Know your opponent

bigbird

These UW fans must think the Seahawks are dressing in their locker room this Saturday lol. So much blatant disregard like our  group of guys never had to face the likes of UGA, Clemson and Bama. I am not saying UW won’t beat us but please stop acting like we are about to face something we have never seen before. 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DAG said:

These UW fans must think the Seahawks are dressing in their locker room this Saturday lol. So much blatant disregard like these group of guys never had to face the lines of UGA, Clemson and Bama. I am not saying UW won’t beat us but please stop acting like we are about to face something we have never seen before. 

Always one of my favorite go-to pre-game smack talk arguments.... "You ain't never....fill in the blank...!!"

I'm with you though.  I see no reason that UDub won't fight like heck and give our guys all they can handle.  I see this coming down to *gulp* coaching.

9 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Always one of my favorite go-to pre-game smack talk arguments.... "You ain't never....fill in the blank...!!"

I'm with you though.  I see no reason that UDub won't fight like heck and give our guys all they can handle.  I see this coming down to *gulp* coaching.

It will come down to that. The bottom line is UW is not more talented than us. We see faster and stronger players at practice . Does not mean they won’t beat us. Heck look at UCF last year.  There is a reason why Auburn is a slight favorite even though UW is ranked higher and supposedly the clear favorite to win the pac 12.

Just now, DAG said:

It will come down to that. The bottom line is UW is not more talented than us. We see faster and stronger players at practice . Does not mean they won’t beat us. Heck look at UCF last year.  There is a reason why Auburn is a slight favor even though UW is ranked higher and supposedly the clear favorite to win the pac 12.

The (very) good news is at least, unlike the post-seccg blah bowl, motivation won't be an issue.

I love this opponent.  This is what Football is all about!!

Just now, AUsince72 said:

The (very) good news is at least, unlike the post-seccg blah bowl, motivation won't be an issue.

I love this opponent.  This is what Football is all about!!

Yep if anything, we should be beyond motivated, especially after how some of the coaches feel about our players. I hope Gus also has a chip on his shoulder too.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

It will come down to that. The bottom line is UW is not more talented than us. We see faster and stronger players at practice . Does not mean they won’t beat us. Heck look at UCF last year.  There is a reason why Auburn is a slight favor even though UW is ranked higher and supposedly the clear favorite to win the pac 12.

Of course betting determines who is the favorite ….at least if you are looking at Vegas odds.  

Not sure what the talking heads are saying however.  Anyone out there making predictions who would maybe know what they are talking about :dunno:

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yep if anything, we should be beyond motivated, especially after how some of the coaches feel about our players. I hope Gus also has a chip on his shoulder too.

Me too.  Time to dust off the "WE BEAT'DA DAWGCRAP OUTTA EM" speech!!!

Fits just as well with PNW Huskies as it does with Deep South Bullpups!

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Of course betting determines who is the favorite ….at least if you are looking at Vegas odds.  

Not sure what the talking heads are saying however.  Anyone out there making predictions who would maybe know what they are talking about :dunno:

I predict one of these teams will win. It's a fact...you can take THAT to the bank!!!  

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Most of the ESPN "expert" picks have it at 52/48 in favor of UW.  College Football News (my favorite site) has a consensus of AU winning, but also by a slim margin.  Basically, toss up, much like the Vegas line.

Auburn has the talent advantage and the crowd advantage - the place will be rockin.  Our offense faces a nasty ass defense every day of the week - they will be ready.

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

But let's hope that Chip doesn't have a Gus on his shoulder. #dadjokes #humor #comedy

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

But let's hope that Chip doesn't have a Gus on his shoulder. #dadjokes #humor #comedy

This just in...

Video of Coach Chip Lindsey receiving the opening week game plan:

tenor.gif

24 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Most of the ESPN "expert" picks have it at 52/48 in favor of UW.  College Football News (my favorite site) has a consensus of AU winning, but also by a slim margin.  Basically, toss up, much like the Vegas line.

Thanks....that is what the respective rankings should indicate with AU having a home field advantage of sorts...maybe like a couple points.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

At the very least he’ have a Chip over his shoulder! Sorry ? 

That site is 81% mentally unstable nut jobs. They specifically ask for no racist crap but it's a constant spew. They promote drug use and making fun of physical and mental disabilities. Anyone media personnel found to be associated with the site lose their media access. They are just there to beat their own chests, I am not sure how they have lasted so long.

If you want a a real discussion with functional adults check out our site on SBnation, uwdawgpound.com.

18 minutes ago, MylesJBryant said:

That site is 81% mentally unstable nut jobs. They specifically ask for no racist crap but it's a constant spew. They promote drug use and making fun of physical and mental disabilities. Anyone media personnel found to be associated with the site lose their media access. They are just there to beat their own chests, I am not sure how they have lasted so long.

If you want a a real discussion with functional adults check out our site on SBnation, uwdawgpound.com.

Yeah, every fan base has that lunatic fringe *GASP*...even Auburn.  That "forum" doesn't seem to care about talking football but rather just try and out-pervert each other.

Thank you for the suggestion.

And Welcome!

5 hours ago, keesler said:

Auburn has the talent advantage and the crowd advantage - the place will be rockin.  Our offense faces a nasty ass defense every day of the week - they will be ready.

I admire your optimism for this season.  If Auburn does dominate this game, please PM me a list of your medications.  And, I'm being serious...I could use them.  Seriously.

13 hours ago, DAG said:

“Oh and all of their LBs are black.”

” I think their entire defense is dark skin black like Alabama and they’re fast and violent. 

My goodness.

If it makes it any better, they seem super homophobic, too.

Sigh. That doesn't make it any better at all.

They're clearly a bunch of self-loathing incels who could never hate anyone else as much as they hate themselves.

13 hours ago, MylesJBryant said:

Welcome!  We are looking forward to the game, and hope everyone makes it out healthy as well.

15 hours ago, MylesJBryant said:

Sorry on the confusion. When I was saying BIG I was mainly referring to the Outside guys. Havent seen any line backers that are 260, 270+ after spending the entire offseason slimming down.

Cool. But if we call our defensive ends "linebackers" like you do, then our "outside guys" are 6'3 273 and 6'5 282. You're right. You haven't seen any like them. I guess it's because your team plays in the opposite corner of the country from where the athletes are? 

Biggest one on your roster is 253. So yes they are BIG Backs, unless you want to admit your linebackers are small. Even inside Tevis would be the biggest Back on your roster. If he is average for the SEC are you saying auburn's undersized defense will struggle this year?

I think the other troll was a little better informed and more fun. 

Potoa'e was going to be moved to Nose Tackle this year but committed to reshaping his body and dropping 30 lbs. You ain't seen anyone like him

Well, again with the 2 guys on our roster right now. Then there's Myles Garrett (6'4 274, #1 pick in the draft) from TAMU, Austin Bryant (6'6 280) from Clemson, Da'Shawn Hand (6'4 298) and Anfernee Jennings (6'3 267) from alabama, Johnathan Ledbetter (6'4 277) from uga... I mean, these are just guys off the top of my head that we've faced the last couple years and who we'll face this year and who we face every week.

We have no problem believing that YOU haven't seen anyone like Potato, but he wouldn't start for us or half the teams on our schedule. Believe me when I tell you that 6'0 227, 1-handed Shaquem Griffin caused Kevin Steele to lose more sleep than either of your "outside linebackers" will. Your defense is good. It will cause problems for us. It is not because that one kid weighs 270 lbs. 

I like your passion. Keep watching football. Hopefully your team will stay relevant and hold your interest until you understand the sport a little better.

Archived