2024 Early National Signing Day

Zeek

LJ and Favour trending towards UF... lol can't say I think that's wise objectively

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

LJ and Favour trending towards UF... lol can't say I think that's wise objectively

With all the players they lost they probably had a lot of money to throw at them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bishoptf said:

Yes, but when you look at those classes and the star rating, that is by quantity not just quality. This class has the most quality of any class I have seen in the last 30 years since I started following. Basically if you look at star rating, this class kills all of the other classes. At least from what I can find.

• Like 2

A great day. We killed it at WR, DL, Edge, and LB plus we got the QB we wanted. Also two O-line counting the Juco.

So far in Portal a wr, an lb, and a dl. Now we need some O-line in Portal.

• Like 3

UF will now have additional NIL to fork out for LJ, but does LJ want to be on a team where he is constantly being double teamed now.  I think that is the main reason why he waited today to see what was going to actually happen with UFs class.  
Now what is more important to him?

1. Gouge UF for increased NIL to sign with uncertainty at coaching.

or 

2. Come to Auburn with a solid top 10 recruiting class with stability in coaching.

1 minute ago, woodford said:

Looks like LJ goes live at 5:45 EST 

Link?

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

Fong said FL (and he has not been wrong yet). All of the Florida boards are saying that he is staying with Florida. There is no smoke anywhere that he is going to go to Auburn. 

I know I've been down on Coach Freeze about some of his coaching decisions or results but I've said that we couldn't ask for a better recruiter than him. He and the staff have worked their butts off for this 2024 class. Freeze even mentioned in his presser today that he stayed up all night last night trying to close strong with this class.

He has met the goals that I've heard him set publically. When hired he wanted to immediately land a top 5 class in the portal and he did. Then he said the goal was to get to a bowl game and they did. He has said the goal for this 2024 class was top 10 nationally and we're comfortably inside the top 10. He said the goal for the 2025 class is a top 5 nationally and we're currently 5th last time I checked.

Awesome work by Coach Freeze and his staff.

• Love 1

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

People on Twitter saying LJ already signed with UF (on their site, apparently?). 

Yeah, I think this is just for show. I think he already signed according to Florida

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Fong said FL (and he has not been wrong yet). All of the Florida boards are saying that he is staying with Florida. There is no smoke anywhere that he is going to go to Auburn. 

Yeah, people on Twitter saying he's already signed with UF. 

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Yes, but that was based more on quantity and not quality. From a quality standpoint, I don’t think we have ever had a class like this. Maybe not even close to this. 

The 2010 class was ranked #6 and it filled more positions of immediate need, namely QB, RB and OT.

That JUCO QB we got was an adequate game manager. 

• Haha 5

To those wondering why this feels different…

1. It’s been a few years since we’ve had a successful class thanks to the potato boys. After such bad recruiting, it’s extra exciting to see us back at it again.

2. Needs getting met. Malzahn’s classes were still very strong, but we grabbed a lot of gadget players, athletes, etc. while failing to address positions of real need. 

3. No flips. In every good class we’ve had, it seems like we still lost someone late to a last second flip. All the top prospects that were committed to us actually signed with us, and there was no negative last second loss of someone to a rival. 
4. Probably most importantly… We are doing something that had yet to happen. Chizik did okay recruiting against Saban, but still we lost out on some higher profile guys at the last minute. Gus did okay recruiting against Saban, but when both of our rivals simultaneously got great recruiting head coaches, we started struggling to win battles against both of them. In this class, we held our own against them, flipped some top prospects away from them while also holding on to our own commits successfully.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

The 2010 class was ranked #6 and it filled more positions of immediate need, namely QB, RB and OT.

That JUCO QB we got was an adequate game manager. 

The Juco QB is not the pieces that made it a good class at the time. Looking back, it was a great get, though.

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

It has been a minute since I have been on here, but I have a question for the experts.  What is the most 5* players we ever signed in 1 class?

Two.

2010 - Cam and Dyer

2013 - Lawson and Adams

58 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Boosters mustve told them who their next coach will be

Edited by CR

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

The Juco QB is not the pieces that made it a good class at the time. Looking back, it was a great get, though.

Huh? The JUCO QB and OT we got were a part of the final rankings, with the QB being the crown jewel.

22 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

When Zac Etheridge tweeted "We ain't done yet" just a bit ago, I wonder who he is hinting at? McCray signed with Florida. The only one I can think of would be Echols on the OL.

AJ Harris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1