Earliest Sports Idols- Who you got?

gr82be

Here are mu Childhood faves & I will get banned for some of this because I grew up a Bama fan

NFL:

The afore mentioned Dan Marino

NBA

1st

dr-j-dunk-basketball.gif

Then became

mj-michael.gif

MLB: I didn't have TBS or it would have been Dale Murphy. As it was I got the dodgers a lot on NBC's game of the week so it was

fernando-valenzuela-dodgers.gif

In my teenage years is was the sweetest swing baseball had ever seen

Griffey3.0.gif

College football

zLQxbk.gif

and

image.png

• Like 1

My first sports memory is my actual first memory everof anything. I was a Dallas Cowboys fan even before I was aware I existed so this being my first memory is a bit painful to say the least...

giphy.gif

If you're too young to get this, look up The Catch Joe Montana.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

4 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

They said sports.  Not activities or soap operas. 

Wrestling is sports entertainment & had a big part of my childhood expecially since I didn't have a father.

Just now, ellitor said:

Wrestling is sports entertainment & had a big part of my childhood expecially since I didn't have a father.

Agree to vehemently disagree.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Most of us laugh at it because the outcome is predetermined but many of those guys/girls are tremendous athletes and no one can take that away from them. I remember watching Tojo Yamamoto as a kid. That wooden clog was quite the weapon. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, NCAubs said:

Bart Starr?  The f…?

Well, I said I was older. He was basically done as a QB when I became aware of who he was but he was all class. He coached the Packers after he finished playing. I’m not just a Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers era Packers fan, I go back to some of the painful years. Bart Starr signed a few items for my 11th birthday. Nothing major that anyone would want but at eleven years old it made my day. Brent Fullwood later signed my son’s football for him. But Bart Starr is the reason I’m a Packers fan. 

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I fogot Nascar: Davey Allison, & wrestling: Hulk Hogan & Sting.

Richard Petty for me. STP, the racer’s edge. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Well, I said I was older. He was basically done as a QB when I became aware of who he was but he was all class. He coached the Packers after he finished playing. I’m not just a Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers era Packers fan, I go back to some of the painful years. Bart Starr signed a few items for my 11th birthday. Nothing major that anyone would want but at eleven years old it made my day. Brent Fullwood later signed my son’s football for him. But Bart Starr is the reason I’m a Packers fan. 

Hell I got Joe Namath signature oh just to let you know I was a old Baltimore Colts fan....Lennie Moore baby

so of course I hate the Packers

• Like 1

Mickey Mantle. pat and terry were my first auburn players.

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Like 1

Jimmy Sidle

Tucker Fredrickson

Rocky Colavito

Glenn "Fireball" Roberts

Ralph "Shug" Jordan

Edited by cctiger

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

My first sports memory is my actual first memory everof anything. I was a Dallas Cowboys fan even before I was aware I existed so this being my first memory is a bit painful to say the least...

giphy.gif

If you're too young to get this, look up The Catch Joe Montana.

This was the last time I cried after a sporting event didn't go the way I wanted.

Drew Pearson nearly got away from the 49er secondary on the drive following that play, but I think Eric Wright got him by the back of the jersey (legal then), then Danny White fumbled while being sacked, and the torch was officially passed.

To answer the original question:

Roger Staubach

Dr. J

Mike Schmidt 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

No one has this person? You're all a bunch of fakes....lol

image.png

• Haha 1