2024 Early National Signing Day

Zeek

Just now, ScotsAU said:

He’s a transfer though. Not sure that would be announced today as part of ESD.

Transfer or not it would be agreat pickup.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Viper said:

Huh? The JUCO QB and OT we got were a part of the final rankings, with the QB being the crown jewel.

You could be correct. I did not remember him as being high coming out of JUCO. I actually did not think they gave JUCO’s a star ranking at that time. Probably wrong though. (My memory… you know).

I went back and checked and you are correct!!! The list shows him as a 5 star. He was also a 5 star coming out of HS. I should learn not to go off my memory!!

Edited by Hank2020

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

LJ and Favour trending towards UF... lol can't say I think that's wise objectively

CB for Echols to LSU. Great class but fizzled at the end with no OL or KJ, Mcray. 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, Auburn93 said:

CB for Echols to LSU. Great class but fizzled at the end with no OL or KJ, Mcray. 

KJ and Mcray were gravy. The whole class isn't done till we finish with Portal recruiting.

• Love 3

18 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

He’s a transfer though. Not sure that would be announced today as part of ESD.

But still he's a db they're trending to get and Zac is the db coach

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aujohnson said:

Am I missing how this is possibly a moot point now that NIL is a thing? Is there any reason that increased NIL and no scholarship can’t get by the 85 limit?

Here is a $20k scholarship and $15k NIL. 

Here is $50k NIL but we don’t have a scholarship available. 

I know the NIL ”doesn’t come from the school “. 

I pointed this out last year and was scoffed at.  There's no earthly reason why the scholarship limit means a thing if a school's NIL fund has the money. Just give Mr. 5* prospect his cash and forget both the scholarship and the (now meaningless) 85 limit.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

You could be correct. I did not remember him as being high coming out of JUCO. I actually did not think they gave JUCO’s a star ranking at that time. Probably wrong though. (My memory… you know).

5-star out of high school in 2007:

https://247sports.com/Player/cam-newton-2495/high-school-39839/

5-star out of JUCO in 2010:

https://n.rivals.com/content/athletes/cameron-newton-10629?view=pv

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Amaris Williams was an Alka-Seltzer?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

There's not a damn bit of fizzle to this class. Hell of a lot of SIZZLE though.   Look where we've come in the 15 months Freeze & staff have been here.  It's REMARKABLE!

Fo shizzle my nizzle

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

There's not a damn bit of fizzle to this class. Hell of a lot of SIZZLE though.   Look where we've come in the 15 months Freeze & staff have been here.  It's REMARKABLE!

Spot on. 

Side note: You missed a golden opportunity to name the poster @Sizzle 

35 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

Auburn isn’t going to win them all. Considering how bad things have been. This has been an A plus effort. U still have the portal and 2025 is looking real promising. It’s a process.

• Like 4

What I think is amazing about this Auburn recruiting class compared to ones in the last ten years is:

--We didn't lose anyone committed to us on signing day.
--The number of players we flipped along the way from rival SEC schools this year.
--Not winning a flip from another school on signing day is a helluva lot easier to stomach because they were not ours to begin with.
--Highest ranked class since 2015

**Still in play for Favour and Echols

Let that sink in. Look at Saban's class rank his second year at Alabama. Compare that and we are ahead of schedule.

We are on the right path! WDE!!

• Like 4

Harris, as least to me, would almost be the equivalent of getting KJ. If We can make that happen, I'm 95% happy with the other 5% of happiness coming just as soon as we add a couple more lineman.

How many top 250 did we sign?   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Confused. This graphic says 7th. Is he still implying we have another big sign coming?

Edited by ScotsAU

3 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Confused. This says 7th. Is he still implying we have another big sign coming?

U still have the February signing so maybe he knows something we don’t