Jeremy Johnson

Lowrider

I don't know that people are expecting him to be Auburn's next Heisman winner, but physically he has all of the tools to do so. I think that people see the potential for him to be great, considering 1) his past performance 2) the system that he is going to be playing in, and 3) the pieces that he has around him.

In my opinion, Jeremy will have a fantastic year. Will he win the Heisman? Who knows. Other than Mariota, someone relatively unknown at the beginning of the season has gone on to win the Heisman. If you ask me, this is because we usually hype these players up so much, that even though they have great seasons, they usually don't meet the insane expectations that we set.

A perfect example of this was Johnny Manziel. His RS Freshman season, he came in as an unknown and made plays that were unconventional and made for good highlight tapes. He won the heisman that year. His RS Sophomore season, he began the year in the midst of controversy, and was a relative known. He still made insane plays and was all over SportsCenter, and statistically his stats were even better than the previous year, yet he finished FIFTH in the Heisman polls. Some of this can be accounted to his poor public image, but it can also be attributed to him being known, and his stats being expected.

One of the biggest things going for JJ in the heisman race is his relative anonymity. Outside of Alabama, I don't think many would be able to pick him out of a lineup, and that is a good thing. Should he put up yards, it will be unexpected by the masses and it will give him increased momentum going into the Heisman voting.

Manziel deserved the Heisman more than any other player in the world that year tbh.

Probably one of the biggest robberies in football history.

Well in a lot of years there are players that should win that don't because they aren't a quarterback or running back. It's political just like everything else.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know that people are expecting him to be Auburn's next Heisman winner, but physically he has all of the tools to do so. I think that people see the potential for him to be great, considering 1) his past performance 2) the system that he is going to be playing in, and 3) the pieces that he has around him.

In my opinion, Jeremy will have a fantastic year. Will he win the Heisman? Who knows. Other than Mariota, someone relatively unknown at the beginning of the season has gone on to win the Heisman. If you ask me, this is because we usually hype these players up so much, that even though they have great seasons, they usually don't meet the insane expectations that we set.

A perfect example of this was Johnny Manziel. His RS Freshman season, he came in as an unknown and made plays that were unconventional and made for good highlight tapes. He won the heisman that year. His RS Sophomore season, he began the year in the midst of controversy, and was a relative known. He still made insane plays and was all over SportsCenter, and statistically his stats were even better than the previous year, yet he finished FIFTH in the Heisman polls. Some of this can be accounted to his poor public image, but it can also be attributed to him being known, and his stats being expected.

One of the biggest things going for JJ in the heisman race is his relative anonymity. Outside of Alabama, I don't think many would be able to pick him out of a lineup, and that is a good thing. Should he put up yards, it will be unexpected by the masses and it will give him increased momentum going into the Heisman voting.

Manziel deserved the Heisman more than any other player in the world that year tbh.

not even close, the biggest robbery was mark Ingram winning the heisman

who else was THAT much better

Well in a lot of years there are players that should win that don't because they aren't a quarterback or running back. It's political just like everything else.

I was about to say that the Heisman committee is looking for players of good character, but then remembered that Mr. Crabs won.

Also, the fact that their D was atrocious didn't do JFB any favors.

The rb from Stanford and ndumke sue

The Heisman is a huge hype contest and more often than not, the mvp of a championship contending team grabs all of the attention.

The Heisman is a huge hype contest and more often than not, the mvp of a championship contending team grabs all of the attention.

True, but he was clearly not heisman material that year.

Dude from Stanford wasn't any better. Suh was doing something special though

Are you kidding? Dude from Stanford (also known as Toby Gerhart) had 28 rushing TDs to Ingram's 17. And Gerhart had over 200 more yards than Ingram, despite playing one less game. Gerhart averaged 143 yds/game to Ingram's 118 yds/game. Facts.

Biggest robbery ever was the Ohio State QB who won over Darren McFadden.

Not even close. Manning getting it stuck to him by Woodson was the biggest joke.

And FWIW JJ is AU's #1 guy. He has been "damn good" in practices this spring. And I'm also told that White is "our future" and Queen has "one hell of an arm".

Not even close. Manning getting it stuck to him by Woodson was the biggest joke.

And FWIW JJ is AU's #1 guy. He has been "damn good" in practices this spring. And I'm also told that White is "our future" and Queen has "one hell of an arm".

i get a feeling we are about to revert back to malzahn's Tulsa days.

We are gonna go from low 70's plays per game to the 85 that gus used to always talk about and those added plays will be through the air.

600 yards per game is gonna be the norm

JJ is gonna routinely put up 300 yards in the air.

(Lord I hope this all comes true)

i get a feeling we are about to revert back to malzahn's Tulsa days.

We are gonna go from low 70's plays per game to the 85 that gus used to always talk about and those added plays will be through the air.

600 yards per game is gonna be the norm

JJ is gonna routinely put up 300 yards in the air.

(Lord I hope this all comes true)

JJ can run and is going to surprise people this year but I do believe you are correct with your Tulsa offense.

When I think of players that should have won but did not, I always think of Peyton Manning.

I thought Rex Grossman was robbed, as well, the year he was a finalist. I don't know who won it over him, though.

Are you kidding? Dude from Stanford (also known as Toby Gerhart) had 28 rushing TDs to Ingram's 17. And Gerhart had over 200 more yards than Ingram, despite playing one less game. Gerhart averaged 143 yds/game to Ingram's 118 yds/game. Facts.

Ingram should have been eliminated when he pulled up gimpy only when he figured out auburn had him contained. That was the fakest injury i have seen .

Ingram should have been eliminated when he pulled up gimpy only when he figured out auburn had him contained. That was the fakest injury i have seen .

Indeed it was!

Indeed it was!

I missed it....worse than Swain at Arkansas? This happened in 09 or 2010? I'm guessing 09 since the discussion has been about his heisman year.

Indeed it was!

I missed it....worse than Swain at Arkansas? This happened in 09 or 2010? I'm guessing 09 since the discussion has been about his heisman year.

it did appear he was faking. But i don't have any idea why he would at that point.

I didn't think he was faking myself, Bynes and Freeman was laying wood that game. And the person causing the most damage that game is one of the most unheralded guys mentioned that season is McNeil. I know he was arrested and stuff but by the end of that season he was punishing people. He knocked Julio and Hanks out of the game and had many knocks on Ingram that had him slow getting up as well. He almost knocked Hanks into next week lol. Fired the entire defense up. Game turned around defensively after that play

A running back from a PAC 12 school or a defensive player winning a Heisman in the 2000s....c'mon now

A running back from a PAC 12 school or a defensive player winning a Heisman in the 2000s....c'mon now

Check the stats, and oh yeah, who would u rather have right now, sue or ingram? Don't lie

Archived