2016 4* DT Julian Rochester (UGA commit)

AuburnArch13

Rocker is an awesome recruiter when players get on campus.

Rocker coaching and recruiting at uga makes me want to puke. Hate those scumbags.

I feel the same

You guys should have a pukefest

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I mentioned in the EJ Price thread; These guys all attended Jr Day in Athens 2 weeks ago. It has begun the annual "What if we all sign with uGA" campaign.

Like I mentioned in the EJ Price thread; These guys all attended Jr Day in Athens 2 weeks ago. It has begun the annual "What if we all sign with uGA" campaign.

Oh remember the dream team class

Rocker is an awesome recruiter when players get on campus.

Rocker coaching and recruiting at uga makes me want to puke. Hate those scumbags.

I feel the same

We all felt the same with Gardner at Uga and ut. Part of it

• 5 weeks later...

I see back in March 23rd Rochester named UGA his leader and the CB predicts him to UGA. I thought we had a good hold on this guy. Anyone know what happened?

I see back in March 23rd Rochester named UGA his leader and the CB predicts him to UGA. I thought we had a good hold on this guy. Anyone know what happened?

Tracy Rocker happened. I wish his kids would graduate already.

Tracy Rocker happened. I wish his kids would graduate already.

Tracy is one heck of a coach and recruiter. However, long time until signing day.

A lot of our recruiting success will depend upon Muschamp's defense in 2015.

Rochester has had many opportunities to come to Auburn and has not chosen to in the last few months. The signs are not good right now.

UGA happened. Visited them 4 times this calendar year, AU 0.

This is kind of off topic, but how would our recruiting class have finished if we didn't steal a handful of Florida leans due to Muschamp and Robinson?

Going into the class of 2016 without Will and TRob? I don't think we'd be any higher then #15.Lets not forget what a great recruiter Lance Thompson is.

Going into the class of 2016 without Will and TRob? I don't think we'd be any higher then #15.Lets not forget what a great recruiter Lance Thompson is.

True, I didn't mean to forget about LT. However, it's a little concerning that we had to take some later hires to get this class into the top 10.

I know, I know we aren't that far removed from not perennially being in the top 10 in recruiting, but hopefully we can consistently be in the top 10 w/o late game changers to catapult us there.

True, I didn't mean to forget about LT. However, it's a little concerning that we had to take some later hires to get this class into the top 10.

I know, I know we aren't that far removed from not perennially being in the top 10 in recruiting, but hopefully we can consistently be in the top 10 w/o late game changers to catapult us there.

There is an All Things Rankings thread pinned at the top of the board where the OP question would not have been off topic.

Now to the question. We still would have finished in the top 10-12. Obviously the big change is no Cowart. We still would have signed about 27. None of the rest of the kids we signed because of Boom & T-Rob were very highly rated. Low 4*s or 3*s. We likely would have signed some the recruiting services had ranked higher.

There is an All Things Rankings thread pinned at the top of the board where the OP question would not have been off topic.

Now to the question. We still would have finished in the top 10-12. Obviously the big change is no Cowart. We still would have signed about 27. None of the rest of the kids we signed because of Boom & T-Rob were very highly rated. Low 4*s or 3*s. We likely would have signed some the recruiting services had ranked higher.

We would not have gotten Irvin either without Will & TRob.

Nor Holland or Carlton Davis. I'm not buying that we would've finished with a top 15 class with Ellis.

Nor Holland or Carlton Davis. I'm not buying that we would've finished with a top 15 class with Ellis.

ike I said in my OP, all of those except Holland are low to very low 4*s. We would have had similarly rated player & in some cases maybe higher rated ones. Holland was a mid 4*.. There is a big difference between a high & low 4* ratings wise. Also Ellis was never a factor in who we got. It was all on the position coaches when he was here.

Back on topic. it looks like the Dawgs are about to blow our doors off w/ Julian. BCW has become a do or die if we can even get him here for it.

