2021 4* QB Dematrius Davis Commits to AU!

ellitor

On 4/5/2020 at 5:25 PM, toddc said:

Sounds like “true “ dual-threat numbers right there baby!

I dont follow recruiting like I used too but while that definitely sounds like a dual threat quarterback it may be a difference type of dual threat quarterback we had in the past.  I saw above a poster stated that he is a pocket passer so his running yards may be out of the pocket when the pocket begins to break down instead of running yards out of double option offense as nick and cam were.  This is probably a couple of years off until he might become a starter but we might need to change the offense to resemble bama with Tua or LSU with Burrow.

1 hour ago, Carnell said:

I dont follow recruiting like I used too but while that definitely sounds like a dual threat quarterback it may be a difference type of dual threat quarterback we had in the past.  I saw above a poster stated that he is a pocket passer so his running yards may be out of the pocket when the pocket begins to break down instead of running yards out of double option offense as nick and cam were.  This is probably a couple of years off until he might become a starter but we might need to change the offense to resemble bama with Tua or LSU with Burrow.

Not saying he's as good as Watson but Davis is Chad's top target & has been from day 1 because Chad thinks & expects Davis run a Watson style O from his Clemson days whatever that means to you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not saying he's as good as Watson but Davis is Chad's top target & has been from day 1 because Chad thinks & expects Davis run a Watson style O from his Clemson days whatever that means to you.

FINALLY. I have not had fun watching a AU offense since 2014 sans for a brief pit stop in the 2017 season for the stretch run of the regular season. Chad's offense at cousin clem was always the perfect mixture of Pass and run. I never got bored with watching it like I have countless times with Gustav's vanilla run run run run style.

erewr.gif

ererwrew.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Ok. I give up. Why does a player the day before he announces his choice puts up 3 teams in his twitter and none of them include Auburn, even though majority of CBs and inside info says AU? 

Why would he troll this, and not even include Auburn? He's trolling for what? Clicks? Does it seem like he is not being honest a little bit? Or is this just for funnsies, recruiting style....

I need a recruiting 101 class analysis on this one...:slapfh:

bgf.gif

• Like 1

Tweet about the live commit feed tomorrow. Includes a nice highlight package.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Free info from Keith on DD from a recruiting chat today...

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Q: Whats happening with Double 😧 released his top 3 a day before he announces? is he joking?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

DD is a good athlete but not a freak athlete like Lamar Jackson. He actually reminds me of a smaller college version of JaMarcus Russell.

Was referring to the hair lol

• Like 1

I think Nick Marshall’s best attribute as as a runner was how smart he was in the open field (when to cut up, when to juke, how to juke, etc), and Davis has that same package, if not a little bit better? As far as his straight up going up the field and kicking into another gear, it’s very reminiscent of Kyler. His acceleration is crazy 

Now I’ll add, Nick was doing this against the best conference in the sport and Davis is doing all this in HS, but he passes the eye test 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think Nick Marshall’s best attribute as as a runner was how smart he was in the open field (when to cut up, when to juke, how to juke, etc), and Davis has that same package, if not a little bit better? As far as his straight up going up the field and kicking into another gear, it’s very reminiscent of Kyler. His acceleration is crazy 

Now I’ll add, Nick was doing this against the best conference in the sport and Davis is doing all this in HS, but he passes the eye test 

It’s HS but it’s not like Davis is going against scrubs. That’s major Texas HS football he’s playing

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* QB Dematrius Davis Commits to AU!

Big boom! My man isn’t a showmen lol he said “I’m going to Auburn” no speech or nothing! Just straight to the facts.

Said he was a big Cam Newton fan.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I’m still watching the presser. I love his parents.

His dad was a trip, but his mom was awesome!

• Like 2

I seem to remember having a quarterback from Texas... they didn’t talk about it much and never mentioned he was engaged lol

20 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I seem to remember having a quarterback from Texas... they didn’t talk about it much and never mentioned he was engaged lol

They also didn’t mention he practiced at a high school and ran scout team while out of football either lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Tennessee can’t have all the recruiting fun.

I think we take back some of those boys 

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Finally a QB fit . Holy crap it’s about time . Huge pickup 

What is it about SEC Freshman of the Year Bo Nix that makes you think he's not a fit?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1