2024 4* RB J'Marion "Phat" Burnette decommits From AU

ellitor

Another tidbit of information on Phat is he and Zavier Hamilton the 4* from Navarre, Fl were teammates their Sophomore year, maybe they formed a friendship and we can get a package deal.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2023 at 11:48 AM, rophle said:

His junior year numbers are lower than his sophomore year because he had more help this season. His backup was able to take a lot of his carries to help lighten the load, and the team had a passing game that allowed them to be more balanced. 
He also had a serious concussion against Anniston in the third round of the playoffs that cost him the final two games of the season. 

I heard from one of the locals this past weekend that the rumor on the street is that he suffered a brain bleed that sat him out the last couple of games. I heard there were even questions if he would play football again. I hope that isn’t true! Really looking forward to him committing soon. 

7 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

I heard from one of the locals this past weekend that the rumor on the street is that he suffered a brain bleed that sat him out the last couple of games. I heard there were even questions if he would play football again. I hope that isn’t true! Really looking forward to him committing soon. 

Yeah, the brain bleed part is true, he spent two days in the hospital because of it, but he’s expected to be back. 

• Like 1

Woah if he suffered a brain bleed then that’s super serious. Even if he does commit to us, we’re probably gone want at least another RB commit in our class

23 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Woah if he suffered a brain bleed then that’s super serious. Even if he does commit to us, we’re probably gone want at least another RB commit in our class

Yeah, I’m sure Caddy and Freeze know all about it, so I trust them to act accordingly. 

• Like 1

can one of you medical people that know what you are talking about tell me how serious this is? 

Knowing nothing about brain bleed,  this sounds ridiculously serious to me.

Does anyone know if this is a Football related injury or something that happened off the field?

Is it likely to cause future problems, reoccur, etc?

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

can one of you medical people that know what you are talking about tell me how serious this is? 

Knowing nothing about brain bleed,  this sounds ridiculously serious to me.

Does anyone know if this is a Football related injury or something that happened off the field?

Is it likely to cause future problems, reoccur, etc?

I don’t know the seriousness of it, I’m far from being a doctor, but he still hasn’t started lifting weights with the team yet if that’s any indication. 

It was a football related injury, it happened in the 3rd round of the playoffs against Anniston.  

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Terry Beasley's sad story is one glaring example of what can happen when the brain is involved in football injuries. Let's hope this young man has a good future, be it with or without football.

Terry may be the toughest guy to ever wear an Auburn uniform.  Bless him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ken woolley said:

Is brain bleed different than a stroke?

Yes….a stroke is from lack of blood to a part of the brain but it’s often caused by a brain bleed….that can be caused by traumatic injury, spontaneous burst of a vessel, or blockage.  

4 hours ago, ken woolley said:

Thanks for your answer, AUGirl. If I understand a stroke can be caused by something other a brain bleed. But, can you have a brain bleed without it causing a stroke.  Sorry I am so obtuse. 

Paging @passthebiscuits. You are wanted in the Phat Burnette thread.

Strokes are either ischemic or hemorrhagic.  80% strokes are ischemic, blockage related like heart attack.  The rest are hemorrhagic and much much worse usually.  A hemorrhagic stroke and a “brain bleed” are NOT always the same.  Intracranial bleeds are common w blunt force head trauma, like subdural hematomas, and May or may not cause any lingering effects. I’m just in internal medicine and not a neurosurgeon but MY boy wouldn’t be playing anymore football if that occurred 

sure hope the RB is ok and on the right track. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, TigerPAC said:

Strokes are either ischemic or hemorrhagic.  80% strokes are ischemic, blockage related like heart attack.  The rest are hemorrhagic and much much worse usually.  A hemorrhagic stroke and a “brain bleed” are NOT always the same.  Intracranial bleeds are common w blunt force head trauma, like subdural hematomas, and May or may not cause any lingering effects. I’m just in internal medicine and not a neurosurgeon but MY boy wouldn’t be playing anymore football if that occurred 

sure hope the RB is ok and on the right track. 

I second this. 

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

Paging @passthebiscuits. You are wanted in the Phat Burnette thread.

One could guess that the player had a small subdural bleed from impact. Young healthy folks usually do ok. I can guarantee that if he’s cleared to play, he will have completed a battery of tests. Like someone else said, If he’s my son, I don’t want him playing again. But it’s hard to tell some kids with that kind of talent not to go 100%. 

• Like 4

On 2/14/2023 at 9:10 PM, CameronCrazy said:

I hope that isn’t true! Really looking forward to him committing soon. 

I think at this point it is a little more important than football. Let's hope he can continue being a student and continuing to be young and healthy .

• Like 6
  • Love 1

On 2/15/2023 at 11:26 PM, passthebiscuits said:

One could guess that the player had a small subdural bleed from impact. Young healthy folks usually do ok. I can guarantee that if he’s cleared to play, he will have completed a battery of tests. Like someone else said, If he’s my son, I don’t want him playing again. But it’s hard to tell some kids with that kind of talent not to go 100%. 

Thanks for the info.  That stinks.   Praying for his health and recovery.   

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nice! Kid is deceptively fast. Looks slow actually on Hudl but I think its just because he has such a long stride, when he gets past the LB's he's hard to catch. Would be great in the slot as well. Also those WR's did awesome at blocking and staying on their blocks. Refreshing to see. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wareagle19580 said:

Suppose to commit Friday per 247. Crystal Ball to Auburn by Christian Clemente of AU 247.

ngl....worried about his brain bleed.  That's kinda scary, but a great RB pull if his brain is fine

• Like 2

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

ngl....worried about his brain bleed.  That's kinda scary, but a great RB pull if his brain is fine

I get that but he was cleared by the doctors...someone on Rant saying it was a concussion. 🤷‍♂️

Sadly none of the recruiting services say anything about a commitment date...I'm ready to get another one!

Edited by AUwent

30 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Sadly none of the recruiting services say anything about a commitment date...I'm ready to get another one!

@AUwent AU 247 reported yesterday Phat is planning to commit this Friday.

• Like 4