2021 4* QB Dematrius Davis Commits to AU!

ellitor

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

No doubt he'll lock down QB2

Poor Chayil got brought here for no reason teN1 for Q

He will compete for QB1.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

He will compete for QB1.

And lose lol

12 hours ago, Zeek said:

No doubt he'll lock down QB2

Poor Chayil got brought here for no reason 

Chayil will probably go the same route as WIllis ended up doing.

I will be surprised if Harsin doesn't find a QB in the transfer portal to bring in to backup Bo for now or if he is a FR/So transfer, someone who will compete for the job in 1 year.

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

Chayil will probably go the same route as WIllis ended up doing.

I will be surprised if Harsin doesn't find a QB in the transfer portal to bring in to backup Bo for now or if he is a FR/So transfer, someone who will compete for the job in 1 year.

Eh, again it would be a waste of a roster spot unless Loy, Chayil, or Cord leave. 

We need RBs

We need OTs and eve some OGs

We need CBs and Safeties who aren't burnt toast

Heck we could use more edge rushers.

All much higher priorities.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Eh, again it would be a waste of a roster spot unless Loy, Chayil, or Cord leave. 

We need RBs

We need OTs and eve some OGs

We need CBs and Safeties who aren't burnt toast

Heck we could use more edge rushers.

All much higher priorities.

Oh, I agree with the priority needs in other areas. I was just addressing the need at QB, since he is a QB developer and its a key part of his offense. 

Having Bo is NOT going to be enough, and I don't know what he thinks about Davis fitting his offense. 

And of those QBs you mentioned, if CBH gets his transfer QB, then 2 of those 3 will probably need to transfer.

I don’t understand writing Bo off completely as some are doing. I remember Jason Campbell having a lot of struggles early in his career. He got it turned around and had a great senior year. Bo obviously has issues to correct but I think the right QB coach can do that. And I also think a system that allows him to play to his strengths rather than just throw bubble screens and go routes will help him tremendously as well. His problems remind me a lot of Sean White where he’s constantly asked to do things that aren’t what he succeeds at most. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

and I don't know what he thinks about Davis fitting his offense. 

A coach that knows what he's doing with adjust and compensate his philosophy to take advantage of a players ability.  Its sad that Bo was allowed to get away with poor mechanics and fundamentals this year because they are now ingrained in his feet and throwing motion. It will take major work to get it out of him. Don't discount Davis making a splash this spring. This guy is dynamic and will play. How much? Who knows, but he is really good

3 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I don’t understand writing Bo off completely as some are doing. I remember Jason Campbell having a lot of struggles early in his career. He got it turned around and had a great senior year. Bo obviously has issues to correct but I think the right QB coach can do that. And I also think a system that allows him to play to his strengths rather than just throw bubble screens and go routes will help him tremendously as well. His problems remind me a lot of Sean White where he’s constantly asked to do things that aren’t what he succeeds at most. 

One key fact about J Campbell - he had 4 different OCs if I recall.  Very hard to excel while learning a new O every spring.

Harsin is more about adapting to the skill sets in front of him I read. 

I will believe Harsin is exactly what Auburn needs until I am proven wrong.

7 minutes ago, Beaker said:

One key fact about J Campbell - he had 4 different OCs if I recall.  Very hard to excel while learning a new O every spring.

Yes he did. He has said multiple times that helped prepare him for the NFL. I remember Campbell's SR year. Every time he dropped back...you could pretty much just throw your hands in the air before he released the ball..kid was money. I haven't had that confidence in a QB passing since JC. Not in Cam..Not Stid, Not Marshall. None. Not even close. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

It just takes the right person to turn around a QB.  Jason Campbell had the perfect one in Al Borges,  Hopefully Bo can have the same outcomes with the new coach.  

• Like 1

Forgive my ignorance but in the past, if you transferred, you had to sit a year before playing. Is that not the case due to COVID this year? 

13 minutes ago, roe4christ said:

Forgive my ignorance but in the past, if you transferred, you had to sit a year before playing. Is that not the case due to COVID this year? 

New transfer rules.

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Does DD fit what Hars likes in QBs? How does he fit in what will be our new system?

The good thing is with a actual QB developer there is no system. He fits the offense around his personal and doesn't try to force guys to do things they aren't good at.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, toddc said:

New transfer rules.

So anyone that transfers in this off season can play immediately?  If so, that is great and I could see that as how CBH will try to reload at positions of need for immediate playing time and depth.  Thanks toddc for the clarification.  Living overseas, hard to keep up with what's going on.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

The good thing is with a actual QB developer there is no system. He fits the offense around his personal and doesn't try to force guys to do things they aren't good at.

tenor (1).gif

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

******* imagine 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

An offense that plays to his strengths? Harsin's offense will require Bo stay in the pocket and take a lick every now and then. If he gets happy feet it'll be more of the same. Sean White stood in the pocket...

On 12/26/2020 at 9:05 PM, Zeek said:

Yup. Too bad that all expenses paid auburn education means nothing.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, roe4christ said:

Is that not the case due to COVID this year? 

@roe4christ Yes but not due to Covid. This change was going to happen this year anyway.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tiger said:

Does DD fit what Hars likes in QBs? How does he fit in what will be our new system?

@TigerHarsin has used both pro style and dual threat QBs well.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

An offense that plays to his strengths? Harsin's offense will require Bo stay in the pocket and take a lick every now and then. If he gets happy feet it'll be more of the same. Sean White stood in the pocket...

I’ve read numerous times that his multiple offense is designed to take advantage of the personnel he has. I took that to mean it would use our current rosters strengths. 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

On 12/26/2020 at 9:05 PM, Zeek said:

Who's to say Harsin can't do what Hugh did with Malik?

I wouldn't be writing guys off just yet.  Almost everyone that's been recruited has had a lot of talent. Let's see what they can do with a true talent developer leading them.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Tiger said:

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

And, conversely, what excites me so much about DD is that he doesn't appear to have a system-specific skill set. There have been some Russell Wilson comparisons made and I would say the same thing about Russ. Five tool QBs. Exciting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I know I need to 'get a life,' but I watched some DD film last night against some of his better competition (I think) and goodness does this cat have a toolbox.  

I see him staying in the pocket and taking a hit to throw the ball, elusive play escaping the pocket while keeping his eyes downfield, along with some great passes.   His ability to run is of course a strength, but he is a very dangerous player coming in. 

I suspect Harsin will have a difficult decision to make come next summer regarding QB1, if Bo doesn't make some key adjustments to his game ( and I am a huge Bo fan ). 

• Like 2