2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I know we are not looking to sign a RB, but Napier is losing his best:

Wow....that's a shame...🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I know we are not looking to sign a RB, but Napier is losing his best:

UF has to be deciding how long they can keep Napier around. It just keeps getting worse.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, CR said:

UF has to be deciding how long they can keep Napier around. It just keeps getting worse.

If we can take some of his committed players it may hasten his departure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

He reminds me of Elijah McAllister.  He’s very mature, all-in for his team and school, and has leadership written all over him.  Don’t know what kind of player he is.  I’m just going by what I’ve seen and read.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

If we can take some of his committed players it may hasten his departure.

Not sure that would be a good thing. A Bama friend of mine is scared to death of Deion going to Florida. He would lock down a bunch of top tier talent at that school 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jluvah said:

Not sure that would be a good thing. A Bama friend of mine is scared to death of Deion going to Florida. He would lock down a bunch of top tier talent at that school 

I think Florida will ride with Napier for another year.  Then I hear they want to get rid of both the AD and Napier.  That would be a real cluster.  We did that but we had a year to work on the details.

Deion will have to improve his coaching results to be able to be considered for the Florida job, IMO.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HAPvsOA said:

Lots of offers, no commitments. Interesting strategy. 

@HAPvsOA i'm curious as to why you are expecting commits by the 4th day of a 30 day open portal window? Seems unrealistic in many cases.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@HAPvsOA i'm curious as to why you are expecting commits by the 4th day of a 30 day open portal window? Seems unrealistic in many cases.

Clearly we are an unrealistic and impatient bunch Ellitor. Me included 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I think Florida will ride with Napier for another year.

I think Napier is fired mid season.  Their schedule next year is absolutely the most brutal I think I have ever seen. 

This is an article from a UF site and gives some insight into that program and how mismanaged it has been under Napier, specifically with the staff.  It’s a complete mess. 

There is also a lot of chatter DJ Lagway is looking around.  Apparently he started following some Texas A&M sites.  This class is already starting to fall apart, and if he loses Lagway that might be the death knell for him. 

https://insidethegators.com/2023/11/28/five-thoughts-staff-shake-up/?fbclid=IwAR3G086NK0zmOJC9Kd0JmbnaismDTLsvkQLwdWRHSn3BtKpp13WaM1Ea9qY

• Like 2

image.png

Memphis football starting left tackle Makylan Pounders enters the transfer portal

Jonah Dylan

Memphis Commercial Appeal

Memphis football starting left tackle Makylan Pounders has entered the transfer portal.

In an Instagram story, Pounders had a a blue heart emoji in front of a post from 247Sports that said he'd entered the portal. Pounders also responded to the 247 Tweet with a phone emoji on X, formerly Twitter.

Pounders, a redshirt sophomore, was the Tigers' left tackle for most of the season. He entered 2022 as a starter as well but was injured in the opener against Mississippi State and played sparingly after that.

Memphis will have work to do to rebuild the offensive line in the portal. Davion Carter, who started all 12 games at right guard, announced last week that he was entering the portal. Terrance McClain, who filled in at right tackle when there were injuries, announced he is heading to the NFL Draft.

Center Jacob Likes could come back for his final year of eligibility.

A 6-5, 290-pound tackle from Byhalia, Mississippi, Pounders committed to Memphis over offers from several Power Five schools.

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I think Napier is fired mid season.  Their schedule next year is absolutely the most brutal I think I have ever seen. 

This is an article from a UF site and gives some insight into that program and how mismanaged it has been under Napier, specifically with the staff.  It’s a complete mess. 

There is also a lot of chatter DJ Lagway is looking around.  Apparently he started following some Texas A&M sites.  This class is already starting to fall apart, and if he loses Lagway that might be the death knell for him. 

https://insidethegators.com/2023/11/28/five-thoughts-staff-shake-up/?fbclid=IwAR3G086NK0zmOJC9Kd0JmbnaismDTLsvkQLwdWRHSn3BtKpp13WaM1Ea9qY

A mid season firing is possible and if they follow Auburn’s lead we will see an AD search and hiring before that happens.  I believe I read that Napier’s buyout is around $32 million which won’t be a problem, so this year is going to be a ride for the Gators.

I wouldn’t think a mid season hiring is even possible for them.  It will be a bigger rebuild than Auburn’s situation.

ETA:  their class is falling apart and I hope we can pick up a few from them.

Edited by I_M4_AU

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I think Florida will ride with Napier for another year.  Then I hear they want to get rid of both the AD and Napier.  That would be a real cluster.  We did that but we had a year to work on the details.

Deion will have to improve his coaching results to be able to be considered for the Florida job, IMO.

I think Deion would be another Ron Zook at Florida. Pretty good recruiter but just an average coach. 

• Like 2