2024 Recruiting Thread

Zeek

37 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Agree. Imo top 8 would be amazing. At some point we’ll have to add more lineman. And most of those will probably be 3*s given what’s available. 

We'll get OL DeAndre Carter. Not sure what other linemen are realistic.

FWIW - Saban wasn't landing a full slate of 4/5 star O-linemen his first 2 classes, but he obviously got Jones & Ingram in 08 and then the O-linemen dominoes started falling i.e. Fluker.

EDIT: And just a few mins after your post, a 3-star OL committed.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Total score. Even though I do, most people nationally don't give a rat's ass about rating per commit.

Then they're not reviewing the full picture as GA has 12 more 2024 commits than AU, hence their #1 total score per on3.com.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not even close to a given. Still have a long way to go & still have to add a good humber of high rated recruits to get in the top 5 in the end.

E is right as usual. Like E has said many times rating is very important in what type of players you are adding. We have recently added some really good players that have pushed our per player rating up. with the quality of players and the numbers slowly going  (we now have 14) up we are at 17th in 247 Team rankings.  With the exception of bama every other team ahead of us has anywhere between 16 and 26 players who have announced a commitment.  Some of the ones with 20 or more commits with lower per player ranking we might catch and pass if the newer players are ranked high but not all of the players we are looking at are 4* and 5* type players so it is possible as our numbers go up our ranking will go down.  

I am not being a Debby Downer but every domino would have to fall for us to get into top 5.  Top 10 is a reasonable goal. Anything in top 10 will be awesome.  Personally could see us getting to around 7 or 8. 

The reason I don't think we will get to top 5 is we have done great so far but still missing on O-line. There are not to many top rated O-line left that we have been pursuing so we will have to leave spots in our class for transfers.  Transfers don't help the HS class ranking but they help the team which is more important. 

Hugh and this staff have a plan and it is going gang busters so far.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 5

Did Reese Baker make it to BCW and are we still pushing for him? 

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Did Reese Baker make it to BCW

@AuburnNTexas Didn't make it to AU or Troy as planned because he was sick.

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

are we still pushing for him? 

Bird & Cole Pinkston believe we are not FWIW.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

3* OL Ole Miss commit

Anybody else physically convulse seeing a recruit post offer pics with Harsin in them? I SCREAMED for a moment thinking this was all a fever dream and Harsin was still here reeling in 2 Star long snappers from Nebraska.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Did Reese Baker make it to BCW and are we still pushing for him? 

No and no 

18 minutes ago, bikeriderga said:

By end of day Saturday August 5th, we could add the following commits to this class. Phenomenal !!

1.  KJ Bolden (52% AU).  - 5 star

2.  Jalewis Solomon (55% AU).   - 4 Star

3.  DeAndre Carter (65% AU)  -- 4 Star

4. TJ Lindsey (62% AU)   =- 4 star

That would give us 18 total recruits, 3  5 stars,  13 four stars, and 2 3 stars!! Incredible!

It would cap the greatest 10 days in auburn recruiting history.  We would have added 3 5* kids, a top 100 4* OL, and 3 solidly ranked 4* kids.  7 high caliber players in 10 days

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Like 1

This staff is kicking butt. Not just quality players but doing it in a balanced way that meets all of our needs.  

Defense

DB's already have a stellar class but still adding to it. (Faustin, Lewis, Lane, Crawford) Trying to add Patterson and Bolden.

LB already a stellar class but still adding to it. (Riddick, Barber) Trying to add one more maybe Shaw.

D-Line - have one solid player but still adding to it. (Blockton) Trying to add Lindsey and 1 or 2 more.

Edge - want 1 and have Phillips.

Offense

QB - Have White and we are done

RB - Have Burnette and trying to add one more

WR - Stellar class so far. (Simmons, Thompson, Cain) - might add one more if right one but not needed.

TE - we have Collins - Need one more looking but so far no go will probably need to use Portal.

O-Line - Weak spot so far but just added IOL Senda from 2023 class looking good for Carter - there is talk of flipping an SEC commit but we will probably need to use Portal.

So far the quality is there also quality that meets our needs and the numbers are growing literally day by day.

With our needs going into this year they have used Portal judiciously to meet immediate needs and are using HS class to help with needs for future with some players who could even help in 2024 while still leaving spots open in Portal.

This staff has a long range plan for Auburn. They are implementing it with high quality players based on rank per player, they are trying to fill needs at each position but if not able to meet each positions need in HS class they have a backup in the Portal.

• Like 4

Hypothetically....

If we add Bolden, Carter, Solomon & Lindsey we'll have the #3 class in the SEC & #4 ranked class in the nation per 247

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Hypothetically....

If we add Bolden, Carter, Solomon & Lindsey we'll have the #3 class in the SEC & #4 ranked class in the nation per 247

Noticed that too but I didn't post it because I don't wanna jinx it, Especially with Bolden & Solomon.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Noticed that too but I didn't post it because I don't wanna jinx it, Especially with Bolden & Solomon.

U the most superstitious cat , I know. 

Not in yellow font😃

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

U the most superstitious cat , I know. 

Not in yellow font😃

Heck, it took me a lot just to look it up. lol

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Top 10 is a reasonable goal. Anything in top 10 will be awesome.  Personally could see us getting to around 7 or 8. 

This is fantastic!   And I agree.   If we’re consistently in the top 10 (and with CHF I expect we will) we can compete with the best of the best consistently year in and year out!   That is exactly where I have hoped AU football would be for many many years!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Hypothetically....

Interesting ... wonderfully interesting 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Interesting ... wonderfully interesting 

You crack me up with your “bigbirdisms”, or hints, as the normal people call them- of which I am not! 😝 

Nope, name change!

”bigbirddroppings”, yep that’s it.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Georgia seems to be all giddy about Bolden now.. All"Dawg" is what they like to say 

It's recruiting, nothing is ever over.  

21 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Georgia seems to be all giddy about Bolden now.. All"Dawg" is what they like to say 

Where are they getting this confidence from? Because after BCW, it sounded like he's Auburn bound.