Biblical Marriage

AURex

9 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

When God created the world it was without sin and perfect. When Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden, evil was released into the world. Satan has been ravaging the world ever since. Satan is the perpetrator of all this evil that you and others are blaming on God and Jesus.  This evil in the world entraps people into following Satan, not Jesus. When you follow Jesus, you repent, turn away from your sinful life, and commit your life to living like Jesus has taught in the Bible through parables, covenants, commandments, and demonstration.  The Bible was written by humans inspired by God (oversight) and yes many of us do believe it is the inerrant Word of God. Ironically some posters here make statements regarding Jesus but their information comes from none other than the Bible. So they believe some of the Bible but not all. That places them on the same level as God; above humans. Sorry but that is absurd. Humans are seriously flawed, only Jesus led a perfect life on earth.  Don't blame God for the actions of sinful humans.

I am a person of faith.  My amazement is that many Christians, especially evangelicals in this country,  believe that the Holy Bible as we know it today is the un altered word of God.  It is simpler that way and until their personal lives conflict with scripture, they hold to it with a firm grip.

People have used religion for centuries to control others and to elevate themselves.  That is a fact.  It is also true that faith is an important part of community in most thriving cultures.  The struggle should be to emphasize the good, grow the good, and control the negative impulses of those that want to use scripture for their personal benefit.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

When God created the world it was without sin and perfect. When Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden of Eden, evil was released into the world. Satan has been ravaging the world ever since. Satan is the perpetrator of all this evil that you and others are blaming on God and Jesus.  This evil in the world entraps people into following Satan, not Jesus. When you follow Jesus, you repent, turn away from your sinful life, and commit your life to living like Jesus has taught in the Bible through parables, covenants, commandments, and demonstration.  The Bible was written by humans inspired by God (oversight) and yes many of us do believe it is the inerrant Word of God. Ironically some posters here make statements regarding Jesus but their information comes from none other than the Bible. So they believe some of the Bible but not all. That places them on the same level as God; above humans. Sorry but that is absurd. Humans are seriously flawed, only Jesus led a perfect life on earth.  Don't blame God for the actions of sinful humans.

I skimmed through the gibber jabber to get to the meat of the post. 

The Bible was written by humans inspired by God (oversight)

So anyone could just say they were inspired by God and write what they wanted. Got it. Who oversaw the humans? God? So every single thing that is in the Bible was inspired by what God actually wanted. Got it. I gotta tell you, you're not doing a great job of selling the idea of God's word. 

"Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse." (1 Peter 2:18)

"When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again."

^^^ So God reviewed and rubberstamped this^^

Ironically some posters here make statements regarding Jesus but their information comes from none other than the Bible. So they believe some of the Bible but not all.

I personally only use Jesus' teachings to point out the absolute hypocrisy that Christians display constantly. I believe his teaching are a good source of inspiration and guidance on the same level I believe anyone with a solid mindset and good message can provide wisdom and guidance. But I also understand that there is absolutely no way to prove that Jesus ever said these things for real or that is all he said, because I didn't see him say it and idea and philosophies get watered down and changed over time. 

So they believe some of the Bible but not all. That places them on the same level as God; above humans. Sorry but that is absurd. 

Are you advocating for a "you believe it all or none of it" mindset. See my first answer to you above? You really subscribe to these ideas? If so, shame on you.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

With that I guess we are all carbon based life forms competing for food, shelter, and breeding rights.

Isn't that what everything on this earth is doing? You see it everyday. How is that so far fetched?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

There is no doubt that pain, suffering, and death in various horrible ways that is part of our everyday lives. There is no escaping it.  I choose to believe that one day all tears will be wiped away and that death shall be no more. 

But as a believer, you don't want to know why it has to be that way? What good came from a 2 year old child being grabbed by an alligator and dragged under water and killed, in front of his parents? How is that a teaching moment or an opportunity for growth in the eyes of an all powerful being. Sounds more like a child with a magnifying glass torturing ants than a loving merciful God to me. 

I'm not asking you to change your faith. I'm genuinely fascinated by the possibilities of the answers.

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Ironically some posters here make statements regarding Jesus but their information comes from none other than the Bible. So they believe some of the Bible but not all. That places them on the same level as God; above humans. Sorry but that is absurd.

NO, it merely means that some do not equate the bible with Jesus.  For centuries, humans (particularly those who wish to make the book, inerrant) have used the bible to justify inhumanities.  The love of Jesus never leads us to commit such acts.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

NO, it merely means that some do not equate the bible with Jesus.  For centuries, humans (particularly those who wish to make the book, inerrant) have used the bible to justify inhumanities.  The love of Jesus never leads us to commit such acts.

Exactly. Satan is the cause of these people of which you speak using the Bible to justify inhumanities. Not caused by the Bible. Caused by satan. 

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

But as a believer, you don't want to know why it has to be that way, What good came from a 2 year old child being grabbed by an alligator and dragged under water and killed, in front of his parents? How is that a teaching moment or an opportunity for growth in the eyes of an all powerful being. Sounds more like a child with a magnifying glass torturing ants that a loving merciful God to me. 

