2023 QB Hank Brown commits

gr82b4au

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not like the dude is going to start tomorrow. Let him sit back and develop with this staff.

Yep, great depth piece who will probably hang around multi years and be fine developing from the bench.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

🤣

What’s funny?  We needed 2 QBs this offseason…a HS depth guy and a transfer who can compete for #1.  Check off one of those and we have until spring to find another. You want to call us all hypocrites in April?  I’m all ears.

PS…several of these recruits and transfers are 4 stars.

Edited by AUDevil
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

What’s funny?  We needed 2 QBs this offseason…a HS depth guy and a transfer who can compete for #1.  Check off one of those and we have until spring to find another. You want to call us all hypocrites in April?  I’m all ears.

PS…several of these recruits and transfers are 4 stars.

Well he "retired" from Auburn football after freeze got hired and pulled a Favre.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

🤣

88 I’ve had a lot of respect for your posts in the past but this is getting tiresome. If you don’t like Freeze, you have every right to feel that way. However, I don’t see what you gain from coming here to ridicule poster and recruits. Some of us enjoy actually having some sense of positivity around the program for the first time in a long while. You’re on record with your stance, can you not just allow a small bit of celebration for a coach finally bringing in some needed talent. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I've explained myself several times lol and im not taking about the other recruits just the QBs 🙄

I’m expecting a starting QB transfer by Spring.  So far we only know of Freeze missing on getting 1 guy, Leary, bc we weren’t willing to spend enough to pull him away from Coen (or maybe we should’ve hired that OC?).  I don’t know that he’s pursued any other viable option and missed?

Regardless, QB is one of about 22 positions we’re way behind on and I think he’s doing a good job balancing his efforts on all of them and getting results.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Y'all do realize y'all are doing that too me right? I'm getting ridiculed for my opinion just saying that two months ago people would have been mad if we got two three stars at QB... Ive been quoted a lot of times now just saying I'm wrong and blah blah. Last I checked I'm allowed to say my opinion just like all of y'all, even if it comes with ridicule and really the only one I've even come close to ridicuing is Mikey. Lol. 

I didn't say anything bad about the other recruits I think he's doing a damn good job on that end just not on the QB situation. 🤷

I’ve not ridiculed you or anyone else on this board. Also, I don’t get mad about Auburn getting any recruit. If a recruit wants to wear Orange and Blue and play for the team I support then I see that as something to celebrate. Some pan out and some don’t. I supported Harsin until the Missouri game. I will support Freeze until it is obvious he cannot he the job done. And I will support the young men that play for Auburn. 
As far as the QB, he’s not a 5 star stud but he’s being brought in for depth purposes not being the savior for next year. I don’t see the big deal for one of 40+ spots to go to a guy the staff believes they might can develop for 3-4years down the road. 

Edited by Jgarrett7
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Did I say you? 

Good for you, I however don't believe we can compete against Alabama, Georgia and LSU with 3 star quarterbacks but ok. 

Y’all typically is inclusive to the person you are talking to. 
Maybe not but who’s to say this kid couldn’t be a good serviceable backup or some other role in the future. I don’t think Duggan or Bennett were highly sought after 5 stars either. 

5 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

Y’all typically is inclusive to the person you are talking to. 
Maybe not but who’s to say this kid couldn’t be a good serviceable backup or some other role in the future. I don’t think Duggan or Bennett were highly sought after 5 stars either. 

Don’t bother.   There are so many examples of players coming in under the radar and then performing way beyond any stupid high school rankings.   He is an Anti-Freezer to the core so every chance will be to cut him down 

• Like 5
  • Dislike 1

I don't get why folks here are summarily saying serviceable back up, probably will never play a down, just a 3 star, etc.   Stetson Bennett IV was a 2 star walk on at UGA.   He already has one ring and likely will have 2.    5'11" 190lbs  2 star.    You have to have talent to throw 47 TDs against just 3 ints.    And, we have 2 true QB coaches now.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I don't get why folks here are summarily saying serviceable back up, probably will never play a down, just a 3 star, etc.   Stetson Bennett IV was a 2 star walk on at UGA.   He already has one ring and likely will have 2.    5'11" 190lbs  2 star.    You have to have talent to throw 47 TDs against just 3 ints.    And, we have 2 true QB coaches now.    

