2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

17 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I'm 57 years young and the older I get, the more I realize it doesn't do any good to rush time.  It's going to get here quicker than you want it to.

BUT, all of this drama that this kid is pulling from all sides is getting tiresome to me.  I can hardly wait til NSD in February to get the Ryan Williams Saga

behind us so we can move on to the next.  If he picks AU then AUsome, if he doesn't then Oh Well.

In reality he hasn’t done anything wrong. He intended to sign in Feb and nothing has change. He is just enjoying the process. It’s slow right now and no one can truly predict where he is going. It was just assumed because of the decommitt that it would be Auburn by default. Just have to wait until NSD for this to be over with.

• Like 2

On 1/16/2024 at 11:27 AM, Viper said:

If Williams signs, there is no way on God's green earth we keep all 5 guys signed all 3-4 years. At least one of them will not live up to their hype and at least one of them will transfer.

While you are probably right, 

1. What if Williams ends up being the one that lives up?

2. I think at this point a lot of us just want him for what it would mean… Stealing 2 5 star receivers from Bama in one class would be send a huge message about where Auburn is looking to go. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ScotsAU said:

While you are probably right, 

1. What if Williams ends up being the one that lives up?

2. I think at this point a lot of us just want him for what it would mean… Stealing 2 5 star receivers from Bama in one class would be send a huge message about where Auburn is looking to go. 

Williams will likely live up to his hype. He’s got speed galore. 

So as I’ve been saying for weeks, full speed ahead on his recruitment. 

My point is at least one of them will not live up to their hype and transfer out.

Reference Kyle Davis and Nate Craig-Myers. Who would have bet that Eli Stove would have been the one in that awesome WR class to stay?

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

Gotta wonder at this point if Bamas even  the competition for RW. Saylin decommitted today and you know he sees the mass exodus of talent fleeing Tuscaloosa plus no real relationship with any coach there. I wonder if UGA or Texas are bigger threats at this point.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2024 at 10:16 PM, woodford said:

I was optimistic after Saban retired but I'm back on the 100% not coming to Auburn. If he was he would have already committed. His very cringe comments don't make me feel any better. He'd be a fool not to go to Texas.

Already stated he wants to commit in his birthday 

10 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Already stated he wants to commit in his birthday 

That may have changed!!! Alot happened in a little while.

2 hours ago, CR said:

Gotta wonder at this point if Bamas even  the competition for RW. Saylin decommitted today and you know he sees the mass exodus of talent fleeing Tuscaloosa plus no real relationship with any coach there. I wonder if UGA or Texas are bigger threats at this point.

With everybody that has transfered out of there, they need a win bad ... and they have freed up a lot of $$$ now

1 hour ago, alabastertiger said:

With everybody that has transfered out of there, they need a win bad ... and they have freed up a lot of $$$ now

But….I have to ask….why go play for a team that is bleeding players??

10 minutes ago, WarTim said:

True. The REC will definitely lose their grip since Saban is gone

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, WarTim said:

A boat load of cash 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarTim said:

Immediate playing time ... as much fun as it's been to watch the Great Exodus, players seeking immediate PT will ultimately gravitate back there.  However, they can forget about stockpiling 5*s on the 1st & 2nd teams again.  The depth advantage they enjoyed in the past has evaporated like a shallow bird bath in August.    

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Immediate playing time ... as much fun as it's been to watch the Great Exodus, players seeking immediate PT will ultimately gravitate back there.  However, they can forget about stockpiling 5*s on the 1st & 2nd teams again.  The depth advantage they enjoyed in the past has evaporated like a shallow bird bath in August.    

S9crjCfQXC78ST61iv.webp

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

True. The REC will definitely lose their grip since Saban is gone

Per Wimp Sanderson on the radio today.  About 1/2 of the donors to bama's NIL donate because they love their university.  The other 1/2 donate because they love Nick Saban.  If these folks take a wait and see approach to the new coach their NIL is going to suffer.  He further said many of the recruits that are hitting the portal signed with Saban, not the university.  That's one of the reasons so many are looking elsewhere.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, tinman1 said:

He further said many of the recruits that are hitting the portal signed with Saban, not the university.  That's one of the reasons so many are looking elsewhere.

Absolutely. Have to give the devil his due…he got dudes to the league. Easiest selling point to a recruit ever……

till the N. I. L.

174jf9.jpg

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, woodford said:

Saw the video of Roll Tide Willie and RW. That dude looks rough. 

Yeah that clip is embarrassing. He comes down for an official visit and they have him with a drunk redneck and they both have on Gildan brand Walmart shirts with a generic Blitz Bama Blitz. Only way he goes to Bama at this point is in a free Lambo and dressed in a nice t-town suit. 

Edited by AU Is Gold
Grammar
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

😂

17 hours ago, woodford said:

Saw the video of Roll Tide Willie and RW. That dude looks rough. 

Take it easy on Willie. He will get a very sobering awakening in 2024. He may even cut his toenails . 

• Haha 2

On 1/20/2024 at 8:33 AM, RunInRed said:

😂

Calling this guy “the village idiot” is pretty insensitive, considering he’s obviously mentally disabled. This video, to any non-Alabama resident or follower of CFB recruiting, looks like a ”nice young man” visiting an adult home. 

2 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Calling this guy “the village idiot” is pretty insensitive, considering he’s obviously mentally ret***ed. This video, to any non-Alabama resident or follower of CFB recruiting, looks like a ”nice young man” visiting an adult home. 

I think he is a hoot , I enjoy the videos and laugh. It’s all good fun. 

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 12:56 PM, tigeraddikt said:

Calling this guy “the village idiot” is pretty insensitive, considering he’s obviously mentally disbled. This video, to any non-Alabama resident or follower of CFB recruiting, looks like a ”nice young man” visiting an adult home. 

I had no idea. Honestly hard to tell the difference  🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 12:56 PM, tigeraddikt said:

Calling this guy “the village idiot” is pretty insensitive, considering he’s obviously mentally disabled. This video, to any non-Alabama resident or follower of CFB recruiting, looks like a ”nice young man” visiting an adult home. 

The guy has basically become a massive meme for playing the role of the village idiot for Alabama football - I don't actually know if he is of that mental status, but at this point, there's an entire society that would have to be told of this...

• Like 1