2024 Transfer Portal Thread (Merged Zeek's New Thread)

AU80cruiser

5 hours ago, CCTAU said:

I thought Wes had been discussed. Excellent person, step slow. Freshmen aren’t passing him by because he is not liked, or worked hard, or hasn’t been given a chance to prove himself. After a couple of seasons, one realizes they are a step too slow for this level of football.

The freshmen leaving now did not even give themselves a chance after their redshirt year to see if they would progress. 

These are two different scenarios.

Everybody ( coaches, teams, and players) are searching for whats best for them. Better get used to new teams each year and learn to enjoy it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, cbo said:

There is no loyalty on either side. I get if you don't like that. Just remember it goes both ways. 

Folks need to be reminded of this. It’s been a lopsided business up until recently. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

WR Keandre Lambert-Smith from Penn state made his final 2. Us & Texas A&M. 

anybody know how we standing? 

Freeze has landed solid contributors but not big fish from the portal. So I'm going to guess "no" and hope that I'm wrong. 

• Like 2

K.Lambert Smith is looking for WR1 NIL payout.  He would be at 2/3WR type WR for us. Providing depth and experience.  I doubt Auburn will put out WR1 (Cam Coleman) type NIL for this guy.  I'm sure CHF has said "here's what we can do for you (take it or leave it).

Edited by AUY2K

12 hours ago, cbo said:

Freeze has landed solid contributors but not big fish from the portal. So I'm going to guess "no" and hope that I'm wrong. 

If A&M really wants him, you're not wrong. And there's really nothing AU or any coach could do about it, if money is all that matters.

13 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

If A&M really wants him, you're not wrong. And there's really nothing AU or any coach could do about it, if money is all that matters.

Sad but true.

13 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Likely getting outbid

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Likely getting outbid

TAMU has the $$$ edge.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Likely getting outbid

TexAgs seems to think we lead due to a staff member who Lambert has had a relationship with for a while. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Zeek said:

Hood stings a little but not as much as some might think. Keionte Scott, Kayin Lee, Champ Anthony, Jay Crawford, and Jerrin Thomson are all ahead of him for me. I’d like to see Auburn get longer at corner too instead of 5’11” I’d love to see more rangey 6’2” guys. Makes a difference. 

Don't forget about Kite

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Zeek said:

I’d like to see Auburn get longer at corner too instead of 5’11” I’d love to see more rangey 6’2” guys. Makes a difference. 

I’ve thought this same way over the years, however it seems once you get above 6’ 1”, there are few guys who truly excel at DB. I’m not sure what it is. It’s a very reactionary position. Maybe there is a cutoff in which the smaller guys just adjust better. 
That’s not saying they don’t exist, it just seems the very good ones at that size are fewer. It would be nice to have a couple though.

19 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Sounds like we are in good shape as of this afternoon

10 minutes ago, Crypto Dentist said:

The PSU insiders said he has loads of talent but is very lazy

7 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Honest question, how are we going to get the ball to all these guys? 😳

Nice WR crew with plenty of experience. Hopefully PT gets his sh*t together and we can actually have an offense.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Honest question, how are we going to get the ball to all these guys? 😳

Honest Answer: Likely Peyton Thorne. 

No for real, it seems like a lot. But it feels like a good problem given our history. And I'm sure that its common for the "WR U's" to be stacked like this and have high level talent that doesn't see a lot of time as a freshmen. 

On that note, who knows how often Cain and Simmons will see the field this year and there was a suggestion earlier in this thread that there could be 1-2 more transfers out. Not sure if that's still likely though or not.  

Edited by HAPvsOA

If we get him, that should be adequate weapons for PT and this offense. 

• Like 4

BOOM. I’m still worried about Peyton but honestly having better receivers is going to make him so much better. His numbers were much better at MSU when he had a stud like Keon Coleman.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, cbo said:

Wow! I’m surprised and impressed. 

That is a win. I can't believe we outbid TAM with NIL. This is an old fashioned recruiting win based on relationships. This is different from getting unknown guys from North Texas, Hawaii, and small schools. We know the portal now. 

PT has a pile of weapons.  Zero excuses for poor QB play. None. Put boot to ass for AU PT. Let’s go 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1