2023 QB Hank Brown commits

gr82b4au

I actually like this kid a lot. Don’t know if he ever starts at Auburn but the upside is there. Very much wanted to be here.

Not sure if this has any effect in regards to portal QBs, since its what a lot of people are assuming. Hank Brown has been discussed since before the portal even opened as someone Freeze might offer. 

Do think this affects Keyone Jenkins.   I think Freeze wanted a HS QB option which is why he brought in Marcel Reed for a visit but it seems he may like Hank Brown better since he didn’t offer Reed.  

Edited by AEAugirl

2 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Not sure if this has any effect in regards to portal QBs, since its what a lot of people are assuming. Hank Brown has been discussed since before the portal even opened as someone Freeze might offer. 

Do think this affects Keyone Jenkins.   I think Freeze wanted a HS QB option which is why he brought in Marcel Reed for a visit but it seems he may like Hank Brown better since he didn’t offer Reed.  

We always wanted to take a high school QB in this class. Brown was recruited for Freeze’s scheme. I still don’t know what the plan is for Keyone.

Kid is a winner. Great HS kid that can possibly be developed. Good pickup.

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

We always wanted to take a high school QB in this class. Brown was recruited for Freeze’s scheme. I still don’t know what the plan is for Keyone.

Yep but you have morons like Justin Lee tweeting that this obviously means Ashford is the starter since Freeze is bringing in Brown.  

I think he’ll continue to watch the portal QBs and try to bring one in. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 1

Just now, AEAugirl said:

Yep but you have morons like Justin Lee tweeting that this obviously means Ashford is the starter since Freeze is bringing in Brown.  

I quit following a bunch of those dudes when Freeze was hired.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I think he’ll continue to watch the portal QBs and try to bring one in. 

With no due respect Justin Lee is... well he is a female dog 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Great pickup the type QB we need in this class.  We now have 3 possibly 4 QB's.  Ashford, Geriner, Brown and maybe Finley. Geriner has now been in college for a year if we can't find a portal QB he or Ashford could be good QB's assuming Freeze is able to pull in the O-Line players from the Portal. We apparently have 3 QB developers in this staff to work with our QB's. Ashford showed some good signs and some bad signs last year while playing urt second year with great QB developers he might be a really good QB the same with Geriner.  That said I am sure that staff is still looking at Portal for either a starter or backup QB. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Great pickup the type QB we need in this class.  We now have 3 possibly 4 QB's.  Ashford, Geriner, Brown and maybe Finley. Geriner has now been in college for a year if we can't find a portal QB he or Ashford could be good QB's assuming Freeze is able to pull in the O-Line players from the Portal. We apparently have 3 QB developers in this staff to work with our QB's. Ashford showed some good signs and some bad signs last year while playing urt second year with great QB developers he might be a really good QB the same with Geriner.  That said I am sure that staff is still looking at Portal for either a starter or backup QB. 

Zero chance that TJ Finley is here next year.

Ashford

Geriner

Brown

Keyone - likely a PWO

and a TBD transfer 

29 minutes ago, Zeek said:

With no due respect Justin Lee is... well he is a female dog 

I believe the Old English word for it was Bicce sometimes spelled Bicche.

6 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Wonder what some folks would be saying if we got the Coastal QB? I read he was only a 2 star out of HS. 

He was only a 2 star but that’s got nothing to do with now because McCall is proven

• Like 1

Just now, JuscAUse! said:

Wonder what some folks would be saying if we got the Coastal QB? I read he was only a 2 star out of HS. 

They would be saying the same thing as the response to this guy.  It’s all people look at (Star ratings).  

Just now, Sizzle said:

He was only a 2 star but that’s got nothing to do with now because McCall is proven

He’s talking about if Auburn had signed McCall out of HS as a two star.  

15 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Yay a three star, be ready SEC we comin! 🤣

Hahah I know man. We’re going 4-8 and we’re all going to be posting things like “dang autiger88 was right we’re all so dumb and inferior to him like why did we hire Freeze?😂😂” next season can’t wait 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Kid is a winner. Great HS kid that can possibly be developed. Good pickup.

So was Dematrius Davis

Edited by jluvah