2024 5*+ WR Ryan Williams (Recommitted To Bama)

gr82b4au

11 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I had no idea. Honestly hard to tell the difference  🤷🏻‍♂️

I've seen plenty of people in this great state of ours that operate like Roll Tide Willie that can be drunk, high, or perfectly normal. Alabama is a very different type of place. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Strange. He takes his bammer visit, but according to one tweeter, Williams says War Eagle on the gram? When? On his visit?

I'm all for positive energy in recruiting, but in this case, queue Detective Frank Drebin...

41b1fa160b8136a74fd5992e550b2eb8.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Strange. He takes his bammer visit, but according to one tweeter, Williams says War Eagle on the gram? When? On his visit?

I'm all for positive energy in recruiting, but in this case, queue Detective Frank Drebin...

41b1fa160b8136a74fd5992e550b2eb8.gif

Probably because Auburn supposed to be his last visit before signing day. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, e808 said:

Probably because Auburn supposed to be his last visit before signing day. 

We’ve all known that for weeks. But the tweeter insinuates he said it during his bammer visit.

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

We’ve all known that for weeks. But the tweeter insinuates he said it during his bammer visit.

To me it looks like two different actions being pieced together to create a narrative. If he really did that (which would be very bold) it would be talked about all over the place 

Just now, e808 said:

To me it looks like two different actions being pieced together to create a narrative. If he really did that (which would be very bold) it would be talked about all over the place 

Which is why Detective Frank Drebin was brought in to keep the peace.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUfan_UAgrad said:

Alabama commit Jaylen Mbakwe says five-star WR Ryan Williams is a 'lock' to commit to the Crimson Tide

Alabama commit Jaylen Mbakwe says five-star WR Ryan Williams is a 'lock' to commit to the Crimson Tide (msn.com)

The visit with Roll Tide Willie must have influenced his decision... 🤣

2 hours ago, AUfan_UAgrad said:

Alabama commit Jaylen Mbakwe says five-star WR Ryan Williams is a 'lock' to commit to the Crimson Tide

IMG_0968.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, gctiger said:

The visit with Roll Tide Willie must have influenced his decision... 🤣

Reminds me of lyrics from the old Charlie Daniel’s song “ Uneasy Rider”……” he may look dumb, but that’s just a disguise. He’s a mastermind in the ways of espionage “

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Reminds me of lyrics from the old Charlie Daniel’s song “ Uneasy Rider”……” he may look dumb, but that’s just a disguise. He’s a mastermind in the ways of espionage “

I wonder if he has green teeth 🤔

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AUfan_UAgrad said:

Alabama commit Jaylen Mbakwe says five-star WR Ryan Williams is a 'lock' to commit to the Crimson Tide (msn.com)

That’s impressive that of allllllllllllll the peeps close to Williams, a current commit was able to scoop everyone else. Kudos to that guy. No need for February 9th. Announcement aborted.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Viper said:

That’s impressive that of allllllllllllll the peeps close to Williams, a current commit was able to scoop everyone else. Kudos to that guy. No need for February 9th. Announcement aborted.

At least it was reported by the netural, unbiased, credible news source of "Roll Tide Wire," with its 802 followers.

1 hour ago, Crypto Dentist said:

It may not be $puat but it appears he is locked in somewhere.

Texas pretty much got what they need at WR in the portal.  They still gotta be unhappy about the cancellation though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crypto Dentist said:

Has to mean it is down to either us or Bama. Glad we have the last visit.

8 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Has to mean it is down to either us or Bama. Glad we have the last visit.

Well, if nothing else we can find out during the last visit what Bama offered to get him to cancel the UT visit.  We can then decide if we want to match or exceed.  How important is he with 4 very good WR's already in the stable and could the money required be better used for other needs?  Guess that is where we are at now.  Let's just hope he doesn't cancel his visit to us.  If so, we know the answer.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Well, if nothing else we can find out during the last visit what Bama offered to get him to cancel the UT visit.  We can then decide if we want to match or exceed.  How important is he with 4 very good WR's already in the stable and could the money required be better used for other needs?  Guess that is where we are at now.  Let's just hope he doesn't cancel his visit to us.  If so, we know the answer.

He's not the least bit concerned about the other receivers we've signed.  He knows he is extremely talented and will see the field, probably as a starter, day 1.  The kid is simply SPECIAL!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, tinman1 said:

He's not the least bit concerned about the other receivers we've signed.  He knows he is extremely talented and will see the field, probably as a starter, day 1.  The kid is simply SPECIAL!

THIS

12 hours ago, roe4christ said:

It has been said amongst some of the informants that we would not be outbid.  He will defo take the last 2 visits unless the Bama offer is just astronomical and/or had an expiration date on it.  My people seem to have cooled on thinking he was an AU lock, others on the board that are very well connected still like where we are.

As for his importance, it is likely that a couple of these kids will transfer out anyway.  I'd like to have the best options on the table and let their strength weed out the weak.  As talented as this kid is, he'd be an important get for any program