NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP FOR AU TRACK!

TigerinBham

I know that this a football board, but props to the Auburn women for winning the National Championship in Track and Field today. First ever for AU in track. WDE!

Combined with swimming and diving (and any others), how many national championships does that make for  :au: this year?

WDE  :cheer:

239801[/snapback]

Auburn has won 3 national championships that are recognized by the NCAA this year. Mens swimming, womens swimming and womens track & field. Auburn also won a national championship in women equestrian, but that sport is not recognized by the NCAA.

Link, please....can't find anything to verify this.  Last I heard, they were in third place...

239814[/snapback]

I dont have a link but the track & field championships were shown on CBS. It just ended about 30 minutes ago. AU came back and won the national championship in womens track & field. Florida State won the national championship in mens track & field

final point standings...

1) Auburn 56 2) Southern California 38.50

3) South Carolina 37 4) Texas 36

5) Nebraska 34 6) Arizona State 27

7) Georgia 25.75 8 ) Oregon 21

9) Michigan 19 10) UCLA 18

10) North Carolina 18 12) Alabama 16

12) LSU 16 12) Florida State 16

Link to Final Standings

Here's the link...after the Women's 4x4....thats the final event and the fat lady sings...

WDE

So, who has the most NC's this year? I'd say we're up there:

M W

XC: Wisconsin Stanford

Field Hockey: Maryland

Football: Texas

Soccer: Maryland Portland

VolleyBall: UCLA(Spring spt) Washington

Water Polo: UCLA UCLA (Spring Sp)

Basketball: Florida Maryland

Bowling: Fairleigh Dickinson (NJ) (co-ed)

Fencing: Harvard (co-ed)

Gymnastics: Oklahoma! Georgia

Ice Hockey: Wisconsin Wisconsin

Rifle: Alaska-Fairbanks(co-ed)

Skiing: Colorado (Co-ed)

Swimming: Auburn Auburn

Wrestling: Oklahoma St.

indoor Track: No Clue can't find it

Golf: Ok St. Duke

LAX: Virginia Northwestern

Rowing: Cal

Softball: Arizona

Tennis: Pepperdine Stanford

Outdoor Track: Florida St Auburn

Moral of the Story: Auburn, Maryland, Wisconsin and UCLA all had 3. Stanford and Oklahoma St. had 2, and everyone else listed had 1. Yay for Auburn!

Link to Final Standings

Here's the link...after the Women's 4x4....thats the final event and the fat lady sings...

WDE

So, who has the most NC's this year? I'd say we're up there:

M                      W

XC:                Wisconsin          Stanford

Field Hockey:                          Maryland

Football:          Texas

Soccer:            Maryland            Portland

VolleyBall:      UCLA(Spring spt) Washington

Water Polo:        UCLA              UCLA (Spring Sp)

Basketball:        Florida            Maryland

Bowling:            Fairleigh Dickinson (NJ) (co-ed)

Fencing:            Harvard (co-ed)

Gymnastics:      Oklahoma!      Georgia

Ice Hockey:      Wisconsin        Wisconsin

Rifle:                Alaska-Fairbanks(co-ed)

Skiing:            Colorado (Co-ed)

Swimming:      Auburn              Auburn

Wrestling:        Oklahoma St.

indoor Track:    No Clue can't find it

Golf:                Ok St.              Duke

LAX:                Virginia            Northwestern

Rowing:                                    Cal

Softball:                                    Arizona

Tennis:            Pepperdine        Stanford

Outdoor Track:  Florida St          Auburn

Moral of the Story: Auburn, Maryland, Wisconsin and UCLA all had 3. Stanford and Oklahoma St. had 2, and everyone else listed had 1.  Yay for Auburn!

239823[/snapback]

We also had one in Equestrian. I know its not recognized yet by the NCAA but we still won it.... Wait a minute, where is UAT??? How many do they have?? :lol::lol:

Did you see that LSUs Xavier Carter won the 100M, 400M, 4x400, and the 4x1600. First person to do this since Jesse Owens. Way to go X. Hopefully he produces like this on the football field. :lsu:

Did you see that LSUs Xavier Carter won the 100M, 400M, 4x400, and the 4x1600.  First person to do this since Jesse Owens.  Way to go X.  Hopefully he produces like this on the football field. :lsu:

239833[/snapback]

Impressive company for Mr. Carter.

Moral of the Story: Auburn, Maryland, Wisconsin and UCLA all had 3. Stanford and Oklahoma St. had 2, and everyone else listed had 1.  Yay for Auburn!

239823[/snapback]

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Alabama has 12. That is the ultimate trump card. :lol:

Isn't there a trophy given out at the end of the college sports season, in the summer sometime, to the school with the most outstanding athletic program for the past school year? I thought Sears use to sponsor it, but I don't know anymore since they sponsor the BCS trophy now.

239823[/snapback]

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Alabama has 12. That is the ultimate trump card. :lol:

239835[/snapback]

but all those are MYTHICAL....but, shhhh....don't tell the bammers...they actually believe they are real...

Always count on a Bama fan to jump in with some kind of comment when Auburn wins.  How that series with North Carolina go btw?

239874[/snapback]

:lol::lol: Pretty well as far as I can see.... :lol::lol:

BTW, whoever posted all the NC's won this year, that wasn't sure about indoor track. I believe the indoor track title went to Arkansas....AGAIN... I think they've won something like 40+ of those....

Always count on a Bama fan to jump in with some kind of comment when Auburn wins.  How that series with North Carolina go btw?

239874[/snapback]

:lol::lol: Pretty well as far as I can see.... :lol::lol:

BTW, whoever posted all the NC's won this year, that wasn't sure about indoor track. I believe the indoor track title went to Arkansas....AGAIN... I think they've won something like 40+ of those....

239879[/snapback]

I would put good money down that Arkansas won the mens indoor, not sure but I think that LSU won the womens indoor for some reason but don't qoute that.

Will there be a parade? Doesnt Arkansas have about 20 National Championships in track and field, powerhouse I tell ya

239860[/snapback]

Probably more than Alabamer has in football.

Archived