uga vs TCU

yngwie1995

Just now, Eagle-1 said:

Just thought I'd give you an opportunity to explain that statement. Some here might not get what you meant. 

No need for me. I understand perfectly. 

I wouldn't know how to further explain without a question to it. I think everybody knows it though. We love the small, overcome obstacle story. That's who generally gets the love and support here. The 5 star guys have had a harder time in my recollection. 

Small guys are treated like kings here. Of course nothing is 100% of the time and I'm speaking generally

35 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Even our top teams seems like 3-4 is usually how it goes. Owen is too small but I imagine he will test well. Would you happen to know how many tcu has?  From the stuff I read more than us. 

Do you think we're close to being a playoff team?

No Auburn definitely isn’t a playoff team. I watched TCU alot this season and most games they had to come from behind to win. It could be my orange and blue glass but they would have a hard time beating the Auburn team that showed up the last 4 games of the season. Like I said in my earlier post I would bet money they would have lost at least 4 games playing Auburns schedule.

I looked up a quick stat that has Auburn with 11 prospects and TCU has 12. I am sticking with the 4 that I feel pretty confident about

23 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I wouldn't know how to further explain without a question to it. I think everybody knows it though. We love the small, overcome obstacle story. That's who generally gets the love and support here. The 5 star guys have had a harder time in my recollection. 

Small guys are treated like kings here. Of course nothing is 100% of the time and I'm speaking generally

That's human nature. Everybody loves the underdog, beat the odds story. 

Problem is, in the last several years, with very few exceptions we haven't had the ultimate elite athletes here to get excited about. Certainly not enough of them anyway. 

2 hours ago, woodford said:

Yep. Georgia also caught massive breaks (like every championship team does) to go B2B. They were a miraculously TO, injured playmaker WR, and shank FG from not even playing last night. The margins are so razor thin even for a team as talented as Georgia. That regression from 21 was evident against tOSU. The will regress in some ways next year. They could also get better in some ways too.

They are the new top dog (pun intended) in CFB so they will get everyone's A game going forward. This team will finally play in real hostile environments in 2023. Georgia will actually have to legitimately prepare for an Auburn team with an offensive pulse for the first time since 2017. Neyland won't be a cake walk either. That could decide the division.

I see that schedule as a perfect set up for them to get back to the playoff.  Of course, anything can happen once they get there.  Still, my money would be on UGA to 3-peat.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

No Auburn definitely isn’t a playoff team. I watched TCU alot this season and most games they had to come from behind to win. It could be my orange and blue glass but they would have a hard time beating the Auburn team that showed up the last 4 games of the season. Like I said in my earlier post I would bet money they would have lost at least 4 games playing Auburns schedule.

I looked up a quick stat that has Auburn with 11 prospects and TCU has 12. I am sticking with the 4 that I feel pretty confident about

I agree with if they played our schedule part, I brought this point up when people were hyping Oregon up. It's all fun and games until you have to play a legit sec defense...... but nobody saw it that way then lol. 

But all they would have to do is load up and stop our run and it would be over. It wouldn't be close if they played us imo. We aren't beating anybody that has a pulse on offense. 

Us having 11 prospects is hilarious to me. Like I said I don't know their roster but I know their QB is a prospect, I know their hb is good. I know they have at least two dynamic wr's, I'm assuming the d lineman that had 4 sacks against Michigan is good and I know they had a db that was a Thorpe award finalist so I'm assuming he's probably a prospect. Since they would put up points I'm going to guess at least one o lineman is probably a prospect and maybe a tight end too if they threw to him and he put up numbers. Just sound like a much more talented team that I watched us have this year.

2 hours ago, TXaubie said:

Committee absolutely got it correct.

Am I the only one that thinks this game should have been the #1 versus #4 game in the semis? 

You mean uga vs tOSU in the final? Obviously, they were the best 2 teams (in the playoffs anyway). But tOSU had just gotten schooled at home by Michigan, so no surprise they were the #4 seed (was almost bama).

