2022 4* QB Holden Geriner Commits to AU!

ellitor

I didn't say anyone is stupid for hoping we'd beat the odds. I hope we beat the odds. Every school that hires a new coach hopes they beat the odds. But, the odds are what they are and it doesn't hurt to recognize them. Unless, of course, one is so insecure that he/she wants to put head in sand and pretend the odds aren't there.

I, myself, I am optimistic. I'm also a realist. I didn't know that injecting realism into a message board discussion was taboo.

8 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Measure up to is pretty danged close to matching.

Close but no cigar.

12 minutes ago, Beaker said:

regarding recruiting and Harsin:

"You can have it now or you can have done right. "

It is obvious to me he is not trying to fill the roster with what he can get.   They have intentionally not taken a few commitments from what I hear.   He is selective and wants kids that fully buy into his work first and work daily mentality.  

Let's hope that's what's going on!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I, myself, I am optimistic. I'm also a realist. I didn't know that injecting realism into a message board discussion was taboo.

Injecting realism isn't. Countering every statement of optimism with it is.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Close but no cigar.

A lot closer than measure up to and failure.

I like following Holden on the Twit machine. This kid is the kind of guy you want! He is helping Auburn recruit! Auburn man, through and through.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I like following Holden on the Twit machine. This kid is the kind of guy you want! He is helping Auburn recruit! Auburn man, through and through.

He's being the kind of leader you want in a quarterback.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

He's being the kind of leader you want in a quarterback.

He is. Bo was that way too. I remember Bo being all in at all times. It’s a shame Gus did everything he could to kill the kid’s spirit. He seems to be recovering though and going hard in the weight room. 

• Like 4

• Thanks 1

Kid is working the social media big time. Really great we got this kid early in the cycle.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Kid is working the social media big time. Really great we got this kid early in the cycle.

Yup. He gets nothing but glowing reviews at every event. Was a virtual unknown when the staff passed on some kids much higher rated and pursued Holden.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DAG said:

I’m buying the hype 

He's got a big live arm.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Love that release. 

Not much wind up is there?

The ball is in his chest, then is downfield. Very little in between.

11 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Love that release. 

It’s quick with some velocity. Sure would like that ball higher but guys have succeeded with worse. The weird footwork is going to need fixing I think but, man, I like the guy’s potential 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fredst said:

It’s quick with some velocity. Sure would like that ball higher but guys have succeeded with worse. The weird footwork is going to need fixing I think but, man, I like the guy’s potential 

Occasionally drops down more than I'd like to see, but he gets through his throwing motion quickly. Love his potential, like you said.

2 hours ago, SumterAubie said:

Not much wind up is there?

The ball is in his chest, then is downfield. Very little in between.

No, and he has a lot of snap in his wrist. It's fun to watch.

Geriner enjoying role as a recruiter for 2022 Auburn class

by Jason Caldwell

12 minutes ago

Auburn’s quarterback commitment for the 2022 class and a player that has been on campus at every opportunity going back to the A-Day game and throughout June, 4-star Holden Geriner was back on the Plains for Big Cat on Sunday and said for him it was a different look inside the program that will be his home beginning in January.

“Obviously I got to get back and we got Damari (commitment Damari Alston) and that’s a huge addition,” Geriner said. “Just to meet everybody we’re recruiting and meet them in person is really big, not just through texts. It’s really fun.”

Like many quarterbacks before him, Geriner is taking on the role of a recruiting leader for the Tigers in the 2022 class along with long-time commitment Powell Gordon and now a guy like Alston. Being able to have a hand in recruiting and help tell guys all about Auburn is something Geriner said is an honor for him.

“It’s so much fun just being out here and representing my future school,” Geriner said. “Obviously I was in that position one day of being recruited by people, so being able to change my role and help recruit people is really special and really fun.”

Having a hand in landing Alston is something that Geriner said he takes pride in.

“It makes me feel good that I sold the school well,” he said. “It makes me feel good.”

In addition to his role as a recruiter, Geriner said the visit allowed him to continue to build that bond with Bryan Harsin, Mike Bobo and the rest of the coaching staff. That’s something that has been very important for the quarterback throughout the entire process.

“I talk to the coaches every single day, so I’m building a relationship all the time,” Geriner said. “We’re really comfortable now and it’s the same with the players. Every time I’m up here with the players I’m getting comfortable with them too. It’s been really fun.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Paladin said:

Dang you’re quick 

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...