* Official Auburn vs. Northwestern Game Thread *

abw0004

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Autiger2003 said:

This NU team is about as undisciplined as I’ve seen. Hard to believe we don’t run them out of the stadium on pure raw talent alone. What a $hit team.

I don’t think we have that much talent on the field right now lol 

The receivers yeah...after that and Pappoe though 

The area he is talking about actually gets their main channels out of Macon. No one in his viewing area is even watching this. Some UGA grad a**hole at the TV station is doing this on purpose. 

Bo’s mechanics are not good, I will admit/agree to that. I do think he’s put in some pretty crappy situations with the play calling. This looks just like it has for the last 8 years with any QB, IMO. I don’t think Bo has reached his limit as far as ability or talent. I think he needs to be coached better, I think he needs to be put in better situations with the play designing/calling.  

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

We're great at that though. If we, shoulda coulda woulda....also all of our players would be AMAZING if they were in any other situation but this one.....

Better come to the realization we need a talent upgrade as bad as a coaching one. The only might be superstar on this team is bigsby. That's it

Seth could be with a better scheme

3 minutes ago, dmoney said:

We need a whole new mind set on this team. I've seen no fire. I've seen to much sh*t talking after every play from the defense.  To much look at me, look at me.. I will glad to see discipline back on this team. Toughness etc... 

This is something that has been overlooked by some on a Gus coached team. The mentality they have adapted from their coach is not a mentality that is going to win championships. It has infiltrated the entire program - that awe shucks, do just good enough attitude. This team needs to be taken to a boot camp.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

We're great at that though. If we, shoulda coulda woulda....also all of our players would be AMAZING if they were in any other situation but this one.....

Better come to the realization we need a talent upgrade as bad as a coaching one. The only might be superstar on this team is bigsby. That's it

Agreed! Although, Seth could be with a little more effort and concentration.

3 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Dude they were 2 A maybe..........Marengo most likely couldn't beat McIntosh, Sweet Water, or Grand Bay........3 other garbage dumps.

You do realize Sweet Water is in Marengo County, don’t you, Einstein?

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

This is something that has been overlooked by some on a Gus coached team. The mentality they have adapted from their coach is not a mentality that is going to win championships. It has infiltrated the entire program - that awe shucks, do good enough attitude. This team needs to be taken to a boot camp.

Yeah, it’s a terrible attitude. I’ve noticed it too. 

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

As a sophomore for Auburn he's

9th in passing yards all time

7th in completions

11th in passing touchdowns

6th in rushing yards by an AU qb with 100 attempts or more

14 rushing touchdowns and a number of game winning plays

It's okay though I watched the same board tear Stidham apart

I watched the same board even tear Nick Marshall apart

QB is always the go-to guy to complain about. Backup is always the most loved player.

They also get all the credit when they don't deserve it

Started the game late, so just now catching up in the thread.

-Chad Morris is absolutely terrible at his job. That first 3rd down call to Shivers on 3rd and 2...my God.

-Our DL hasn’t gotten a decent pass rush in YEARS. It’s clearly on coaching... Brown and Davidson got by on pure athletic ability.

-I have more faith in Nix than most here. OL is bad, Gus ruins QBs with his “coaching”, and Morris’s play calling is a damn joke. 

-DBs look completely lost... again, coaching.

- A lot of y’all are dogging the players for lack of effort and “not showing up” but I think that’s bull****. I see effort from a group of guys with no coach, who haven’t been properly taught how to play the game at a high level. 

In regards to Bo, it seems so many of the fans here are letting emotion get in the way of an accurate analysis. Would a better OL and better receivers, combined with better play-calling, help?  Of course that would help. You can say what you want (everyone is entitled to their opinion) but clearly Bo Nix is mediocre. Easily one of the worst SEC quarterbacks and has regressed rather than improved. He would light in up against inferior competition, like Malik Willis is doing, but we pay in the SEC West. He is simply not good enough and we should give someone else a shot.  If that fails, but Bo back in. But Bo Nix has a certain amount of athletic ability and it is sorely lacking, at this level.  Not trying to slander Bo as by all accounts he is a well-mannered kid who loves Auburn, but the talent level is not there.  Horribly inaccurate passer.  Just does not have the skills required to be a top-tier quarterback. 

Just now, jw 4 au said:

Shivers may be leaving because of Bo. He seems very frustrated with Bo. 

Imma guess Bo ain't happy about Shivers missing the blitzer

Archived