4 hours ago, woodford said:

Same. Georgia played perfect and TCU didn’t show up at all. Best case scenario for Dawgs

I’ll probably be wrong but complacency will end up biting Georgia next year. If Saban couldn’t thee-peat then I doubt Kirby will. A lot of stuff will happen between now and this time next year. 

I hope it bites them. I'm not sold on Kirby being anything other than a good recruiter. Decent coach? Sure. Genius? No. With their recruiting classes the last 5 years, and their cupcake schedule, it's kinda hard not to make it to the playoff. They'll get up for the big games, but they could slip. They almost lost at Missouri this year. 

Of course, I guess someone gets props for coaching up Bennett. Of course, any decent QB could be successful with that kind of talent around him. Kinda ironic that with their recruiting classes, they were led by a walk-on. Of course, I think the guy's an arrogant pr!ck that looks like Gazoo (huge head, tiny body) from The Flintstones. Not sure about the rest of the team, but something about Bennett and McConkey rubs me the wrong way. 

35 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I agree with if they played our schedule part, I brought this point up when people were hyping Oregon up. It's all fun and games until you have to play a legit sec defense...... but nobody saw it that way then lol. 

But all they would have to do is load up and stop our run and it would be over. It wouldn't be close if they played us imo. We aren't beating anybody that has a pulse on offense. 

Us having 11 prospects is hilarious to me. Like I said I don't know their roster but I know their QB is a prospect, I know their hb is good. I know they have at least two dynamic wr's, I'm assuming the d lineman that had 4 sacks against Michigan is good and I know they had a db that was a Thorpe award finalist so I'm assuming he's probably a prospect. Since they would put up points I'm going to guess at least one o lineman is probably a prospect and maybe a tight end too if they threw to him and he put up numbers. Just sound like a much more talented team that I watched us have this year.

I agree 11 is a bit of a stretch. I feel confident about the 4. 

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

Nobody pretends more than you on here

Surprised to see you on here. I figured you would be on ESPN or TNT giving everybody your expert analysis on topics such as basketball, football and how to pat yourself on the back 500 times a day without breaking your arm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

Surprised to see you on here. I figured you would be on ESPN or TNT giving everybody your expert analysis on topics such as basketball, football and how to pat yourself on the back 500 times a day without breaking your arm. 

Yet everyday here you are giving yours.....

Say whatever you want but I'd never get on here and lie and pretend to be something I'm not.....can you say that? Of course you can't

• Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, cole256 said:

Small guys are treated like kings here. Of course nothing is 100% of the time and I'm speaking 

Who at AU is an example of the type player your talking about that we support?

55 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Who at AU is an example of the type player your talking about that we support?

I think the easier question is how many highly rated guys had a good experience. A guy is rated high he immediately hears the I don't see the hype and all of that. They need to be amazing right away to not get people all over them. And even then we like to see them getting "broke down"

But guys that don't have high expectations but are out there playing? The didn't see that coming guys have the ability to become legends. Basketball too sometimes. 

Guys that come to my mind off the top of my head is Ryan davis, Marcus Davis, I forget the kids name but the big running back, will Hastings, Zac etheridge, Daniel Thomas, jerraud powers, Darren Bates I'm sure I'm probably missing some of the best ones.

Then you also have the guys that doesn't completely suck but the fan base really hypes their ability, as opposed to the guys that are really good but for whatever reason every mistake they make are amplified sometimes even made up so they can be torn down. These are guys like Seth Williams, neiko Thorpe, smoke Monday....but I don't know why we do that dumb s***, I'm still trying to figure that out

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think the easier question is how many highly rated guys had a good experience. A guy is rated high he immediately hears the I don't see the hype and all of that. They need to be amazing right away to not get people all over them. And even then we like to see them getting "broke down"

But guys that don't have high expectations but are out there playing? The didn't see that coming guys have the ability to become legends. Basketball too sometimes. 

