Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

And then there's this. What a talent!

On 9/24/2020 at 3:34 PM, augolf1716 said:

Don't think I ever told this story. The pharmaceutical wholesales I was working for was headquarted in Orange County Ca. they always did something special for our national meetings. This particular year they held it at Hilton Anaheim Ca. next to Disneyland. So the big shots finished giving their speeches and the president was just about finished and then boom in coming this band playing this song marching all thru the room. 

And yes with their cheerleaders. Oh we also had Ms. America at the same meeting.

Was always my favorite song by Fleetwood Mac because of the use of the band. Now this video confirms it.

The USC cheerleaders and those sweaters, man alive. 

• Love 1

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Perfect simple video that fits the music/vocals so good..............thanks for posting got my morning off to a good start.......

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 12:35 AM, ShocksMyBrain said:

Was in a hot tub in the NC mountains listening to this guy just a few days ago. I would like to still be doing that instead of what I'm doing now. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Was in a hot tub in the NC mountains listening to this guy just a few days ago. I would like to still be doing that instead of what I'm doing now. 

I’m headed to the Outer Banks of NC now. Gonna do some surf fishing. Beer drinking. Relaxing.....

• Like 3
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I love it when I hear a band for the first time. And then I look them up on YouTube and it makes me feel like I’m living under a massive, musicless rock.

Love just about any song with a mandolin being played

• Like 3

@Tiger Refuge, appreciate the heads up. I'm ramming this new Sturgill through my brain holes right now and omfg who knew how bad I needed this right now??? Sturgill did, I guess. That rascal. That sumbitch. This music is so good.

@augolf1716, not sure where all it's available, but I'm streaming the new Sturgill Simpson on Amazon music as I type this and just had a sweet sweet mandolin solo dance by. Highly recommend. 

And, goodness, the production and arrangements on this. Stellar. Absolutely stellar.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

@Tiger Refuge, appreciate the heads up. I'm ramming this new Sturgill through my brain holes right now and omfg who knew how bad I needed this right now??? Sturgill did, I guess. That rascal. That sumbitch. This music is so good.

@augolf1716, not sure where all it's available, but I'm streaming the new Sturgill Simpson on Amazon music as I type this and just had a sweet sweet mandolin solo dance by. Highly recommend. 

And, goodness, the production and arrangements on this. Stellar. Absolutely stellar.

So. Damn. Good. 

Holy moly I’m digging this thing!

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

So. Damn. Good. 

Holy moly I’m digging this thing!

It's real bluegrass. Lots of tradition. But with Sturgill's modern, decidedly non-traditional sensibilities and a really, really rich texture that a lot of bluegrass doesn't achieve for me. It's exactly what I want a Sturgill bluegrass album to be. I very, very rarely listen to an entire album straight through on first listen like I just did that one. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

It's real bluegrass. Lots of tradition. But with Sturgill's modern, decidedly non-traditional sensibilities and a really, really rich texture that a lot of bluegrass doesn't achieve for me. It's exactly what I want a Sturgill bluegrass album to be. I very, very rarely listen to an entire album straight through on first listen like I just did that one. 

I’m on my second listen now. Damn, it has a great warmth to it. You’re exactly right, has exactly what I would want from a Sturg bluegrass album. A few burners and a few tear jerkers.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’m on my second listen now. Damn, it has a great warmth to it. You’re exactly right, has exactly what I would want from a Sturg bluegrass album. A few burners and a few tear jerkers.

Warmth- yes. Love that word. 

I have loved bluegrass for a long time, but it can honestly be so twangy and tinny and full of sharp edges. This is... something else. That's one reason I love Jerry Douglas so much. His dobro brings that warmth. Like sitting next to a fire in wool socks drinking bourbon with Sam Elliott. 

Agreed about the song selection, too. Just... damn.

• Love 1

For whatever reason I’ve really been on The Dead lately and this one is so damn good. 

Three piece band? How? Worth a revisit if presented already.

• Like 1
  • Love 2