Keeping outback practice secret

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

From a good source...........We are going to hurry to the line of scrimmage. Then the running back will line up in the slot, leaving us with an empty backfield. But this time, sneaky Bo will wave his hand at the running back who will return to his usual position in the backfield. The Gophers will be caught completely of guard. 

After a timeout?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was really being sarcastic, earlier Maybe lol'ing the new trick play proposition, but I'm glad practce is secret and am excited to see our boys hang 65 on Minnesota and punish them for the being the Boise State of '19.

14 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Yep if anything I seen Bo pull the ball and either flip it to Stove or force feed the ball to Seth

If you bet against the up the middle run after a big play you would be broke by halftime. 

2 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

If you bet against the up the middle run after a big play you would be broke by halftime. 

Facts

4 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I haven’t seen that run up the middle call much all season like people have been saying

It was there, just rarely for big gains.  That's because our OL was soft as Charmin in the middle.

1 hour ago, jAUSon said:

I was really being sarcastic, earlier Maybe lol'ing the new trick play proposition, but I'm glad practce is secret and am excited to see our boys hang 65 on Minnesota and punish them for the being the Boise State of '19.

^^^^ this

guys geezzzzz....  I thought most of these were obviously joking...  I know mine was not serious... man...

2 hours ago, TigerCatcher said:

There exactly two fan bases that are happy with their current HC...this clearly isn't one of them.  

Crazy how much heat Lincoln Riley is taking this week, so not surprising to see what's posted here.

Ha, when any random idiot can post anonymously with little to no ramifications for whatever crap is typed, it really takes the term “fanatic” to a new level. Sports, politics, entertainment, really anything. It’s a different ballgame than it was even just a few years ago. 

21 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Ha, when any random idiot can post anonymously with little to no ramifications for whatever crap is typed, it really takes the term “fanatic” to a new level. Sports, politics, entertainment, really anything. It’s a different ballgame than it was even just a few years ago. 

Yep....and it's sad as to what passes for witty repartee these days.

As for practice...."don't show 'em anything".   let 'em see it when Bo runs the plays.  

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Spent Christmas week in Auburn and rumor has it that we are in for some exciting new wrinkles.

I  had no problem with "play calling" this past season though.

Except for two games and occasional brain farts in other games it wasn’t too bad. 

6 hours ago, JGLEATON said:

and a double reverse statue of liberty,,, where the QB tosses it BACK to the RB again... and.... he runs up the middle anyway...  Brilliant!!

Lololol. I nearly spit my drink out when reading this part. 

I don’t care if Gus never lets anyone other than the team see practice. All I want is for our offense to run smoothly , like our defense. I really felt good when Gus mentioned it was good to get Chad in to kind of scout our offense ( Gus) tendencies. That’s what he needs. I have faith in Gus’s ability to create good plays, it’s his knack for doing the same thing over and over that bugs me. Like getting a big play and go hurry up and run the rb right behind the center. Not just occasional, ever blessed time. Why not throw a long pass on that first down because everybody on defense is going to be at the line of scrimmage waiting on the RB to get there . SMH 🤦‍♂️ 

Word is Minnesota was caught filming practices last year before their bowl game 

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

Word is Minnesota was caught filming practices last year before their bowl game 

Must have ex New England patriot staff on their team.  Probably need to check the air pressure in the footballs too.  

12 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

Look how sensitive this board is now....can't joke on things that's funny.  Passive aggressive posters are angry, don't let them trick you though if there could be ramifications which one of the people that posted because it irks them would do anything? Not a one.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Look how sensitive this board is now....can't joke on things that's funny.  Passive aggressive posters are angry, don't let them trick you though if there could be ramifications which one of the people that posted because it irks them would do anything? Not a one.

Yes I know what you mean. Sometimes the joke boomerangs back on the joker and they don’t like it. Go figure....lol

9 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Serious? Or joking ?

Serious from what I’ve seen. Georgia Tech coach just chose to not make a big stink out of it.

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Serious from what I’ve seen. Georgia Tech coach just chose to not make a big stink out of it.

Gus obviously knew about this when he was scouting the parking deck

15 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Why not throw a long pass on that first down because everybody on defense is going to be at the line of scrimmage waiting on the RB to get there . SMH 🤦‍♂️ 

We threw a decent number of passes on first down....of course the problem is you better hit it....otherwise we at 2nd and 10 and having to pass again and folks are immediately complaining about the play calls....  

I'm good with letting the coaches plan the game....and see what the overall result is rather than critiquing it play by play...which IMO is kind of like reading a book and after each page, making some declaration about the author's skill and the quality of the story. :dunno:

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

We threw a decent number of passes on first down....of course the problem is you better hit it....otherwise we at 2nd and 10 and having to pass again and folks are immediately complaining about the play calls....  

I'm good with letting the coaches plan the game....and see what the overall result is rather than critiquing it play by play...which IMO is kind of like reading a book and after each page, making some declaration about the author's skill and the quality of the story. :dunno:

What would you call a story where the OC, in year 7 of his tenure, orchestrates three games where the offense fails to score more than 20 points (14 or less twice) and produce more than 329 yards of total offense (less than 300 twice), all while being gifted a short field and a minimal point deficit time after time by heroic defensive effort?

That's only 3 pages, right? Too bad the book is only 13 pages long. 

Archived