Guys that come to my mind off the top of my head is Ryan davis, Marcus Davis, I forget the kids name but the big running back, will Hastings, Zac etheridge, Daniel Thomas, jerraud powers, Darren Bates I'm sure I'm probably missing some of the best ones.

Then you also have the guys that doesn't completely suck but the fan base really hypes their ability, as opposed to the guys that are really good but for whatever reason every mistake they make are amplified sometimes even made up so they can be torn down. These are guys like Seth Williams, neiko Thorpe, smoke Monday....but I don't know why we do that dumb s***, I'm still trying to figure that out

Wish I knew what you said. The English composition makes it difficult.

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You are asking too philosophical and psychological of a topic to delve into here . 

I suspect it has a lot to do with Americans loving and craving an underdog story.   And,  if we are honest with ourselves,  we love a good schadenfreude.

Those two things combine likely have a lot to do with how fans perceive, cheer or jeer players at any given time.. 

22 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Wish I knew what you said. The English composition makes it difficult.

Lol. I know you want to fight but I'll be honest I have to see if you have a brain before I entertain you.

I find it funny though how often I get insulted on here, just going by numbers only 12% of you could even pass the tests to even APPLY to do what I do......But ok. I'll be your intellectual inferior if that makes you feel accomplished.

18 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

You are asking too philosophical and psychological of a topic to delve into here . 

I suspect it has a lot to do with Americans loving and craving an underdog story.   And,  if we are honest with ourselves,  we love a good schadenfreude.

Those two things combine likely have a lot to do with how fans perceive, cheer or jeer players at any given time.. 

Well I said that and how the thought of we like to think if they can do it maybe I can or even could have.....But my last paragraph I haven't figured out yet. Well I have a couple of theories but nothing I could post and stand on and know I'm correct. 

I don't post too many claims without knowing or at least being able to form a strong argument with my thought. 

You are correct though, I sort of veered off into this, my point I guess was we as a fan base may need to think about that if we ever want to be on a high level of recruiting. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

This and the post from last page.... you sounding like a old curmudgeon now Cole. We're too young for that.

But you may have had a point earlier, if Auburn started a 37 year old veteran with reconstructed knees at ILB next season.... I'd def pull for the guy :lol: 

Also you forgot Worm in your statement above or maybe didn't mention him on purpose, cause honestly... if seein a dude 6 inches shorter than you knock the s*** outta a legit NFL LB prospect don't excite you, do you even like football?

And I swear, never even knowing you're real name, I'll know your grave site if I pass by it in 60 years, it'll be the one where the epitaph reads "Neiko was better than ya'll thought"

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Mims44 said:

This and the post from last page.... you sounding like a old curmudgeon now Cole. We're too young for that.

But you may have had a point earlier, if Auburn started a 37 year old veteran with reconstructed knees at ILB next season.... I'd def pull for the guy :lol: 

Also you forgot Worm in your statement above or maybe didn't mention him on purpose, cause honestly... if seein a dude 6 inches shorter than you knock the s*** outta a legit NFL LB prospect don't excite you, do you even like football?

And I swear, never even knowing you're real name, I'll know your grave site if I pass by it in 60 years, it'll be the one where the epitaph reads "Neiko was better than ya'll thought"

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

No bird is pretty adamant about Thorpe too. I think talking about that and actually speaking on the strategy is what made him think this guy at least knows what db's are trying to accomplish on the field!  

He just got a different response than me 😂. I did leave out worm, not on purpose though. But he's a big example because coming to Auburn and not being big at hb???? And STILL winning people over is almost impossible. That's the lowest hanging fruit on the forum I think. He's not big enough to be a back in the sec. It used to be the QB isn't accurate but then Bo got here and it became against the rules to criticize the QB.....but then Finley came and we got back on track IMMEDIATELY😂