Kwon Alexander

newtonheisman

We will be just fine! Have faith and know that our guys are going to play hard every single day and get better. If you are comparing us to other SEC schools in terms of recruiting, then the numbers do not favor us. I think that our OC and DC hires will get our guys where they need to be. Not one person guessed we would win it all in 2010. Be positive guys! WAR EAGLE!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a horrible day.

Yeah, having 7 4 stars on the team and 8 or so good quality 3 stars makes this a total bust I guess...pfft

Yeah, having an in-state guy go to a school that has 7 guys at his position at the school he commited to is perfectly fine.

Crying about it isn't going to help. And people saying the day is HORRIBLE is just ridiculous....

No it's really a fact. Not saying the class is horrible, but this day is. We have struck out on every single recruit we were hoping to get today. No one is crying, just stating the obvious. We have people getting excited over our commits staying, rather than uncommitted signing.

What we have is great,but if ppl should'nt be upset about not geting Arik,Moore,Goldman and Alexander why do we even watch.We would be jumping for joy if we landed any of these, so I think its only right to feel let down.We are Auburn and expect the best.

Yea, the day hasn't gone like I wanted it to so far either but I have never seen so many crybabies in my frigging life. Jeez, some of you are living up to the sterotype others want to label us with. AU has 15 or so damn good players signed and will get a few more. We will be dang good. Chill.

Its natural to be disappointed. You people are the reason bammers look down on us. You accept mediocrity and are just fine having your arses handed to you. You don't chill when you miss on every single recruit on NSD. You don't chill when you get blown out by all of your SEC rivals. You chill when you winning. You chill when your on top. I hate to lose. I hate it more than anything and most people I know do but it seems like you people are just fine being losers. If you can accept mediocrity, accept being a loser, and accept being little sister, good luck. I want more than that. If you want to bash me for wanting more than that, go ahead.

Yea, the day hasn't gone like I wanted it to so far either but I have never seen so many crybabies in my frigging life. Jeez, some of you are living up to the sterotype others want to label us with. AU has 15 or so damn good players signed and will get a few more. We will be dang good. Chill.

Its natural to be disappointed. You people are the reason bammers look down on us. You accept mediocrity and are just fine having your arses handed to you. You don't chill when you miss on every single recruit on NSD. You don't chill when you get blown out by all of your SEC rivals. You chill when you winning. You chill when your on top. I hate to lose. I hate it more than anything and most people I know do but it seems like you people are just fine being losers. If you can accept mediocrity, accept being a loser, and accept being little sister, good luck. I want more than that. If you want to bash me for wanting more than that, go ahead.

Atta boy.

Amen...everyone on this site is keeping up with these kids but act like it does not matter where they go b/c we are just fine.It makes no sense.You recruit the best to beat the best!With that being said we do have a strong class but, these kids would make it better.If not CGC wouldnt have worked so hard and put so much time in to them.

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU. I, like so many others, are very happy with the guys that signed with AU today, but when you look at the day as a whole, it was a disappointing day. There's nothing wrong with being disappointed when all we've heard and read about is how AU was going go close strong, have a top 10 class, NSD was going to be like "Christmas Day," etc. I think these new signees are going to give it their all for AU. Some of them will probably need to hit the ground running. AU will have a good team next year, and I really believe they will. The problem is, UA, LSU, and ARK most likely will have BETTER teams next year. There has been so much talk about having to have top 5 recruiting classes for several years in a row to make a real difference. AU has had 2 years in a row. This class will not be a top 5 class. Can you honestly say having 2 great classes in a row is going to put AU on the same playing field with Bama and LSU? Hell, Saban 's had top 5 classes every full year he's been at Bama. I hate Bama and Saban as much as all of you do, but why is it that man, who's seemingly not the most pleasant person to be around, can haul in these outstanding classes year after year? I guess I'll be slammed as a "Debbie Downer" or "Nancy Negative" or even worse--- bammer, but I want AU to be the best every year. I want AU to be in the SEC and BCS title discussion EVERY YEAR.

