2024 4* UGA Transfer CB AJ Harris

toddc

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

AJ is already the #2 ranked CB in the portal on 247.

The title says he's a class of 2024 player. If that's true he can't be in the portal. What's up?

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The title says he's a class of 2024 player. If that's true he can't be in the portal. What's up?

Transfers are part of recruiting classes now. Also can't put 2025 in the title since he will be with his new team in 2024. If you would prefer I can add transfer to transferring players thread titles but I would think it obvious they are transfers with their previous college listed in the title.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Transfers are part of recruiting classes now. Also can't put 2025 in the title since he will be with his new team in 2024. If you would prefer I can add transfer to transferring players thread titles but I would think it obvious they are transfers with their previous college listed in the title.

That would be ok if we didn't have potential flips also listed with the school they are currently committed to. So, to clarify, Harris is a transfer from UGA, not a flip?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That would be ok if we didn't have potential flips also listed with the school they are currently committed to. So, to clarify, Harris is a transfer from UGA, not a flip?

Yes 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Fair points.

• ellitor changed the title to 2024 4* UGA Transfer CB AJ Harris

Cam Coleman posted on IG for AJ to "come home."   Damari Alston posted a lock emoji.  As E indicated above "Central" Phenix City is where AJ and CC played in High School (incidentally coached by Pat Nix).   It is 40 minutes from campus.   AJ was the #1 player in Alabama last year, #2 corner overall and a 5 star.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Interesting that the #2 CB would leave UGA to play at Auburn. Little crack forming in Kirby's armor?

Maybe wants to be closer to home or life at UGA isn’t all that’s cracked up to be. 

The guys on Cover 3 made a great point. All the bells and whistles in recruiting now fade quicker with the portal. Veterans or even a rising sophomore see how things are really ran and realize their dreams or plans can work elsewhere. Lane and Drinkwitz are becoming masters at selling this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would a huge pickup because  we are loosing some really good corners this year.  Harris has the capability to be a lockdown corner. With adding him and maturity of some of the younger and very talented DB's our backend has potential to be very good. With Asante and Keys along with a few others returning at LB and with some of the very  talented Freshmen LB's coming in as the year progresses we should be better at LB then past year. We are picking up some very solid D-Line and Edge players plus maybe Amaris Williams so D-Line has some real potential also for next year.  Auburn rotates D-line so new players get real reps and a chance to develop so by end of year some could have a chance to be a force.

The incoming freshmen class assuming all sign is looking very strong on the defensive side and the WR side. This should add depth to what should already be a very solid defense and the WR's should help the passing game and we still have a super strong group of running backs. As usual O_line and QB will be the big question marks. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DAG said:

With him and some of the potential flips, yall going to see how really good the defense going to look. They will certainly win us some games next year. 

He has not been on the field yet, correct?

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

He has not been on the field yet, correct?

I don’t think so. It goes to show the talent level at UGA.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DAG said:

With him and some of the potential flips, yall going to see how really good the defense going to look. They will certainly win us some games next year. 

Hopefully the pickups on O can have that side more than pull their weight also. Need more balance.

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Hopefully the pickups on O can have that side more than pull their weight also. Need more balance.

I agree but I have major reservations about that right now . 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah….me too

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d772b8yatlvme6lohepa

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am an optimist but I have the same reservations. Did Thorne really improve or was it the opponent. His good games were against weak opponents. Then the debacle against New Mexico State. Like always how will our O-line do.

24 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am an optimist but I have the same reservations. Did Thorne really improve or was it the opponent. His good games were against weak opponents. Then the debacle against New Mexico State. Like always how will our O-line do.

Thorne has shown he can be a game manager at best with the right people around me. People are accurate when they say that.  My concerns are the marginal improvement on the o-line and the young skill players. Will that be enough? We shall see. Also you are accurate about struggles against elite talent. I am afraid this might be who he is, as that was the same at Michigan State. I am hope to be proven wrong.

• Like 1

Both Kirby & Saban are going to start losing depth and having problems maintaining the quality depth they have enjoyed on their bench. When your program was built on NIL before NIL existed it’s going to require more effort to maintain that advantage. Bama & GA can’t just buy our recruits out from under us with no repercussions any longer. At least now if we have scenarios like Foster, Evans, Pickens, etc and still lose them we had our chance. I can live with that since it beats the hell out of what we faced pre-NIL.  Someone else on the board pointed out players realize they can realize their dreams elsewhere. That is spot on and the expanded playoff will also help. 

• Like 4