Rhett leaves AU / New OC discussion (Merged)

auburnphan

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

It is kind of funny how so many reporters and people like Brandon Marcello base a lot off of this forum.  We really should test this theory and say something outrageous and have multiple people back it up.  Then lets listen to the podcasts and read the articles to see if it shows up.  It's like if you put a red dye in a stream to see where it ends up.

“Only a rumor, at this time, but

Reports are surfacing that Coach Malzahn visited one Almira McGillicuddy, a locally noted barfly in and about Decatur, GA on a recent trip through ATL. Little notice was taken until one of our intrepid reporters found that Ms. McGillicuddy could claim parentage from both John Heisman, and “Ed” Smith, and that she was a competent practitioner of a “very forward” pass. Only time will tell, but we’re on it.”

RedDye @ WTFootball.com

["fair use," thy name is satire]

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Offenses are evolving into a blend of both offenses and using whichever one works best in creating mismatches with defensive schemes and gameplans

The effective ones are. ;)

17 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

I like Scott but just don't think that will happen because we wouldn't have a QB coach.

of course, that's assuming the rest of the staff doesn't change with the new OC...

16 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Offenses are evolving into a blend of both offenses and using whichever one works best in creating mismatches with defensive schemes and gameplans

Well............this is what smart coaches are implementing.

Oklahoma State had the 8th best passing attack all season last year. Auburn was 109 behind the stalwarts like Uconn and LA Monroe.......

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/passing

28 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

“Only a rumor, at this time, but

Reports are surfacing that Coach Malzahn visited one Almira McGillicuddy, a locally noted barfly in and about Decatur, GA on a recent trip through ATL. Little notice was taken until one of our intrepid reporters found that Ms. McGillicuddy could claim parentage from both John Heisman, and “Ed” Smith, and that she was a competent practitioner of a “very forward” pass. Only time will tell, but we’re on it.”

RedDye @ WTFootball.com

["fair use," thy name is satire]

Now that would be a special blend.  Kind of reminds me of Secretariat.  It would be a glorious mix of speed and endurance.  Hope this rumor is true

I hate to sound like a newbie but has the NCAA followed the NFL rule and made it legal to throw a 40 yard pass?

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

The thinking is, this is possibly a second interview in Auburn.

The one thing I worry about is this may be one of those, 'I'll interview and get a nice increase in salary' when I go back to OSU, because he really doesn't want to leave OSU or Gundy.

Just speculation but it does happen like this. I do believe he would be the best fit with experience that is left on the board I think.

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

The one thing I worry about is this may be one of those, 'I'll interview and get a nice increase in salary' when I go back to OSU, because he really doesn't want to leave OSU or Gundy.

Just speculation but it does happen like this. I do believe he would be the best fit with experience that is left on the board I think.

anyone who is out from under gus offense and is the opposite of him is a great fit in my book!

52 minutes ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Yurcich is still the best option imo, love what he has done as QB coach and OC.

Agree. I can 100% get on board with having him as our OC. Couldn't say the same with the others mentioned. Not that i think they were bad but I really like what Yurcich has done at OSU. Add in our running ability....really excited about the possibility of getting this guy! Make it happen! WDE!

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

I doubt that would be successful.  Auburn would obviously be willing to give him a nice increase in salary if he is the desired candidate, but I doubt Oklahoma State is going to go far in a bid war before they decide to just let him go and find a replacement.  They had a successful Air Raid offense before Yurcich, and will continue with one after Yurcich, so why invest heavily in him?

I could definitely see Oklahoma State opening up the checkbook if we started trying to go after Gundy though.

2 minutes ago, autigersj said:

Breaking: Auburn to interview Georgia Tech OC John Bond. Source says, Malzahn wants to incorporate the triple option into his offense.

Par 3, 2...

3 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I doubt that would be successful.  Auburn would obviously be willing to give him a nice increase in salary if he is the desired candidate, but I doubt Oklahoma State is going to go far in a bid war before they decide to just let him go and find a replacement.  They had a successful Air Raid offense before Yurcich, and will continue with one after Yurcich, so why invest heavily in him?

I could definitely see Oklahoma State opening up the checkbook if we started trying to go after Gundy though.

Maybe the guy that want to replace him with is the guy we should really be going after?

1 hour ago, Timeslider 6 said:

yeah, tee martin is from mobile, i believe and yes we did recruit him up until he signed with UT

He was committed to us and was a signing day flip...he backed up Peyton Manning for a couple of years before starting. If I remember correctly, there was some issues with a teacher that was a Tennessee grad...can't remember the details.

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Maybe the guy that want to replace him with is the guy we should really be going after?

The OC position at Oklahoma State is generally occupied by someone they can consider replaceable, and the Air Raid coaching tree with connections to the Big 12 is pretty fruitful.  Of course, I imagine they would rather keep him for the sake of continuity, I just doubt it is enough to spend what Auburn has demonstrated it will spend for a desired coordinator.

1 hour ago, ScottsboroAuburnFan said:

Yurcich is still the best option imo, love what he has done as QB coach and OC.

Yep it seems that way at this point unless there is someone else that is not being mentioned. I just want Gus to get the right person. 

9 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Yep it seems that way at this point unless there is someone else that is not being mentioned. 

Well, this could be a huge smoke screen.  No one was prepared for the Kevin Steele as AU DC announcement.  Even out so-called "insiders" were blind sided by that hire.

5 minutes ago, AU80cruiser said:

No, he's a goober.

but is he the gobbledy gooker though?

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

Well, this could be a huge smoke screen.  No one was prepared for the Kevin Steele as AU DC announcement.  Even out so-called "insiders" were blind sided by that hire.

True. And I was underwhelmed by the hire. Shows what I know. Best defense in almost a decade with little offensive help in about 5 games. 

6 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I see where you're coming from, but you can't bring in a guy like Jarrett Stidham, and have him doing handoffs and bubble screens. That would be such a waste of potential. Jarrett's a peacock! You gotta let him fly!

I would prefer he is a Tiger you have to let him roar or he is an Eagle you have to let him fly,but that's just me.

Archived