Gus seems very confident today

gr82b4au

Even more so than usual. The O with Stidham (he will start despite the "competition talk"), a stronger defense with talent, and a good kicking game - this should be his best team at AU. He knows it. Now we just have to prove it on the field. 

That's what I'm saying...Everyone should feel the same. Seems like some fans are trying to find something to worry about. Jarrett WILL be great and could possibly be one of the best qb's in the nation. We have the best rb duo in the nation. We will have a top notch o-line and d-line with plenty of depth, up and coming wr's due for success, lockdown corner in Carlton Davis and other good cb's, seasoned linebackers who are ready to QB the defense, Tray Matthews manning the safeties, the best kicker in the nation, and a brand spankin new killer offense drawn up by Chip Lindsay. Need I say more?

5 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

That's what I'm saying...Everyone should feel the same. Seems like some fans are trying to find something to worry about. Jarrett WILL be great and could possibly be one of the best qb's in the nation. We have the best rb duo in the nation. We will have a top notch o-line and d-line with plenty of depth, up and coming wr's due for success, lockdown corner in Carlton Davis and other good cb's, seasoned linebackers who are ready to QB the defense, Tray Matthews manning the safeties, the best kicker in the nation, and a brand spankin new killer offense drawn up by Chip Lindsay. Need I say more?

And with Gus running the show what is there to worry about?

Just now, McLoofus said:

Genuine LOL. Well played. 

It was was right there.  If I didn't say it someone else would have............

Honestly I think this is the year that he finally sits back and lets Chip run the O, Steele run the D, Daniel kick the game winners, and he will just be the HC like basically every other college coach in the country. 

37 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

And with Gus running the show what is there to worry about?

I knew that was coming.

If I had Bubba and Stidham in the backfield I'd be acting like a Greek God at Media Day.  I hate to jinx us, but we could be very, very, very good at tackle football this year fellas...

59 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

It was Gus' best appearance at SECMD in 5 years and it's not even close. 

This is true......he actually sounded very good on XM

1 hour ago, Johndunc said:

Gus showed a lot of "class" today. All but one coach did, should I say more?

When has that other coach ever shown class? If you ain't got it, you can't show it. :wareagle:

‘ “The punter position is the biggest question mark we have going into the season,” Malzahn said Thursday at SEC Media Days.’

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-football-foothold-possible-answers-biggest-question-mark-2017

ETA - though I consider that one pretty important

I tune Gus out.  Talk is cheap when it comes to Gus.  He needs to win a lot and beat uga.  If we beat Clemson, I will consider paying attention to what Gus says.

wde

23 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

It was Gus' best appearance at SECMD in 5 years and it's not even close. 

I agree completely and he should be very confident with our team. I don't like the way he finds a way to make comparisons with the 2013 team alot. He said they were hungry just like 2013 or something to that effect. I believe he has compared 2 of his team's to 2013 since the 2013 season. That was a magical season the 2nd greatest season I have even seen or been a part of besides 2010 but I would like to him compare next year's to to the 2017 team at SECMD. Cause that would mean we had a special season this year. 

This was his best performance in Hoover though and like I said he has reasons to be confident.

1 hour ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

‘ “The punter position is the biggest question mark we have going into the season,” Malzahn said Thursday at SEC Media Days.’

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/auburn-football-foothold-possible-answers-biggest-question-mark-2017

ETA - though I consider that one pretty important

I don't expect to use our punter much this year.

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

For comparison purposes, in 2010 Auburn punted 42 times and 2013 56 times.

Source

13 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I am with you. Inside the 40 we are kicking a fg, and I see alot more tds this year.

1 hour ago, aufan57 said:

For comparison purposes, in 2010 Auburn punted 42 times and 2013 56 times.

Source

42 punts in 14 games. That's stupid.

I'll bet 5 of them was in the Natty

1 minute ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

42 punts in 14 games. That's stupid.

I'll bet 5 of them was in the Natty

Yep, Shoemaker punted 5 times against Oregon

Link

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Who is running the O and calling the plays?

wde

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

I am sure that both he and his girlfriend are relieved to know that. :big:

Archived