"Back on topic. it looks like the Dawgs are about to blow our doors off w/ Julian. BCW has become a do or die if we can even get him here for it."

Looks like Garner is getting his @SS kicked at what he is best at, recruiting, by Pruitt and Rocker. Seriously, if you were a quality DL, would you rather be coached by Rodney Garner or Tracy Rocker?

wde

Personally, Garner...

He's gotten more athletes to the NFL than Rocker. Fairley is the only DL that Coach Rock can hang his hat on. Not sure how Rock did at Arky or Ole Miss... but as far as development and NFL grooming, Garner's resume is way better than Rock's.

Looks like Garner is getting his @SS kicked at what he is best at, recruiting, by Pruitt and Rocker. Seriously, if you were a quality DL, would you rather be coached by Rodney Garner or Tracy Rocker?

wde

Rocker but Garner is good too. He has put many a DL in the NFL. And FTR it's Pruitt doing most of the arse kicking & it's not just us paying the price. He has a realistic shot at putting a fence around Georgia for the defensive players he wants.

ike I said in my OP, all of those except Holland are low to very low 4*s. We would have had similarly rated player & in some cases maybe higher rated ones. Holland was a mid 4*.. There is a big difference between a high & low 4* ratings wise. Also Ellis was never a factor in who we got. It was all on the position coaches when he was here.

Back on topic. it looks like the Dawgs are about to blow our doors off w/ Julian. BCW has become a do or die if we can even get him here for it.

Being certain that Auburn would have brought in a top fifteen class with Ellis is borderline arrogance. After the summer, our defensive recruiting hit a huge dead end with all of our recruits. Players were already committed and we were getting nowhere with Mack or Trent. Not to mention two of Ellis's recruits Muschamp told to look around. Muschamp vastly improved the product..

Back to the OP..

No.Being certain that Auburn would have brought in a top fifteen class with Ellis is borderline arrogance. After the summer, our defensive recruiting hit a huge dead end with all of our recruits. Players were already committed and we were getting nowhere with Mack or Trent. Not to mention two of Ellis's recruits Muschamp told to look around. Muschamp vastly improved the product..

Back to the OP..

No. It's called crunching the numbers & doing the research. W/out Boom & T-Rob we don't get 7 maybe 8 guys

Byron

Holland

Ryan Davis

Tim Irvin

Carlton Davis

Javarius Davis

Jeremiah Dinson

# maybe Mike Horton

Here's the class calculator. Link When you drop those 8 you are at 253.76. Here are the 2015 rankings. Link Taking away the Auburn that's on the list you see that the baseline for the altered AU team is above Penn St. Penn St is #14 so that makes AU #13 to start. Then we add Elijah & Westry back. The add point but not positions. They have AU 257.39. We would have added 4 to 6 more. The most likely being

DT GG Robinson

WR Camion Patrick

A taller CB since we were taking 2 CBs under the old staff. Let's use Redwine as an example as he was a mid 3*.

Lastly, to be on the safe side & say 1 to 3 mid 3*s. That would put us at 261 to 263.

In the end, If we got a 4* or 2 to replace the players we would not have gotten w/out Boom & T-Rob we would have definitely been in the top 12, very possibly top 10, but for the sake of this discussion the main point is if you drop the players we got because of Boom & T-Rob & don't add a single solitary sole we still finish 13th in team rankings.

Bottom line is we are getting crushed in GA right now by UGA and there is a ton of DT talent there. We need to go find it elsewhere if we are not getting the players for GA. I would imagine the State of FL has some very good DT's as well as Texas, LA, and others.

Bottom line is we are getting crushed in GA right now by UGA and there is a ton of DT talent there. We need to go find it elsewhere if we are not getting the players for GA. I would imagine the State of FL has some very good DT's as well as Texas, LA, and others.

Judging by some recent offers we are looking @ the Atlantic Coast & Northeast right now.

Archived