2016 NFL Scouting Combine

RunInRed

Gotta check this....remember Heath Evans......see his combine numbers ..37 years old and better than most RBs this year.

http://www.sportingn...-press-fullback

He is still ripped that's for sure

https://mobile.twitt...8556416/photo/1

Benched his age for reps, and blew away the kids today.

Holy cow

Best part is he did it while wearing a dress shirt and tie. Wonder what he could have done if he had gotten serious? :)/>

Dad strength.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The overall analysis for the 8 or so AU guys is pretty poor. The NFL scouts take on our LBs Cass and Frost is embarrassing. Coleman is the only guy with real potential it seems.

What did they say about our linebackers?

I thought his speed was one of his strong points? Uh oh....

He did seem to have good closing speed definitely on the passes in the flats. Surely he found a banana in the middle of his sprint and decided to pick it up and eat it before he finished.

Kris Frost just ran a 4.97 unofficial....eww.

Dang, well Johnny Football must have been really slow then.

Slow as Christmas. He should have easly.dropped a 4.6

The overall analysis for the 8 or so AU guys is pretty poor. The NFL scouts take on our LBs Cass and Frost is embarrassing. Coleman is the only guy with real potential it seems.

Cass

WEAKNESSES

Poor instincts and feel for play design. Gets sealed by blocks he doesn't see coming and loses gap leverage due to his instincts over a lack of play strength. Bulky frame with some stiffness. Has missed 25 tackles over last three years. Marginal quickness in his lateral scrape and rarely stays ahead of the blockers in a race for positioning. No matchup cover talent. One of the starters benched for poor play and a lack of communication after the LSU game.

SOURCES TELL US

"I like his toughness but unless you are going to use him as a pass rusher I don't see any third-down value and his entire game revolves around the box. Just too limited." -- AFC East scout

FROST

WEAKNESSES

Was benched along with two other starters for poor performance and lack of communication in the 45­-21 loss to LSU. Gets lost on the field. Lacks awareness and instincts to keep him in front of the play. No feel for where blocks are coming from and gets sealed far too often by second level blockers. Needs to drop pad level. Missing the play speed and instincts to play downhill effectively. Content demeanor and lack of fire are a concern to scouts.

SOURCES TELL US

"I think his head is swimming from all of the voices he's had as coordinator. At some point he may start to play rather than think and he's got really good size. What is going to kill him is his effort level. His LSU tape was embarrassing." -- AFC Director of college scouting

Frost probably sacrificed a bit of speed when he gained all of the weight....came to AU at 210 and ended up at 250 or so. Otherwise, I expect most AU defensive graduates the last few years were ruined by AU's coaching carousel.....constantly trying to learn new defenses, no consistency in their instruction.

I give all of them credit for doing the best they could under some of the worst coaching situations I can recall....and I feel bad for guys like Frost and Cas for what they went through which probably hampered their professional opportunities....JMO

Cass

WEAKNESSES

Poor instincts and feel for play design. Gets sealed by blocks he doesn't see coming and loses gap leverage due to his instincts over a lack of play strength. Bulky frame with some stiffness. Has missed 25 tackles over last three years. Marginal quickness in his lateral scrape and rarely stays ahead of the blockers in a race for positioning. No matchup cover talent. One of the starters benched for poor play and a lack of communication after the LSU game.

SOURCES TELL US

"I like his toughness but unless you are going to use him as a pass rusher I don't see any third-down value and his entire game revolves around the box. Just too limited." -- AFC East scout

FROST

WEAKNESSES

Was benched along with two other starters for poor performance and lack of communication in the 45­-21 loss to LSU. Gets lost on the field. Lacks awareness and instincts to keep him in front of the play. No feel for where blocks are coming from and gets sealed far too often by second level blockers. Needs to drop pad level. Missing the play speed and instincts to play downhill effectively. Content demeanor and lack of fire are a concern to scouts.

SOURCES TELL US

"I think his head is swimming from all of the voices he's had as coordinator. At some point he may start to play rather than think and he's got really good size. What is going to kill him is his effort level. His LSU tape was embarrassing." -- AFC Director of college scouting

This right here has nothing to do with coordinators...that is just flat out want to.

I WANT to do a lot of things. maybe it is more a matter of can't do. maybe the game really is just too fast for them. sadly, with the number of coaching philosophies they have had to deal with in their 4/5 years, we will never know if it was "thinking to much" rather than "just playing football", coaching, a lack of ability, a lack of "want to" or a combination of all. who knows. something to consider.................they were the best options we had the last couple of years............... I hope the best for both of them.

I WANT to do a lot of things. maybe it is more a matter of can't do. maybe the game really is just too fast for them. sadly, with the number of coaching philosophies they have had to deal with in their 4/5 years, we will never know if it was "thinking to much" rather than "just playing football", coaching, a lack of ability, a lack of "want to" or a combination of all. who knows. something to consider.................they were the best options we had the last couple of years............... I hope the best for both of them.

I am also sure you weren't a four-star athlete and I am pretty sure you weren't offered to play on an SEC level team. I think I am going heed the word of the guy who gets paid to watch 100 of hours of tapes for scouting purposes. Quite frankly, the effort level in the LSU game was piss poor by the whole defense. Guys literally afraid to tackle LF.

Kris Frost just ran a 4.97 unofficial....eww.

I know average athletes in high school that could run that.

Ugh...

What? That was putting it nice. I could run that.

Dag, I would love to know how you are so "sure" of these things about me, but for the sake of staying on topic, what do my abilities and sporting past have to do with how Kris and Cass have performed?

For the record, I was able to transition from DE to LB, but not LB to CB. My hips weren't fast enough...........no matter how bad I wanted it.

If we're going to have players bolt early, can they please get drafted high enough to where it makes us look good (cases like PB aside)? However, way to go Ricardo!

I do find it disturbing that Frost was a 5* LB and did as poorly as he did. I have hope for Tre Williams but will he do any better?

Tre looks much more natural and instinctive playing LB than Frost ever did. Hopefully the coaching changes on defense during his time here will not affect his play in the future. He sounds like the guy everyone is counting on to be a leader and provide high level play at the LB position.

Archived