Auburn @ Texas A&M Score Predictions

Zeek

4 hours ago, Viper said:

They are much better this year than last. Not even close. Stats prove it.

Petrino left Louisville with a 12-1 record. 

Left Arkansas with a 11-2 record.

Without Lamar, left Louisville the 2nd time with a 2-7 record.

So 2 out of 3.

What he achieved at those two programs hasn’t been duplicated since and likely won’t be duplicated or surpassed in our lifetimes again. 

Runs play action and throws to the TE. Have you watched the NFL the last several years?

Good point, but he does have a good QB this year. I think they sleepwalked through the Miami game. I so hope I’m wrong, but to me, we don’t appear to be a well coached team at all right now. I’m afraid it’s about to show in some bad games too. Not sure PM has a talented enough pure QB on this team or enough weapons at WR. This game will tell us tons and if we do happen to win, JF will not be there another year. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

$77m buyout.  Can’t imagine the optics.

A&M married the best divorce lawyer in town and her name is Jimmy Sexton.

You want rid of her? Get ready to hand over the bank accts, the house and the keys to that shiny red Ferrari.

1 minute ago, Viper said:

A&M married the best divorce lawyer in town and her name is Jimmy Sexton.

You want rid of her? Get ready to hand over the bank accts, the house and the keys to that shiny red Ferrari.

I can see legislation  trying to be passed. The national uproar would be  crazy.

20 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Usually, I am an optimist. But taking off my orange and blue glasses, this is what I see …

We can’t run the ball. Thorne is our leading rusher this season. OL is having trouble. RB are slow to hit the hole, maybe because there is not one. That is shocking.  
We turn the ball over constantly which is our biggest problem. 
WRs are not making plays. 
Injury bug hit us. Our best nickel is out for the season. 

We are playing on the road against a coach that cannot lose this game… for his own job is on the line. Their QB leads the league in QBR. Their defense is 3rd in the country in 3rd down defense. They have more talent than us at just about every position. We are over a TD underdog now.

Keeping it close would be a surprise.  Winning would be shocking. 

I would rather play any other team in the SEC this week. 

image.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Auburn seems to match up pretty well on paper. TAMU has the more efficient offense, while Auburn has the stronger defense.

image.png

This is also pretty interesting. Thorne is not exactly lighting it up out there like Weigman has, but the pass defense for both are complete opposites. Now, Auburn is banged up in the secondar but could still make some plays. Thorne will have opportunities to exploit this TAMU secondary. If so, then Auburn could have a big day!

image.png

I'm not quite sure Auburn has gotten rid of the turnover bug so I will lean TAMU here 24-21.

Edited by southern_sports
  • Thanks 1

Usually,  I’m a pessimist in situations like this, but I gotta feeling for some dang reason.

Auburn 34 - Texas A&M 23

If it does happen, watch for crowd shots in the 4Q as the Aggie faithful pass the collection plate to raise funds for the buyout (aka - Sexton Exit Fund). 

Rule of thumb in college football is "talent wins." Thus UGA, Bama and LSU win most of their games because they are stacked 3 deep with top recruits.

But there's also the contrary. Sometimes (and that is really just sometimes) coaching wins even with less talent. And it is reality that Jimbo has a roster that has as much talent as the best teams in the SEC, but he is a crappy coach running old schemes and under-motivated, under-coached players.

Does that level the prospects for Auburn on Saturday? The talent view says we get clobbered. The coaching view says we got a chance.

But not much of one, IMO.

Collie hankie wavers by 14.

I sure hope I'm wrong -- in the positive direction for the good guys.

Going into the season I had this game as a loss, mostly because I thought we would still be going through some growing pains. Fast forward to now and my thoughts then are accurate to now. 

I also thought that Texas A&M would handle Miami , but we all see how that turned out.

If Texas A&M losses this game I believe the wheels would fall off of the Jimbo Fisher train , they have already lost a game so they’re gonna be in desperate mode. 

