What is the most pivotal game this season?

Auburnfan91

Most Pivitol game?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What's The Most Pivitol Game This Season

• Oregon
    • @ Texas A&M
    • Miss St.
    • @ Florida
    • @ Arkansas
    • @ LSU
    • UGA
    • Bama

We're still 7 weeks away until football season and media days are next week. Looking at our 2019 schedule which is tough as always, what do you think is the most pivotal game on the schedule? Basically which game will have a big determination on how the season turns out?

Me personally, I think  October 5 at Florida will be the most pivotal game because of where it's placed on our schedule. We're likely to be 4-1 heading to the Swamp and a win there could build momentum and give us a chance to win the West heading into Amen Corner. But a loss at Florida could cause our season to head south. Last year it turns out that the Mississippi State game was the turning point of the season.. After the loss you could feel the air come out of the team and our season took a downward turn. We never really recovered from that loss because the next week Tennessee beat an unmotivated Auburn team at home.

August 31 - Oregon
September 7 - Tulane
September 14 - Kent St
September 21 - at Texas A&M
September 28 - Mississippi State
October 5 - at Florida
October 19 - at Arkansas
October 26 - at LSU
November 2 - Ole Miss
November 16 - Georgia
November 23 - Samford
November 30 - Alabama

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Last year it turns out that the Mississippi State game was the turning point of the season..

Man I don’t know. Mississippi State may have been the turning point for the team, but the crowd gave up on Gus after LSU. Lot of foul moods. One fan was literally yelling at his wife for not walking fast enough.

I think winning one of Oregon/ aTm is critical

Florida, LSU, and Georgia are also critical. Need two out of three here. 

If this happens, I’ll take my chances with 9 win Auburn v. Saban.

Would love to be on a roll by then though, so I’m hypothetically hoping Florida is the L 😂

LSU. It has been 20 years since we have won at Red Stick man. End this freaking curse already. O and please Do not go to 0-3 vs a guy who you cannot even understand a word of what he is saying lol.

Tennessee was the turning point last year. Miss st would have been overlooked if we beat Tennessee. 

This season it’s every game from AnM to Ole Miss. gotta win all these. 

We will be fortunate to be 4-1 come UF week. I hope the UF game is as pivotal as the op thinks. 

I think beating the Aggies is pivotal, because of where that game is on the schedule. Win that one and a lot of pieces can fall into place. A loss there makes it an uphill pull from there on out.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

LSU. It has been 20 years since we have won at Red Stick man. End this freaking curse already. O and please Do not go to 0-3 vs a guy who you cannot even understand a word of what he is saying lol.

😂.........sadly I understand him perfectly.........Bayou Speak😂

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think beating the Aggies is pivotal, because of where that game is on the schedule. Win that one and a lot of pieces can fall into place. A loss there makes it an uphill pull from there on out.

I agree. It seems like the 2 best seasons we have had in 10 years...everything turned after beating aTm....also, the 2014 season turned from being Natty contenders to 8-5 after the aTm game. We need revenge on Jimbo. I hope the Aggies are undefeated when we go there.

8 hours ago, alexava said:

Tennessee was the turning point last year. Miss st would have been overlooked if we beat Tennessee. 

This season it’s every game from AnM to Ole Miss. gotta win all these. 

I can't imagine any circumstances under which that embarrassment would or should have been overlooked. That was a division game and it happened 3 weeks over choking away yet another LSU game. Gus simply cannot keep doing crap like that. 

It was a division game!

9 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Man I don’t know. Mississippi State may have been the turning point for the team, but the crowd gave up on Gus after LSU. Lot of foul moods. One fan was literally yelling at his wife for not walking fast enough.

I think winning one of Oregon/ aTm is critical

Florida, LSU, and Georgia are also critical. Need two out of three here. 

If this happens, I’ll take my chances with 9 win Auburn v. Saban.

Would love to be on a roll by then though, so I’m hypothetically hoping Florida is the L 😂

Some giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d2493222f2e566741 thinking there geoffrey.

Sad to say but the opener is critical. Lose that one and the non Gus folks will be rabid. 

10 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Some giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d2493222f2e566741 thinking there geoffrey.

giphy.gif

tumblr_mrje9sZqWd1qelyu3o1_500.gif

22631090-d253-0132-45fd-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

14 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Sad to say but the opener is critical. Lose that one and the non Gus folks will be rabid. 

They will be rabid no matter which game we lose. If we lose none, they will still be rabid over some minor detail in the program. It's how they roll.

8 minutes ago, WarTim said:

True, but "we" are pretty far down the list of reasons Gus needs to do a good job in that game. And I do mean do a good job. Win? Well, we'll just have to see what kind of mistakes we make and how good Oregon ends up being. Given how everything played out against Washington last year, I would have coped with a loss MUCH better than I did either of the Clemson humiliations the prior two years. It would have been a loss attributable to a bunch of young and inexperienced players making first game mistakes. But at least we broke some tendencies on offense and gave our players chances to make plays.

Those Clemson losses, though... Our players were up to the task but our coach was not. There can't be any more of that. He's long since used up his mulligans but our recently departed president miraculously bought Gus another year by overpaying him. (!?!?!?!?!)

Anyway. Gus might be able to get away with losing to a good team in the opener. But if he doesn't even show up- as he has done numerous times in recent seasons- then yeah, our season and his career will likely be in major jeopardy. 

Oregon . Lose that game and he will be playing catch up the rest of the season.

23 minutes ago, WarTim said:

You mean pro auburn fans? 

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

They will be rabid no matter which game we lose. If we lose none, they will still be rabid over some minor detail in the program. It's how they roll.

When in year 5 you are still have major problems on the side of the ball that the HC got his job for there are going to be people pissed off. Especially when the same problems crop up year after year. 50% on the coaching and preparation. The offensive side of the ball can look like one of the most unstoppable offenses in college football to be a absolute joke in a week.

Just now, McLoofus said:

Whoa. Somebody makes fun of the dude and he posts 3 gifs to show how excited he is that anybody's thinking about him at all. :(

I was just impressed that he thinks those games are critical. Wow. The most critical will be the first one. Then the most critical will be the 2nd one. All these games will be critical this year for Gus. He has lost at least 2/3 of the fan base. He better not let a UT game happen again. Losing is one thing. Compete hard and losing a game happens to them all. But the way Gus loses games has to stop.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

You mean pro auburn fans? 

We are all pro Auburn fans. Being a diverse community it just means we just see things 50 million different ways.

Just now, ellitor said:

We are all pro Auburn fans. Being a diverse community it just means we just see things 50 million different ways.

Exactly . 

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Whoa. Somebody makes fun of the dude and he posts 3 gifs to show how excited he is that anybody's thinking about him at all. :(

That’s why I say it’s best to ignore some of these dudes. You were ahead of the curve. I am convinced a small minority are actually validated as people through this forum. Sad indeed. 

13 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Just impressed with your thinking that Oregon, A&M, LSU, UF and UGA are critical games.

giphy.gif

That isn’t the only thing you read though. It’s like you’re trying to embarrass yourself. 

Archived