No bashing here.  Well said.  Raising the expectation level is the key.  Everybody "hopes" to win.  The elites "expect" to win.  That's winning games, winning recruiting, winning anything put in front of them.  If it makes the fan base a little irrational, so be it.  If having an irrational fan base actually scared recruits away (as MANY people on this board contend), then...well....the recruiting rankings at the end of today would look a whole lot different.  I applaud the coaches for going after studs nationally.  But I think they're learning some hard lessons.  Sharpen the Tiger claws a little more and get a bit more down and dirty with it to land the big names.  Good class overall.  WDE!

No bashing here.  Well said.  Raising the expectation level is the key.  Everybody "hopes" to win.  The elites "expect" to win.  That's winning games, winning recruiting, winning anything put in front of them.  If it makes the fan base a little irrational, so be it.  If having an irrational fan base actually scared recruits away (as MANY people on this board contend), then...well....the recruiting rankings at the end of today would look a whole lot different.  I applaud the coaches for going after studs nationally.  But I think they're learning some hard lessons.  Sharpen the Tiger claws a little more and get a bit more down and dirty with it to land the big names.  Good class overall.  WDE!

I'll bash that post. Look, you guys can be all disappointed if you want too. Me, I've got nothing to do with it other than being a fan and most of you don't either. How many of the AE members directly contribute to the team. Less than 2% is my guess....and most of those are the family members of the KIDS that did want to sign.

If Auburn loses a football game, I'm not happy with it, but it sure as s*** don't make me a loser....and if you have to get on here and call everyone else a loser because you're disappointed, the mirror will show you the loser, buddy. The scoreboard doesn't define a winner, but attitude and ethic does. Don't believe me, just look at Floyd Mayweather for example. He's never lost a fight but he's one of the biggest losers on the planet.

And I could give a s*** less if a bammer (thinks he/she) looks down on me. I could care less if you or anybody else want to try and look down on me....and before you start calling people losers on the internet remember, "those who live in glass houses...." so next time, bite you tongue and move along.

• 6 months later...

Interesting...

Miles mentioned Kwon Alexander and Deion Jones as freshmen LBs who "have taken coaching fast enough to get to the field."

@LSUfball

Yeah, heard a lot of good things about Kwon down here in Tigah land.

We had a bunch of swings and misses last signing day, and Alexander was a big whiff.

Was expected to chose LSU the week leading up to NSD anyway.

We had a bunch of swings and misses last signing day, and Alexander was a big whiff.

If that's your story, stick to it 'cause I'm sure sticking to mine!

If that's your story, stick to it 'cause I'm sure sticking to mine!

That is what Bryan Matthews was saying then. I bet 23 can confirm it. Plus a pretty reliable LSU guy had ben calling Kwon to LSU for 2 weeks. He was also the only LSU guy that called Landon Collins to Bamma and did so a few weeks before Collins committed.

This thread was carried over here from AE, wasn't it? The last 4-5 pages give a pretty good idea of how Auburn people felt about last signing day. We signed those that were already committed and Avery Young. Whiffed on a bunch we'd hoped to sign including Alexander.

Coming back now, seven months later and trying to smooth it over doesn't change the facts. It was a bad day.

This thread was carried over here from AE, wasn't it? The last 4-5 pages give a pretty good idea of how Auburn people felt about last signing day. We signed those that were already committed and Avery Young. Whiffed on a bunch we'd hoped to sign including Alexander.Coming back now, seven months later and trying to smooth it over doesn't change the facts. It was a bad day.

Yes it was a bad day but if you look at the insiders posts for the 3 or 4 days before NSD we did not feel good about anyone so expectations were not that high. It would have been much worse if we felt good about them on NSD. I am not trying to smooth things over. Just making sure members have an accurate account on things like I always try to do.

This thread was carried over here from AE, wasn't it? The last 4-5 pages give a pretty good idea of how Auburn people felt about last signing day. We signed those that were already committed and Avery Young. Whiffed on a bunch we'd hoped to sign including Alexander.

Coming back now, seven months later and trying to smooth it over doesn't change the facts. It was a bad day.

FTFY :violin:

FTFY :violin:

What did you fix? This thread was brought over from AE. Go back two pages and scroll down the names, those aren't long-time AUF people. I pointed that out to indicate that nearly all Auburn fans expected to get more than one contested player on signing day. That was true of AE posters as well as those of us that were on AUF at the time.

Archived