You know how rare that is? 

31 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

McCall was a 2 star also. QB is a tough position to rate as it is so much more then having a live arm and a certain height. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

Very rare.   I can't name another high school QB who had a td to int ratio of 15.67, but it has probably happened before. 

• Like 4

• Zeek unpinned this topic
8 hours ago, autiger88 said:

Baler Mayfield, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Dak Prescott, Johnny Manziel, Nick Marshall, Malik Willis……etc. etc. SEC players of the year, Heisman Winners, Super Bowl Winners, NFL starters. Not as rare as we think for QBs out of high school to be overlooked and underrated.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Baler Mayfield, Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen, Dak Prescott, Johnny Manziel, Nick Marshall, Malik Willis……etc. etc. SEC players of the year, Heisman Winners, Super Bowl Winners, NFL starters. Not as rare as we think for QBs out of high school to be overlooked and underrated.  

There's also a lot more who didn't go anywhere just because there was a few who did doesn't mean every single one of them is going to. 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, autiger88 said:

There's also a lot more who didn't go anywhere just because there was a few who did doesn't mean every single one of them is going to. 

Come off it dude.  You are one of those people.  The kind that has to have the last word, even if your point is ridiculous.   

Freeze is making inroads for future recruiting.   

Your eye for talent is questionable.   I'll go with Freeze's opinion.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

So you’ve already moved from “it’s rare” to “a few doesn’t mean all”. 😂 Keep moving the goal post. image.gif.a14d5377d29f2d4277a9efaa614f0f6b.gif

• Haha 3

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

So you’ve already moved from “it’s rare” to “a few doesn’t mean all”. 😂 Keep moving the goal post. image.gif.a14d5377d29f2d4277a9efaa614f0f6b.gif

It is still rare, that doesn't make any sense. I didn't move anything. I just dont agree and y'all don't like it for reasons. 😒

2 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Come off it dude.  You are one of those people.  The kind that has to have the last word, even if your point is ridiculous.   

Freeze is making inroads for future recruiting.   

Your eye for talent is questionable.   I'll go with Freeze's opinion.

What does me saying anything about questioning the three star QBs have anything to do with Freeze and saying he isn't making inroads never said he wasn't, I just don't think getting two 3 star QBs as a good thing 

Nah, not really yall just keep quoting me and don't like the fact I respond. 🙄

Edited by autiger88
  • Dislike 1

Just now, autiger88 said:

It is still rare, that doesn't make any sense. I didn't move anything. I just dont agree and y'all don't like it for reasons. 😒

We just don't like your obsession and CONTIUOUS  posting about the subject.  No one cares about your opinion. 

May be You should  enter the fan portal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

We just don't like your obsession and CONTIUOUS  posting about the subject.  No one cares about your opinion. 

May be You should  enter the fan portal.

The only reason it's continuing is because y'all keep quoting me 😒 I said my peace one time and y'all decide y'all didn't like it and keep on insisting to quote me trying to prove me wrong that doesn't make any sense just because I don't like the three star QBs we got. 🤷

Really wish y'all would quit with the whole questioning my fan hood. That is BS just because I disagree with some things. 

Y'all keep saying I'm saying stuff about Freeze when I'm not, I praised him for bringing in offensive line and defensive line and other stuff just the QBs I think is stupid to praise about. 

There's this thing called an ignore list put me on it. 

Since nobody likes what I post. 

Edited by autiger88
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

The kind that has to have the last word, even if your point is ridiculous.   

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

The only reason it's continuing is because y'all keep quoting me

see.

You say stupid s***,  people are going to quote you. and you HAVE to respond.   Read the room.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

Yeah I see the room everybody praising getting three star QBs while I don't and the mob doesn't like it lmao. It's ok like you said my opinion doesn't matter but for some odd reason it must since you keep quoting me wanting me to agree. 🙃  

This s*** is hilarious. You acting like what you say matters to me but you do you. 👍

Delusion much?   

No one is praising anyone.     Auburn fans are willing to give the guy a chance before trashing him.   

Don't just see the room,  READ IT!