coastal QB Grayson McCall

Zeek

16 hours ago, AEAugirl said:

Me too.  I read somewhere there are some concerns about Leary’s pectoral injury.  

Seems like I heard he would not be able to start throwing until February.

2 hours ago, Crypto Dentist said:

Seems like I heard he would not be able to start throwing until February.

Here's the thing. We need the help and whoever it is needs to be ready, willing and able to go through spring practice. At some other time we might could afford to take a chance on an injury but this year we cannot have another Calzada. Our portal guy has to be fit and able.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Here's the thing. We need the help and whoever it is needs to be ready, willing and able to go through spring practice. At some other time we might could afford to take a chance on an injury but this year we cannot have another Calzada. Our portal guy has to be fit and able.

Yeah that was a waste of a roster spot, hopefully we can learn from our very recent mistakes. Not only that, but Robby apparently had an injury most of this season as well, TJ did in late '21, wouldn't be surprised if he did this season too, Bo before him. Seems to be a pattern behind that bad o-line...so we need some healthy guys to go out and compete 

19 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I'd be gunshy after Calzada, even though he re-injured himself doing stupid stuff.

But we really need a guy to go through spring

is that why he was let go? i never caught the story on that. would you feel poor ol aubes in? wiggles eyebrows.....

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

is that why he was let go? i never caught the story on that. would you feel poor ol aubes in? wiggles eyebrows.....

There was some athlete home run derby style event hitting tennis balls at plainsman park.  Well he participated (probably shouldn't have) and either reinjured his recovering shoulder or cause an injury to another one.

IDK why he was let go by Freeze.  Probably b/c he wasn't ever really very good and extremely inaccurate.  Him beating bama was the sole reason 99% of people here convinced themselves he was actually good

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

There was some athlete home run derby style event hitting tennis balls at plainsman park.  Well he participated (probably shouldn't have) and either reinjured his recovering shoulder or cause an injury to another one.

IDK why he was let go by Freeze.  Probably b/c he wasn't ever really very good and extremely inaccurate.  Him beating bama was the sole reason 99% of people here convinced themselves he was actually good

thank you for your times i appreciate it!

He won't come here unless we pay some OL to transfer in

• Like 2

After last year’s “Caleb Williams is coming” I’m not getting hopes up. Would be a great get though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

After last year’s “Caleb Williams is coming” I’m not getting hopes up. Would be a great get though. 

Gosh. Is that only a year ago? Seems like an eternity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Why is Calzada transferring?

1 minute ago, PUB78 said:

Why is Calzada transferring?

I believe Freeze parted ways with him.

53 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Caleb Williams was always following Riley. 

Think the entire show of visits, etc was to take the heat off Riley since there was so much talk about how he was actively poaching his OU players he wanted to transfer, which I am sure he was. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, maryland tiger said:

Ashford > McCall 🥱

I’m sorry.  But no 😂

Ashford one day, with some significant and quality QB coaching, could become an SEC calibur QB.  But right now?  Not even close to McCall. 

McCall comes, he is QB1 and its not even close.  We don’t have a QB on roster with half the talent that kid has. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I’m sorry.  But no 😂

Ashford one day, with some significant and quality QB coaching, could become an SEC calibur QB.  But right now?  Not even close to McCall. 

McCall comes, he is QB1 and its not even close.  We don’t have a QB on roster with half the talent that kid has. 

Talent might be the wrong word. Robby has plenty of talent. I think Holden is very talented. They don’t have half the experience, the reps, the coaching and therefore the results of Greyson. But they are plenty “talented”. 

2 minutes ago, KMR said:

Talent might be the wrong word. Robby has plenty of talent. I think Holden is very talented. They don’t have half the experience, the reps, the coaching and therefore the results of Greyson. But they are plenty “talented”. 

McCall had those results his first year playing.  

He’s got a natural talent and was obviously significantly underrated.  This isn’t the first year McCall has lit it up…he’s been doing it for three years.  He was a QB a lot thought would enter the portal last year because of his talent level and even possibly be an Auburn target if he did.  

Robby Ashford is in his 3 year of college as well and hasn’t even come close.  Holden is very raw and needs coaching.  

Of course they all have talent, McCall just has significantly more of it. 

• Like 2

Robbie's running ability is a 10/10. It is fun to watch.  And he has a good arm when healthy. But he will have to significantly improve his overall passing/ability to read defenses to have a shot at the job next year. I'd love to see him make the leap because his running is awesome.  But he has a long way to go.  Grayson McCall is ready tomorrow.

• Like 3

I agree.  Robby is a ridiculous athlete with a strong arm.   I would like to see what our O/QB staff can do with him and see if he can develop into a dynamic playmaker dual threat QB.  

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

I agree.  Robby is a ridiculous athlete with a strong arm.   I would like to see what our O/QB staff can do with him and see if he can develop into a dynamic playmaker dual threat QB.  

Another thing Robby has ( I do not know about McCall)  that makes him a good fit at QB  is that he is a natural leader.   Charismatic,  happy,  hard working,  confident but humble, Loves the game ,  is pretty good, stays out of trouble,  etc.    The kind of guy that will not ask you to do something he is unwilling to do.     The kind of guy people like to follow.   

He just need to learn to aim.   LOL 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1