I have had a loved one tied up and brutally tortured and the bludgeoned to death by an escaped felon.  Not the same as a child eaten by an alligator.  I still have my questions but I have faith that in time those questions will be answered. I choose to believe.  Understand why someone who has experienced such loss may choose not to believe.      

• Like 2

Just now, jj3jordan said:

Exactly. Satan is the cause of these people of which you speak using the Bible to justify inhumanities. Not caused by the Bible. Caused by satan. 

The injustices are spelled out in the bible. In clear words. So are you saying that Satan wrote parts of the bible?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

I have had a loved one tied up and brutally tortured and the bludgeoned to death by an escaped felon.  Not the same as a child eaten by an alligator.  I still have my questions but I have faith that in time those questions will be answered. I choose to believe.  Understand why someone who has experienced such loss may choose not to believe.      

Fair. I hope that you use that unwavering faith in good to support good people who may be different and advocate for their right to purse life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. 

4 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

But that is just it.  The bible is open to various translations, revisions interpretations.  The love of Jesus is not.

Knowing Jesus is the goal, the bible is merely a guide.  Do not make the book, God.

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Satan cannot distort the love of Jesus.  Live in His love.  He is the word.

17 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

But that is just it.  The bible is open to various translations, revisions interpretations.  The love of Jesus is not.

Knowing Jesus is the goal, the bible is merely a guide.  Do not make the book, God.

you are on a roll today ichy. you are making some on here uncomfortable so i am surprised no insults for the most part. but you are dead on. people are failing jesus every single day.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you are on a roll today ichy.

No he isn’t. Repeating what he always says. “Do not make the Bible God”.

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JMWATS said:

With that I guess we are all carbon based life forms competing for food, shelter, and breeding rights.

Without a sense of humanity, that is all we are, animals.  Our duty as humans is to rise above that level.  Our duty from Jesus is to love all of humanity.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

No he isn’t. Repeating what he always says. “Do not make the Bible God”.

you do you and let me do me salty. what is the big deal?

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Just trying to help you out Fiddy.

you would help me out more meeting me and giving me a tour of the new stuff at auburn. i know how to get to east glenn and i want to see the if my old bridge at the park is there. i have seen none of the statues not been to the foootball museum since it first opened. i assure you i am non violent. but if you make i quick move i might crack you with my purse. lets go to the skybar and throw down...............grins. um drinking and smoking. i want you to toodle me around on the golf cart. i might spring for a meal.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

you would help me out more meeting me and giving me a tour of the new stuff at auburn. i know how to get to east glenn and i want to see the if my old bridge at the park is there. i have seen none of the statues not been to the foootball museum since it first opened. i assure you i am non violent. but if you make i quick move i might crack you with my purse. lets go to the skybar and throw down...............grins. um drinking and smoking. i want you to toodle me around on the golf cart. i might spring for a meal.

I don’t do skybar.

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

I don’t do skybar.

i just want to see the place. i always thought it was on the outskirts of the city and was shocked that it is right downtown?

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

But God created Satan (as an angel), and Satan 'betrayed' God in Heaven itself and then was expelled (not destroyed) by God and then was given the power and influence (by God) to cause suffering, chaos, and billions of lost souls on the earth that God later created. God could have forbid Satan from influencing humanity, but decided not to. 

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

No. The cause is giving into a choice to be influenced by Satan and not fully living by faith and following Jesus' examples. The ultimate responsibility is ours....we can't blame it on Satan, that's just an excuse.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

^^^ So God reviewed and rubberstamped this^^

No. You need to read and study the Bible in entirety to have any sort of understanding. I certainly have a long way to go but make it a point to read through the Bible complete once a year. Have done so for years and takes about 20 minutes to 30 minutes per morning. 

I agree with you totally in Christian hypocrisy and it is addressed in the Bible. Read Jude and how bad it gets close to times end. Only one or two pages. 

No way anyone can understand Jesus teachings without knowledge of the Old Testament. You are correct in “cherry picking” versus and using them as sword yet you do the same as shown in your post.

key word is study.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

No. You need to read and study the Bible in entirety to have any sort of understanding. I certainly have a long way to go but make it a point to read through the Bible complete once a year. Have done so for years and takes about 20 minutes to 30 minutes per morning. 

I agree with you totally in Christian hypocrisy and it is addressed in the Bible. Read Jude and how bad it gets close to times end. Only one or two pages. 

No way anyone can understand Jesus teachings without knowledge of the Old Testament. You are correct in “cherry picking” versus and using them as sword yet you do the same as shown in your post.

key word is study.

If you want to know the bible.

Knowing Jesus takes more.  It is a more spiritual pursuit.  The key word is love.

6 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The injustices are spelled out in the bible. In clear words. So are you saying that Satan wrote parts of the bible?

Satan is quoted in the Bible when he tempted Jesus in the New Testament. I wouldn’t call Satan an author, but the importance of this interaction between Jesus and Satan is important.