Minnesota Post-Game Thread

AUDynasty

36 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

look. you do you and i will do me ok? we disagree. i am not going to tell you to toughen up or leave because i disagree with you. i like it it here. AUmight or might not care about me. but my dad played foorball for auburn. my grandfather taught horseback riding to the rotc cats. my uncle was tied in somehow to the fish farms that belonged to auburn and he got some kind of degree out of that. so i am very grateful to auburn. i love auburn and she............the people, the city, and the university did care enough about different people in my family to give them chances at different things and some success as well. so auburn is my heart and will be well entrenched until the day i die.

No one questions your loyalty, but you shouldn't scold us like children, because of the ineptness of Gus Malzahn. I guarantee you that critics of Gus are just as loyal as you.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

you miss the part about emailing the AD? no one on here can change anything and you know it. if you really want change you go to those that can change things.some people just want to run things down. i mean how many frigging times does one have to say they are not happy? a hundred? a thousand? if only one single thing is known on this board it is folks are not happy with gus on this board.

I’m confused. I thought I remember you just a few weeks back voicing your displeasure with Gus and the need for a change. Am I getting you mixed up with someone else?

22 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Eh. Our world class defense also got smoked today to the tune of almost 500 yards. Total team loss. 

well said.   Thanks.

Just remember. Gus has won the Iron Bowl 3 times in his 7 years as head coach here. Each of those 3 years he went on to lose the bowl game..... The Gus experience in a nutshell.

10 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I wish Gus would stop saying Nix will win a championship...

You got to put him in a better position to win one. Gus isn't helping

Me too. Frankly, he keeps saying that but I just dont see a game breaker at qb. Gus either needs a game breaker Cam Newton type or a star studded supporting cast with a really solid sometimes spectacular qb with a good defense to win big. Nix is heady for a freshman but I'm not seeing the game breaker thing. I expect with a 5 star qb we could push the ball down the field way better than we did today and in several other games this year, but it was mostly dink and dunk. 

I am watching UW right now. They couldn't work the middle, so guess what they are doing...WORKING THE EDGES. Adapt, adapt, adapt

Guess mostly what I learned from today's game is that I would be going after Jamie Newman who will be a Grad Trans from Wake Forest....made for the Gus type offense and used to playing in a offense where he's under pressure most of the time.  .

3 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

I expect with a 5 star qb we could push the ball down the field way better than we did today and in several other games this year, but it was mostly dink and dunk. 

This has everything to do with the offense as a whole and not his star rating.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Guess mostly what I learned from today's game is that I would be going after Jamie Newman who will be a Grad Trans from Wake Forest....made for the Gus type offense and used to playing in a offense where he's under pressure most of the time.  .

Has he expressed interest in being Bo’s backup?

11 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

No one questions your loyalty, but you shouldn't scold us like children, because of the ineptness of Gus Malzahn. I guarantee you that critics of Gus are just as loyal as you.

Try IGGY then you won't have to engage in arguing with a brick wall.

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

Has he expressed interest in being Bo’s backup?

I realize this is a sensitive subject and I might be the only one...but I've lost confidence in Bo.....13 games and making the same bad decisions....still missing open receivers or not even seeing them.    :dunno:

2 hours ago, everybody knows my name said:

Auburn is only the second best team Minnesota beat this year.

It was gratifying to see a B1G team put an SEC team in its place, after all the smug “they can’t handle our speed,” “we’ll dominate them on the line,” and “there’s a huge talent gap” comments.  Typical that instead of giving the opponent any credit, SEC fans call for their own coach to be fired.  After all, your boys are undeniably superior to any yankee squad.

Sorry, I meant to be more gracious than this.  I’ll show myself the door.

We expect to win down here, and we  do have a sh|t coach. As a Minnersota fan, these are things you don't understand. 

Good game though, those boys busted our ass. There's your credit.

Just now, AU64 said:

I realize this is a sensitive subject and I might be the only one...but I've lost confidence in Bo.....13 games and making the same bad decisions....still missing open receivers or not even seeing them.    :dunno:

It doesn’t matter how you feel. Gus loves him. Therefore any QB who transfers in will be sitting. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

The Lindsey Hairston tweet is hilarious. Only my frustration is keeping me from flat out 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣!

• WarTiger changed the title to Minnesota Post-Game Thread
1 minute ago, AU64 said:

I'd be interested to see what he does early next year.  He's still a freshman so I can give him some leeway.  Morris has a long record of good QB development.

5 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Start a poll:   What was the worst part of the Outback Bowl?

A.  AU coaching

B.  AU run defense

C.  Rod Gilmore

I would like to add in D. Jason Benetti the play by play guys. Dude is the Beth Mowens for men announcers. His monotone voice is absolutely awful.

1 minute ago, Farmer Brown said:

i specifically called out some but not all you downers.and no not all of you are. go back through this very thread and it was stated by another person he wished we had lost the iron bowl. that is not loyalty. there are plenty of folks on here that do not like gus but they word it with class. i stated after joey left i was done with gus but i will still support him and the team until he leaves. and yes how many times can you bang on gus without just being repetitive. and farmer if i got on you it was because you insulted me. you call me out but look how you guys treat 64 and  mikey. some of the downers have even started threads daring pumpers to come chat. it is not what you and others want but just how you go about getting it. jesus some jumped a lady on here after one of the losses and it got pretty ugly. and she was being nice. if you truly and honestly love something do they not deserve class? maybe i am wrong. i love winning but i love auburn more than wins and losses. i love auburn enough that i will not be negative in a time that people i  love are hurting as bad as i am.

7 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Start a poll:   What was the worst part of the Outback Bowl?

A.  AU coaching

B.  AU run defense

C.  Rod Gilmore

Rod "I know I've already said this 100 times, but let me reiterate: Auburn was really up for this game" Gilmore

10 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Did Coynis Miller see any action today? I don't recall seeing #8 on the field.

I definitely saw him on the field. I, however, do not know if he saw or noticed or participated in any of the action. I could say the same about Newkirk and Truesdall also.

3 hours ago, Shady Hollow AU said:

Our offense every year.

But hey, it worked once.

In fairness to Gus, Mr. Miagi did say, "If do right; no defense." We seldom "do right."

Archived