With all that in mind I’ll go with 

Auburn 24

Texas A&M 27

18 hours ago, e808 said:

Respectfully what makes u think Auburn can’t beat any middle of the road SEC team or alleged top tier teams. From what I have seen all of the SEC teams could lose on any given Saturday. The SEC as a conference is down. Auburn just needs to navigate this rough stretch. After that all games are very winnable IMO.
It looks ugly on the Auburn side because of penalties and turnovers. It’s really hard to gauge the identity of this team. 

I hope I'm wrong but to clarify I don't think there are many middle of the road SEC teams . They are either top tier ( Ga, Alabama, LSU's) or bottom ( Vandy, Miss. St., Missouri etc.)  From what I have see so far we won't be favored against, TA&M, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, possibly Arkansas or Alabama. Of those I think our best shot is Arkansas. Maybe I'm just pessimistic because of the last couple of years but until we beat one of those teams I won't believe it. I do feel we are headed in the right direction I just don't think we are there yet.  

• Like 1

I won't make a score prediction, but just imagine if we win the kind of propulsion we would have for the rest of the season, which would compound into the following season.  I think this is a very important game for us.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bg5 said:

I hope I'm wrong but to clarify I don't think there are many middle of the road SEC teams . They are either top tier ( Ga, Alabama, LSU's) or bottom ( Vandy, Miss. St., Missouri etc.)  From what I have see so far we won't be favored against, TA&M, Georgia, LSU, Ole Miss, possibly Arkansas or Alabama. Of those I think our best shot is Arkansas. Maybe I'm just pessimistic because of the last couple of years but until we beat one of those teams I won't believe it. I do feel we are headed in the right direction I just don't think we are there yet.  

Just a little food for thought. Only Georgia has been soundly beating Auburn over the last couple of years. In 2021 Bo had a historic performance against a more talented LSU team. Even last year they were dead in the water until they got that turnover. Auburn always plays Bama hard and they are more vulnerable this year than ever even with the talent advantage. It’s hard to gauge the overall team because it’s either been turnovers , penalties or the offense appearing to be working on things

• Like 1

There is a lot of strength on strength and weakness on weakness in this game.   It will be interesting to see which ones prevail.   

One thing I’m really looking for will be how well Weigman picks up the blitz and how he responds to it.   I’m certain we will run some crazy blitzes at him.  He didn’t pick them up well against Miami.   Those blitzes can cause a lot of havoc (sacks, hurries, picks, etc.), but they leave the defense vulnerable behind the blitz.   Very good QBs can recognize and adjust.  Very good WRs can recognize and adjust their routes.  This is one major key to the game!   (Me personally, I hope they learned nothing from the Miami game!😁)
For our O, I really want to see some sustained drives.   Tamu has a bend don’t break defense.   If we take what they give us and sustain some drives we can A. Get points, even if we bog down in the red zone our kicker can get us points!   And B.  Keep their offense off the field!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

There is a lot of strength on strength and weakness on weakness in this game.   It will be interesting to see which ones prevail.   

One thing I’m really looking for will be how well Weigman picks up the blitz and how he responds to it.   I’m certain we will run some crazy blitzes at him.  He didn’t pick them up well against Miami.   Those blitzes can cause a lot of havoc (sacks, hurries, picks, etc.), but they leave the defense vulnerable behind the blitz.   Very good QBs can recognize and adjust.  Very good WRs can recognize and adjust their routes.  This is one major key to the game!   (Me personally, I hope they learned nothing from the Miami game!😁)
For our O, I really want to see some sustained drives.   Tamu has a bend don’t break defense.   If we take what they give us and sustain some drives we can A. Get points, even if we bog down in the red zone our kicker can get us points!   And B.  Keep their offense off the field!

They scored 33 against Miami. They did pretty good. It was their pass protection that cost them that game not the offense IMO.